REQUEST TO BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: REQUEST TO BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE
The Geek posted in part...

PLEASE DO NOT FURTHER TROLL MY THREAD OUT OF RESPECT FOR THIS BEING A SAFE PLACE.

People who have obviously serious psychological issues shouldn't be posting and/or seeking help on a public forum under the misapprehension that it's a "safe place"—it isn't.

As I suggested to him/her, a trained counsellor or a psychologist was the best form of intervention—which seemed to release a barrage of crude insults directed at me for such a suggestion. One can only hope that they've at least taken some of our advice on board.

It is difficult for a non-professional to deal with someone who has an obvious inferiority complex, or total lack of self-esteem, anger management issues, and who relies on passive-aggressive argumentation to communicate.

Their public, rather than PM, request to be banned was simply another manifestation of the passive-aggressive—or "poor me" mindset.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
03-03-2017, 04:40 AM
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Doesn't it figure? The one time I try to help someone who MIGHT be a troll or drive-by and of course it bites me on the ass.

I admit to not having a lot of trust in the internet. One can be a lot of things here. Who knows, it could even be Dump reaching out for help, since twitter banned him.

If someone having one or two posts and feels like spilling the personal beans, I have second thoughts about intent. I try to be a helpful person, but I hate to see my efforts wasted on someone getting their rocks off over something like that.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
03-03-2017, 05:37 AM
Yabut, who are you?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-03-2017, 05:56 AM
Twitter banned the potus ?
03-03-2017, 06:43 AM
(03-03-2017 05:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Twitter banned the potus ?

it could happen, you know.
03-03-2017, 06:54 AM
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Doesn't it figure? The one time I try to help someone who MIGHT be a troll or drive-by and of course it bites me on the ass. This is why I always wait about a week or so before I decide if I'm going to help, because these weirdos are too plentiful. I have just one life and I don't want to waste one second of it on these people. Ugh.

I feel your pain. You should have seen his / her post in my sobriety thread. Came way out of left field. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Then the apology post came a couple posts later.

So yeah... I might adopt your policy. I certainly don't mind helping others but you never know who's going to show up.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
03-03-2017, 08:27 AM
(03-03-2017 06:54 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Doesn't it figure? The one time I try to help someone who MIGHT be a troll or drive-by and of course it bites me on the ass. This is why I always wait about a week or so before I decide if I'm going to help, because these weirdos are too plentiful. I have just one life and I don't want to waste one second of it on these people. Ugh.

I feel your pain. You should have seen his / her post in my sobriety thread. Came way out of left field. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Then the apology post came a couple posts later.

So yeah... I might adopt your policy. I certainly don't mind helping others but you never know who's going to show up.

Drug problem ADHD anger issues jail time and a cannabis habit, this poor woman has the whole nine yards, and asking to be banned means she knows she has serious problems she just can't seem to control / help herself, very sad, but you just can't have such rampant rug shitting and faeces flinging.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-03-2017, 08:31 AM
(03-03-2017 08:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Drug problem ADHD anger issues jail time and a cannabis habit, this poor woman has the whole nine yards, and asking to be banned means she knows she has serious problems she just can't seem to control / help herself, very sad, but you just can't have such rampant rug shitting and faeces flinging.

It's just the way that they went about doing it. It's very simple to me. If you don't like the site then just quietly walk away. No need for the pity party and "oh woe is me". But as you said... When you start flinging shit everywhere it kind of lets you know the person's character.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
03-03-2017, 10:12 AM
I want more stars! I only have 3. Where do I find more? Do I need to go through a magic painting?

Also, don't ban me! I'm a good boy.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 10:20 AM
(03-03-2017 10:12 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I want more stars! I only have 3. Where do I find more? Do I need to go through a magic painting?

Also, don't ban me! I'm a good boy.

Post more. Or donate to TTA. That will get you even more shiny stars, and a new name color.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post