RIP Margaret Thatcher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2013, 07:58 AM
RIP Margaret Thatcher
Today Margaret Thatcher passed away.
The former prime minister of the United Kingdom, the first woman to hold that position, died at the age of 87.

Thatcher was a controversial figure. For instance her response to the conflict in the Falkland's.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Caveman's post
08-04-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: RIP Margaret Thatcher
Just seen it on the news.

Good fucking riddance!

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Best thing she did for this country is have the good grace to fucking die, Good fucking riddance!

[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
08-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Whatever else all she has done, I am grateful to her. She advanced the status of women in society by leaps and bounds.

She made some huge mistakes, but I for one applaud her guts to stand up for herself in an all male world.

Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
08-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm not from the UK, nor do I give a shit about Margaret Thatcher, but I guess it is a cause for celebration regardless.

Now you we just have to wait for the damned Queen to kick the bucket and the country will be rid of terrorizing, icy cold women.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
08-04-2013, 08:38 AM
(08-04-2013 08:29 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm not from the UK, nor do I give a shit about Margaret Thatcher, but I guess it is a cause for celebration regardless.

Now you we just have to wait for the damned Queen to kick the bucket and the country will be rid of terrorizing, icy cold women.

Thing I like most about Thatcher is she gave proof positive of the old lie that if women ruled the world there would be no war.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-04-2013, 08:39 AM
(08-04-2013 08:29 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ...

Not quite.

My ex-wife still lives there.

Coffeedrinker

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2013, 08:39 AM
(08-04-2013 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  Whatever else all she has done, I am grateful to her. She advanced the status of women in society by leaps and bounds.

She made some huge mistakes, but I for one applaud her guts to stand up for herself in an all male world.

Thumbsup

Seriously? She did nothing to advance women in society her cuts to child benefits which would affect mothers and criticism of mothers that work say the exact opposite. She may have been a woman but that does not mean she was good for women.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
(08-04-2013 08:39 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Seriously? She did nothing to advance women in society her cuts to child benefits which would affect mothers and criticism of mothers that work say the exact opposite. She may have been a woman but that does not mean she was good for women.

Saying Thatcher didn't advance women and break glass ceilings is saying that Obama didn't for black people.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 2 users Like Caveman's post
08-04-2013, 09:42 AM
(08-04-2013 09:30 AM)Caveman Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 08:39 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Seriously? She did nothing to advance women in society her cuts to child benefits which would affect mothers and criticism of mothers that work say the exact opposite. She may have been a woman but that does not mean she was good for women.

Saying Thatcher didn't advance women and break glass ceilings is saying that Obama didn't for black people.

Fuck no, it isn't.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post