RE: "What do you want in a President?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Re: RE: "What do you want in a President?"
I would be happy with 3rd party candidates being given equal face time in the media.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 02:14 PM
(15-10-2012 04:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Someone who is willing to fail a lie detector test. We all know there are people out there that lie so well, they could pass even when lying. We need someone to come along and be willing to not only be strapped into a lie detector, but also be asked anything. He/she is bound to have the urge to lie about something. It is from the lies that are told we can truly see what kind of person they are. For instance, are they lying to protect themselves or a friend of theirs, or are they trying to protect the country?

I'd want a president with good character, which would include honesty, and a president who agrees with me on policy.

That lie detector idea is funny. My mom asked me about politicians and lying just the other day. I was watching a Senate race debate. When she asked if I believed anything they were saying, I responded that I only believed them when they were telling the truth, then she questioned how I knew they were telling the truth. For me, politicians are asked enough questions, and personally, I always viewed it as pretty easy to pick up on their character, and whether or not they are honest people, especially with the internet and the type of coverage they get today.

Maybe it would be better to actually know if they are lying or telling the truth, but I kind of like the fun in guessing.

The only time it might be bad is if you had a guy like Clinton. Clinton is actually a guy who is lacking in character, but he is such a good politician, that he might actually successfully pull one over on you. For Democrats it also helps him that he seems to be on your side. With Clinton, even some people who know he lied about certain things, still hold him in high regards because of how good of a politician he was. The good economy helped also, but still.

It's usually either obvious, or you can take a good guess.

With Romney for example, it's kind of obvious that majority of the stuff coming out of his mouth is complete bullshit. All you have to do is look at the opinion polls, and you pretty much know what views he is going to express in his next appearance, and to me, that's what shows his complete lack of character. His 47 percent comments didn't surprise me, his debate performance wasn't surprising to me. It's like with Romney, he is a bad politician that only plays politics. He seems like a poorly programed robot, that the creators keep trying to fix the bugs in but with only little success. You can tell what he actually might stand for personally, but all the bullshit floods that out and makes it irrelevant, because eventually, he'll just be reprogrammed to do what his owners want him to do.

With Obama, you can kind of assume that he was never really against gay marriage and that he probably picked a random church and went there to act like he was more religious than he actually was, both for political purposes. You can tell he wants to get on stage and scream healthcare and stimulus as loud as he possibly can, followed by condescending remarks toward Americans and praise toward himself, but even if he feels it might be right, he can't do it because it's bad politics. Key and Peele have Obama down, with their translator skits. Obama needs a real black guy to follow him around and say real shit, like a black version of Joe Biden.

I really don't know, maybe no matter what happened it wouldn't make a difference. Maybe people are just going to vote for the candidate who tells them what they want to hear, no matter what.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
16-10-2012, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 09:18 AM by Diablo.)
(15-10-2012 06:33 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I would be happy with 3rd party candidates being given equal face time in the media.

That requires money. Money they get from the aristocrats and the corporations they use to push their aristocratic agenda. These people have no interest in buying three candidates. Two is just enough for the sheep to think they still have a choice!
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
16-10-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: RE: "What do you want in a President?"
I want to change my response. I want someone willing to go into a debate blindfolded. Someone willing to not only say they won't use a teleprompter, but actually prove that they won't. The problem we have is everyone running is nothing but an actor. They have writers that come up with their content. If it isn't on the screen ahead of them, they know nothing about it. When asked a question, there should be only 3 possible responses. 1.) The truth off the top of their head. 2.) I don't know. or 3.) I am not allowed to say. This process of listening to them read from a screen leads to them firstly not telling the truth, it also leads to them not remembering what they said just days before. I can't think of a single mainstream candidate that isn't told what to say by a fucking piece of paper or screen. If you wrote me speaches and had me run, I would have at least as good a chance of getting in as they do providing I ran as either republican or democrat. Our system of selecting our president sucks balls.
16-10-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 04:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: RE: "What do you want in a President?"
(There are a lot of fallacies in that linked paper Anarchist, which I will address later).

The first thing I want in a president,...the person who actually has his/her finger on the nuclear controls in the "briefcase", is someone who is willing to assert they DO NOT believe there are actually, today, in the room with them, *devils and angels and invisible beings*. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.