RIP Neil Armstrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: RIP Neil Armsrong
(25-08-2012 03:44 PM)kim Wrote:  There was no nationalism about Neil Armstrong, he was an Astronaut. He was a human being who became a pioneer. This has nothing to do with the US or the UK or any nation... what he did effected the entire planet... the entire of human history and human kind.

He was an astronaut. AMEIRICAN! Not a cosmonot, you commie!
again, jk

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I know you were kidding, but as Kim said, it was a species event not a national event. Man was on the moon. Who cared what his country was?

Besides, those who chose the path of small-mindedness to claim that it was America (and not the world) should have kept in mind the importance of post-war Germany in providing Nasa with their rocket technology.

You could also see it as a victory (against the USSR) in the Cold War.

Again, fuck all of that. This was a human thing.

Humans +1. Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Red Celt's post
25-08-2012, 04:21 PM
(25-08-2012 04:05 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Humans +1. Cool
Humans + 1 -yep- That is what the Moon shots were about. Your signature, Red Celt, is what the Moon shots were about. Thumbsup

Now godfuckingdamnit ... someone go to my fucking write up of Neil Armstrong.

Fucking science ignoring Atheists. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-08-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: RIP Neil Armstrong
Personally I am honouring the fact the one human has begun the journey, with his feet, of something many of us have grown to love- space exploration. As his personal journey is over, I am reflecting on this.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
25-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I can't say I am saddened... he lived a life worth living.

Also, it means that we don't have to hear about bloody cycling for a while.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-08-2012, 06:09 PM
(25-08-2012 05:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Personally I am honouring the fact the one human has begun the journey, with his feet, of something many of us have grown to love- space exploration. As his personal journey is over, I am reflecting on this.

I gotta say - what those guys did - that took some doing. The thing is, once they got up there... no one was really sure they would be able to make it back!!

I'm not really sure that people remember that the entire planet was in front of their television sets for this event. I know people think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

These guys were walking around on the Moon. That just blows my mind. They couldn't have made it there without Neil... he was a hell of a pilot. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Neil's life is one that should be celebrated. *salutes*

That man will never be forgotten.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
25-08-2012, 07:03 PM
[Image: 65_years.png]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-08-2012, 07:42 PM
(25-08-2012 04:05 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  I know you were kidding, but as Kim said, it was a species event not a national event. Man was on the moon. Who cared what his country was?

Besides, those who chose the path of small-mindedness to claim that it was America (and not the world) should have kept in mind the importance of post-war Germany in providing Nasa with their rocket technology.

You could also see it as a victory (against the USSR) in the Cold War.

Again, fuck all of that. This was a human thing.

Humans +1. Cool

(25-08-2012 04:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-08-2012 04:05 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Humans +1. Cool
Humans + 1 -yep- That is what the Moon shots were about. Your signature, Red Celt, is what the Moon shots were about. Thumbsup

Now godfuckingdamnit ... someone go to my fucking write up of Neil Armstrong.

Fucking science ignoring Atheists. Dodgy

If you've ever seen my comments in the political section, you'd know I firmly believe that nationalities are generally useless, ineffective, and damaging liabilities to humanity's progress. Drinking Beverage

I completely agree that it was a human victory, and that our full potential is restrained by these useless borders and petty differences.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
26-08-2012, 05:35 AM
That piece of news basically ruined my entire day Sad He was one of my childhood heroes. It was quite devastating to me when I first heard of it. RIP Armstrong, and thank you for inspiring a new generation of explorers.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post