Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?!
(03-09-2013 06:21 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 10:18 AM)joben1 Wrote:  Why is it so prevalent in the US (apart from the "well everyone does it" explanation, it must have started for a reason)? As far as I know it has never been normal practice here in the UK. I only know of one person personally who is circumsized, and it was done for health reasons.

"Dr. John Harvey Kellogg recommended circumcision of boys caught masturbating, writing: "A remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering anaesthetic, as the pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision_controversies

(01-09-2013 11:07 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummm. Well. I have no way to relate to this , being female and all that, but doesn't cutting the foreskin off make for less sensation? Not just on the man's part but maybe on the woman's end of thing? A little more friction?? My husband is circumcised and every sexual experience before marriage was with circumcised men so I don't have any other experience.

Curious what other women think and.....um.....feel.

According to Penn and Teller, the foreskin, when pulled back, is ribbed, like those "ribbed for her pleasure" condoms. Some women say that feels much better. I'm not one so I can't say for sure.

Gee, that's not barbaric. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
(03-09-2013 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Gee, that's not barbaric. Dodgy

Oh, Kellog was insane, all right. But can you argue with results? It's not like any circumcised man has ever masturbated. Right?

Rolleyes

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM
(03-09-2013 06:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, Kellog was insane, all right. But can you argue with results? It's not like any circumcised man has ever masturbated. Right?

Rolleyes

Personally i think my addiction to it is BECAUSE I was cut.Undecided
03-09-2013, 07:31 PM
(03-09-2013 06:57 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Personally i think my addiction to it is BECAUSE I was cut.Undecided

Well; as I mentioned upthread, you can hardly run a controlled test on yourself...

I guess an uncircumcised man could, but I don't think you'll have too many takers on that.

... this is my signature!