RIP Margaret Thatcher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: RIP Margaret Thatcher
(08-04-2013 09:42 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 09:30 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Saying Thatcher didn't advance women and break glass ceilings is saying that Obama didn't for black people.

Fuck no, it isn't.

Oh, yes, it is!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
She wasn't the first female leader in the world, she wasn't some kind of pioneer. She was a supporter of apartheid (half the people affected were women) She wasn't a champion of women's rights. She did nothing to help women, she is despised by both women and men here, She was nothing but a blight on this country. And that is her legacy, a cancer that's greatest contribution to humanity was to die.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
08-04-2013, 09:45 AM
(08-04-2013 09:44 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  She wasn't the first female leader in the world, she wasn't some kind of pioneer. She was a supporter of apartheid (half the people affected were women) She wasn't a champion of women's rights. She did nothing to help women, she is despised by both women and men here, She was nothing but a blight on this country. And that is her legacy, a cancer that's greatest contribution to humanity was to die.

She went into an all male business and stood up to everything. perhaps she would not have been so hard if she hadn't been engaged in constant combat just to exist in her role.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-04-2013, 09:45 AM
(08-04-2013 09:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 09:42 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Fuck no, it isn't.

Oh, yes, it is!

Show me where FSM said that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
08-04-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:01 AM by DLJ.)
[Image: stevebell11.jpg]

[Image: AVzHeqNl.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:07 AM by FSM_scot.)
(08-04-2013 09:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  She went into an all male business and stood up to everything. perhaps she would not have been so hard if she hadn't been engaged in constant combat just to exist in her role.

And that makes her some kind of hero? Hell no. Take off the "oh she was a woman in a mans world " glasses and look at what she did to this country, how she ground people into the ground, sold off our assets, made our economy financial based (part of the cause of the double dip recession the uk is still suffering through),communities were torn apart, benefits Cut to the point people had a hard time feeding their families, made thousands unemployed, privatised public services, covered up a massacre in Ireland, covered up the death of fans at a football game, Supported apartheid labelling the anti apartheid movement "terrorists". Supporter of Pinochet, The Poll tax unfairly trialled on the scots in an attempt at revenge for her receiving no seats from my country.
There is so much more.

She was not a champion of women or women's rights, she was an evil person who beat this country into submission making life worse for men, women and children, she was one of the worst rulers in my countries history, over 2 decade on and the country still hasn't recovered from the damage she inflicted. The last time that happened it involved the Luftwaffe.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
When I heard I was like "meh!"

For me looking at things in my "third person view" the way I like to I suppose if people are going to celebrate her death then you also have to celebrate the deaths of all of the MPs that supported her actions under the illusion we call "democracy" as like her... they all contributed to what she did.

In celebrating her death you may as well celebrate the deaths of all prime ministers who all just cogs in this unfair and broken system that we all live under called "capitalism". A system that is fraudulent and corrupt where money... that is basicly faith based numerals in a system supported in growth by debt... makes this world go around and is much more important than the environment or peoples lifes.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
(08-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  ...
made thousands unemployed

[Image: 39781]

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
(08-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  And that makes her some kind of hero? Hell no. Take off the "oh she was a woman in a mans world " glasses and look at what she did to this country, how she ground people into the ground, sold off our assets, made our economy financial based (part of the cause of the double dip recession the uk is still suffering through),communities were torn apart, benefits Cut to the point people had a hard time feeding their families, made thousands unemployed, privatised public services, covered up a massacre in Ireland, covered up the death of fans at a football game, Supported apartheid labelling the anti apartheid movement "terrorists". Supporter of Pinochet, The Poll tax unfairly trialled on the scots in an attempt at revenge for her receiving no seats from my country.
There is so much more.

She was not a champion of women or women's rights, she was an evil person who beat this country into submission making life worse for men, women and children, she was one of the worst rulers in my countries history, over 2 decade on and the country still hasn't recovered from the damage she inflicted. The last time that happened it involved the Luftwaffe.

Not that I'm overly up on 80's politics but from what I can gather she saved the country from economic ruin.

That could be considered positive.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-04-2013, 11:00 AM
(08-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 09:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  She went into an all male business and stood up to everything. perhaps she would not have been so hard if she hadn't been engaged in constant combat just to exist in her role.

And that makes her some kind of hero? Hell no. Take off the "oh she was a woman in a mans world " glasses and look at what she did to this country, how she ground people into the ground, sold off our assets, made our economy financial based (part of the cause of the double dip recession the uk is still suffering through),communities were torn apart, benefits Cut to the point people had a hard time feeding their families, made thousands unemployed, privatised public services, covered up a massacre in Ireland, covered up the death of fans at a football game, Supported apartheid labelling the anti apartheid movement "terrorists". Supporter of Pinochet, The Poll tax unfairly trialled on the scots in an attempt at revenge for her receiving no seats from my country.
There is so much more.

If you read my original post, you will see that I am not debating that at all.