RIP Chris Cornell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2017, 07:29 AM
RE: RIP Chris Cornell
Goddamnit!!!! I sure didn't want to hear that news today. I grew up listening to Soundgarden and all his work. Fuck I'll miss listening to him. RIP my friend.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Really sad now I never got to see Soundgarden live, though I did get to see CC solo a few years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
18-05-2017, 08:22 AM
I knew nothing about him until today. My musical tastes never really included the whole grunge thing. I lived in Vancouver (just a short drive to Seattle) during the whole grunge era and I could see that it was just another corporate manipulation designed specifically to extract money from wallets.

All that said...

I had a listen to some of CC's stuff today. Guy had a serious set of pipes.

Today, followers of him probably feel much like I felt when Keith Emerson shot himself. Heartbreaking. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and fans.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
18-05-2017, 08:33 AM
(18-05-2017 07:13 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 07:10 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Crazy Sad I wonder what happened?

It's being reported as a suicide.

Chris Cornell found dead by family friend in suspected suicide, Detroit police confirm

Sadcryface2

I'm not saying that he didn't...but I wish until they know all the facts wouldn't say anything about cause of death.

I feel sad. Soungarden was one of the last "new bands" at that time that I liked.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-05-2017, 08:34 AM
(18-05-2017 08:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I knew nothing about him until today. My musical tastes never really included the whole grunge thing. I lived in Vancouver (just a short drive to Seattle) during the whole grunge era and I could see that it was just another corporate manipulation designed specifically to extract money from wallets.

All that said...

I had a listen to some of CC's stuff today. Guy had a serious set of pipes.

Today, followers of him probably feel much like I felt when Keith Emerson shot himself. Heartbreaking. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and fans.

I would highly recommend going through Sound Garden's catalogue of music, maybe not to everybodys taste but some quality tunes in there. Plus the one album from Temple of The Dog is a bit more "positive" in sound. His solo work came across a bit "pop"-y to me, but you might enjoy it a lot. And Audioslave is just an awesome sound, again maybe not your sort of thing but some good songs in there.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
18-05-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm sad about this. He was also among the first bands that I really enjoyed growing up. RIP Chris Cornell.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
18-05-2017, 08:58 AM
(18-05-2017 08:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not saying that he didn't...but I wish until they know all the facts wouldn't say anything about cause of death.

I feel sad. Soungarden was one of the last "new bands" at that time that I liked.

He had that kind of voice - he needed you to listen and hear him. They will be missed.

It is possible he could have had some physical anomaly that even he didn't know about. They can really only speculate, at this time and they shouldn't do it publically.

I think however, an artist on the bathroom floor has never been a positive or comforting sign. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-05-2017, 11:15 AM
At work.

Sadcryface

Tooo many tunes on my mp3 player are now of past glory.

I'm glad the sounds will continue to play on.
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
18-05-2017, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2017 02:13 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I'm pretty wrecked by this. This is not a celebrity passing I had expected to see any time soon.

That VOICE!!! I play guitar and sing, and I'm not one to generally envy another musician's abilities because it doesn't get you anywhere; but holy shit what a voice. There was no way to listen to him for any length of time and not be awed by the power, range, and emotive quality he had. He was such an inspiration.

Temple of the Dog was one of the most important albums to me as a kid in the early 90s. It was so powerful and personal and touching without being gratuitous or overly sentimental, and it just plain rocked! There were certainly some standouts from Soundgarden, Audioslave, and his solo material too but TOTD stands as a benchmark of what would later be known as "grunge" as far as I'm concerned. I feel like those songs have aged better than a lot of what would later come out of Seattle.
[+] 5 users Like Mr. Boston's post
18-05-2017, 02:32 PM
I feel terrible. He had an amazing vocal range.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post