• 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: RED DREAMS
(02-06-2013 03:29 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 03:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  You're 4 words! Angry

I don't get it... OH!

Oh, Erxy Laughat

That's what she said. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I've known about the Mars One thing for a year or so now, while intriguing, I have my small doubts as to it's legitimacy, that is probably just my inner con-man sensing opportunity, I'd guess.

Either way, their plans do seem plausible and go to show you can only really rely on private investors to get your products off the ground.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
(02-06-2013 04:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've known about the Mars One thing for a year or so now, while intriguing, I have my small doubts as to it's legitimacy, that is probably just my inner con-man sensing opportunity, I'd guess.

Either way, their plans do seem plausible and go to show you can only really rely on private investors to get your products off the ground.

Capitalism at its best? They're planning to film the whole thing, and broadcast it as a reality show. With that revenue this would bring in, they hope to cover the expenses.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Ya know what, I'd do this.
If it was offered to me tomorrow to go land on Mars even though there would be no chance of returning, I'd say yes.
Talk about doing something big for the history books with your life.

I don't know if I'd say yes if I was going to be like 11th or 12th or something up though. I'd want to be #1.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-06-2013, 07:14 AM
(03-06-2013 07:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know what, I'd do this.
If it was offered to me tomorrow to go land on Mars even though there would be no chance of returning, I'd say yes.

I don't know if I'd say yes if I was going to be like 11th or 12th or something up though. I'd want to be #1.

Plus statistically, there would be far less fuck-wits to annoy you.

That's a bonus right there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
(02-06-2013 04:37 PM)zaybu Wrote:  ...
They're planning to film the whole thing, and broadcast it as a reality show...

Again. That's a thing that happened in Red Mars.

Either Kim Stanley Robinson is prescient, or reality has no imagination.
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-06-2013, 10:03 AM
(03-06-2013 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Plus statistically, there would be far fewer fuck-wits to annoy you.

Yeah, but if there were any there with you, you'd never get away from them.
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
(03-06-2013 10:03 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Plus statistically, there would be far fewer fuck-wits to annoy you.

Yeah, but if there were any there with you, you'd never get away from them.

Oh, I suspect there would be any number of opportunities to solve the problem. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
(03-06-2013 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 07:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know what, I'd do this.

Plus statistically, there would be far less fuck-wits to annoy you.

What cjlr said.
The bonus of sharing this planet with 7billion people is that statistically speaking, yes the vast majority are fucking stupid cunts, even at 1% actual good people I'd get a long with, that's still 70million people...

Though as Chas acutely points out, "accidents" are a very likely risk with all the machinery and dangerous habitat...
Maybe one of the space suits had a small leak? Who knows.

Actually, thinking about "accidents", there would only be 4 of you... Consider
Perhaps there's leaks in three of the four suits? Perhaps I'm the only one with a gun? Perhaps I'm now the supreme dictator of Mars and all the new people who are sent in small manageable 4 man lots at a time are integrated into my slave society at the threat of death and perhaps I build up an army and perhaps I build up the colony on Mars and request more people to be sent, and perhaps it get's so big and everyone is my personal slave/army and perhaps I build huge space ships and perhaps I assemble a huge armada and attack Earth and perhaps I take over Earth and become Supreme Galactic Emperor of Earth and Mars, and perhaps I hook myself up to a machine body so I live forever, and perhaps I expand into the rest of the solar system inhabiting moons, Mercury, and the dwarf planets, and perhaps I get renamed to Supreme Galactic Emperor of the Solar Sytem the Great.
And then perhaps I expand all throughout the Milkway, and perhaps my power grows exponentially as my professional loyal army of colonists and scientists carve up the Milkyway, claiming solar system after solar system in my name, and then perhaps I rule over the entire Milkyway galaxy and I get renamed to Omnipotent Supreme Galactic Overlord the Great. And then perhaps I expand to neighboring galaxies and take them over too. Then perhaps I just continue to expand until all the known universe and beyond is under my control and then I just keep expanding, sending the human race to all corners of the universe (which I will eventual find btw) until the human plague is on every planet, every moon, every rock, every star (don't ask how, I haven't worked out the details yet), every blackhole, every dead star, every nebula, everything in the entire universe, all controlled by me, at which time I will be renamed to simple 'God'.
Perhaps.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
(03-06-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Plus statistically, there would be far less fuck-wits to annoy you.

What cjlr said.
The bonus of sharing this planet with 7billion people is that statistically speaking, yes the vast majority are fucking stupid cunts, even at 1% actual good people I'd get a long with, that's still 70million people...

Though as Chas acutely points out, "accidents" are a very likely risk with all the machinery and dangerous habitat...
Maybe one of the space suits had a small leak? Who knows.

Actually, thinking about "accidents", there would only be 4 of you... Consider
Perhaps there's leaks in three of the four suits? Perhaps I'm the only one with a gun? Perhaps I'm now the supreme dictator of Mars and all the new people who are sent in small manageable 4 man lots at a time are integrated into my slave society at the threat of death and perhaps I build up an army and perhaps I build up the colony on Mars and request more people to be sent, and perhaps it get's so big and everyone is my personal slave/army and perhaps I build huge space ships and perhaps I assemble a huge armada and attack Earth and perhaps I take over Earth and become Supreme Galactic Emperor of Earth and Mars, and perhaps I hook myself up to a machine body so I live forever, and perhaps I expand into the rest of the solar system inhabiting moons, Mercury, and the dwarf planets, and perhaps I get renamed to Supreme Galactic Emperor of the Solar Sytem the Great.
And then perhaps I expand all throughout the Milkway, and perhaps my power grows exponentially as my professional loyal army of colonists and scientists carve up the Milkyway, claiming solar system after solar system in my name, and then perhaps I rule over the entire Milkyway galaxy and I get renamed to Omnipotent Supreme Galactic Overlord the Great. And then perhaps I expand to neighboring galaxies and take them over too. Then perhaps I just continue to expand until all the known universe and beyond is under my control and then I just keep expanding, sending the human race to all corners of the universe (which I will eventual find btw) until the human plague is on every planet, every moon, every rock, every star (don't ask how, I haven't worked out the details yet), every blackhole, every dead star, every nebula, everything in the entire universe, all controlled by me, at which time I will be renamed to simple 'God'.
Perhaps.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!