RE:tips to quit smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
RE: tips to quit smoking
(09-01-2011 11:15 AM)Ryedo Wrote:  I know this is an old thread, and the following may have been mentioned, but smoke as normal for the first day or so and record how many cigs you smoke. Let's say on the first day you smoke 20. On the next day, try limit the number to 19 - discarding the remainder. Over the following few days, get into the habit of sticking to 19 cigs by discarding 1 cig as soon as you open the pack. When you get comfortable with 19, try limiting the number to 18. Keep repeating this process until you can go without. Simples!

Hey, thanks for the tip Ryedo, I'll give it a try!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: RE:tips to quit smoking
If you are going to try and quick smoking, you should also try to loose weight as nicotine is generally stored in the fat cells because when your body burns the fat cell with the stored nicotine - it will release that nicotine back into your blood stream giving you that 'urge' to smoke one even if you're moderately fit.. aw. this gets me to remember Stephen King's story "Quitters, Inc.", wherein a protagonist signs a pact with a company that ensures he will stop smoking. :3 unfortunately the company is run by the mob. which are not afraid to use a little violence should a client not meet his or her end of the bargain. A brand new web program (Website makes you go to the gym, or pay up) utilizes a comparable method to motivate participants to go to the gym. While nobody gets whacked, the site hits violators where it hurts: in the wallet.
09-01-2012, 03:41 PM
What helped me to quit smoking > "I don't wanna die now"
Alone normal breathing burned in my lungs so bad that I had a real problem to breath > I quit. And everytime I get that urge back that I want a cigarette, just one, I think about the fact that it will not be only that one AND that I don't like when breathing hurts like crap.

Really there are no magic tricks to do it better like changing your rituals, eat a carrot everytime you feel like having a cigarette, lighting it the wrong way around, nikotin plasters, only sniffing it......
Either you stop, and have your reason, or you don't stop.

Only rule, never ever try even one again, because you try one and oh it wasn't that bad I can have just one more....
Physically your done after a few days. I'd say 3 to 5 days and your body doesn't need it anymore. During these days you will piss everyone off, you may shake a bit and be nervous and annoyed and bitchy, but that is temporary.
Psychological you'll have to fight with yourself for a long time. You will dream about it, you will get nervous, you will even get an urge to smoke after years.
But everytime you succeed to not smoke it, you can be proud of yourself!

cheers

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Just add some maryjane to it and then you'll probably forget to smoke cigarettes!! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)