RIP Lemmy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2015, 08:03 AM
RIP Lemmy
And so, the greatest of them all has left us...

RIP Lemmy

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
29-12-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: RIP Lemmy
Back in high school I had a friend who was a huge Motörhead fan; I can only imagine how devastated he must be because he never got to see him live at a concert even though he always wanted to.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-12-2015, 10:16 AM
[Image: c256307feed08437e5dac5aaa302991a.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
29-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Welcome to: Lemmy is dead - thread 2.

Kind of admire his exit ... 70th birthday on xmas eve, 2 days later, finds out he has a whopping mad strain of cancer, 2 days later, fucks off.

I think he just said, "Fuck this, I never wanted to be 70, anyway."

I'll miss Lemmy - he was a serious history buff. He made many donations to historical museum collections.

I understand he was wonderful to converse with and he did have nice hair. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-12-2015, 10:25 AM
I admired that a man could be that ugly and still pull hot, young chicas anytime he wanted!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Definitely a giant among men.
29-12-2015, 11:45 AM
(29-12-2015 10:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I admired that a man could be that ugly and still pull hot, young chicas anytime he wanted!

Lemmy was quite the feminist - he felt strongly that women needed a more equal footing in lead areas -especially music. Chrissy Hinde will tell you absolutely that Lemmy was responsible for her entire career. As will many other lady demons of rock.

Lemmy was quite the gent, or so I've heard. His lady friends generally, have nothing bad to say about him ... except possibly, the alcohol consumption. He quit that several years ago, mostly because of his diabetes.

Just this fall, Marc Maron interviewed Lemmy - it was a sweet interview. I kind of knew then it would be the last time I heard him. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Loved Lemmy. He did what he wanted, and didn't chastise other people for whatever they did. A true, free man. What a guy. I can't claim I was a big Motorhead fan or anything, but was always a fan of Lemmy and how he conducted himself in regards to attitude.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
15-01-2016, 04:06 AM
I used to hang out at the same clubs as Lemmy back in the late 80's in London. He was a cool guy and never got caught up in all the rock star BS just sat at the bar with the rest of us. We've a lost a few good ones in the last week or so, Lemmy, Bowie and now Alan Rickman. Such a shame.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post