REd State

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2011, 12:55 AM
REd State
Just wondering if anyone has seen the miltant homophobic fundies movie Red State.
Tarantino gave it a big wrap and I usually don't like the horror genre but thought this one provided a few mixed insights.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2011, 07:56 AM
RE: REd State
Yes! The first time I watched it I think I was blinded by my own bias. I really liked it the first time. Since then I have seen it two more times from watching it with friends and have decided that it IMHO isn't a terribly well put together movie, with an incomplete plot, and a poor ending.

****spoilers ahead*****

The parts I thought still held strong after my more critical viewings were all from the first part. No offense meant to my boy Dan Conner. The preacher in that movie was really well acted especially the part where he is well... Preaching for a good twenty minutes. It was creepy mostly because I've been in a church where the subject matter was similar minus the kid murdering (but who knows what they get up to these days) and the suspense attached to the kid in the cage was well done especially when it was his turn.

Otherwise nothing else stuck with me. Though it was funny that the horn was their undoing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply