RIP Chris Cornell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: RIP Chris Cornell
I've been a huge fan since 90, when I first heard Louder Than Love.

His songwriting is what got me -- heartfelt, sometimes simplistic, always poetic, his songs really moved me and helped me deal with my own bullshit, and in a way that was beautiful and rough and sometimes jarring. He's influenced my own musicianship and songwriting as well. Even in sobering up, adopting your line "alive in the superunknown" has been a guidepost for me.

Thanks for the songs and memories, Chris. You left an indelible imprint where you strode.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Well, there it is ... talking to his wife on the phone and hung up in the middle of a conversation. The wife calls the bodyguard, he breaks in to find him in the bathroom with "something around his neck".

Goddamnit.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-05-2017, 04:48 PM
(18-05-2017 04:00 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, there it is ... talking to his wife on the phone and hung up in the middle of a conversation. The wife calls the bodyguard, he breaks in to find him in the bathroom with "something around his neck".

Goddamnit.

How terrible. Poor woman.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
18-05-2017, 05:08 PM
I always enjoyed Soundgarden. As for the grunge movement I would say that Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are/were my favorites.

I could not stand (and still can't) Nirvana. I simply cannot listen to their stuff.

It's sad news for his family and friends.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-05-2017, 05:20 PM
(18-05-2017 04:00 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, there it is ... talking to his wife on the phone and hung up in the middle of a conversation. The wife calls the bodyguard, he breaks in to find him in the bathroom with "something around his neck".

Goddamnit.

Well. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go...
Blush

(sorry, I had to)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-05-2017, 05:25 PM

Goddamnit.

I had heard that night he played the zeppelin version of In the Time of my dying.

When I heard that, before I read that he completed suicide, I thought wow I bet he rocked that. The dude had an awesome set of pipes.

Very sad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I'll just add that depression is a wicked fucking bitch.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Pete Thorn, a guy who played guitar for Chris back when Chris was touring for his Carry On album, iirc, shares some stories about Chris. Heart I thought y'all might enjoy it.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
18-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Here is a clip regarding the one story that Pete told...

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
19-05-2017, 12:30 AM
"... I've got everything to live for ..."

Goddamnit, it's rough.