RIP Lucasarts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: RIP Lucasarts
Although they are closing LucasArts, I am confident Disney will push more video games out of the franchise fairly soon. And who knows, we may get video games associated with the new movies that are not the usual packages of crap that go along with most movies.

Disney is going to milk this cash cow and video games are a prime market. The Old Republic flopped, but they know that there is a demand for a game like that out there. Battlefront had huge success and they know the demand for it is out there too. I just can't see Disney not taking advantage of that, but I can see an advantage in getting rid of LucasArts to do it. Not because they did not have their successes, but because they also had their flops.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 02:31 PM
(05-04-2013 09:42 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Huh....
I guess that explains why I can't log on to multiplayer Battlefront any more....

Ach, somebody is going to create a server for battlefront soon anyway. About that, am I the only one who thinks Battlefront 1 is better than 2? Cause I really missed some maps like Cloud City, Alzoc 3, Dune Sea and the original Kashyyk levels, nevermind the ability to fly aircraft on the ground. Battlefront 2 had so much, yet lacked the best from the first one.
05-04-2013, 04:15 PM
(05-04-2013 01:32 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Storywise the sequel was weak and way too short, but gameplay wise it was a big improvment, i had a crapload of fun with II. And Juno Eclipse is H-O-T.

If people want to know, my favorite Star Wars game is Jedi Outcast. Therefore Kyle Katarn is my favorite Star Wars character aswell; he's like the ST universe Chuck Norris, without the crazy fundamentalist ideas.

Aww man i forgot about Kyle katarn, Star Wars: Dark Forces was one of my favorite ps1 games.

Republic commando was pretty decent too.
05-04-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 04:32 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
[Image: 50YearsFromNow_zpseac5d4d1.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
07-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Never played any of the fore mentioned games but did play this little cult number by Lucas Arts.

Remember this?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-04-2013, 04:18 AM
I shed a tear knowing I couldn't be the one bringing death to the money whores that were the modern Lucasarts.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Grim Fandango is another excellent game they created for the PC. One of the top point and click games; it's a overlooked gem for sure. Extra special if you are a Noir film fan.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
08-04-2013, 11:46 AM
RIP Lucas Arts.... they shall be reunited with lechuck.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
BATTLEFRONT 2 all the way. Only thing better than a FPS in which you're insulted for camping because people can't stand being outsmarted by those with slower knee-jerk reaction times, in a game? Land and space battles littered with so many enemy AI survival is damn near nonexistent anyway Smile Had some extremely intense games on Endor while playing the Empire Wink That shit was rough!

10-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Sad

Jedi academy 2 and Force Unleashed 1 &2...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson