Races

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 05:26 AM
RE: Races
We need more people like Lawrence Krauss - check this out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHP3UCYoeYU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ozroller's post
24-06-2015, 05:30 AM
(24-06-2015 05:15 AM)Ozroller Wrote:  As an Australian I'm embarrassed by his dangerous influence and would like to do what I can to refute his ideas. We can't just ignore people like him, we have to discredit them. Hence my original question.

The thing is that I also believe in freedom of speech and ideas. Like it or not, Ham must be allowed to express his views - just as we are. All we can do is to educate people and allow them to make their own choice.

What I don't agree with though is that Ham and his ass holes are allowed to teach their creationist shit in schools along side science because science it is not. It is based on a piece of shit called the babble which is definitely not scientific.

If Ham wants to spread his creationist shit - that's fine. But do it in church - NOT in schools.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
24-06-2015, 05:31 AM
Many thanks 7ROMM3L! That's why I joined this Forum. I appreciate your correction of my miscommunication. I'll continue my research now.
24-06-2015, 05:34 AM
(24-06-2015 05:26 AM)Ozroller Wrote:  We need more people like Lawrence Krauss - check this out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHP3UCYoeYU
We do. We had Hitchens (bless) and we still have Dawkins.

AND WE HAVE YOU AND ME.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
24-06-2015, 05:35 AM
(24-06-2015 04:55 AM)Ozroller Wrote:  I agree, but you clearly don't understand my question. I'm looking at ways of of discrediting Ken Ham and his crazy ideas and this question seems to me, to point to a hole in his hypothesis.

He really doesn't have a hypothesis....

definition ---

noun
noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

He's got an old book. Nothing else. No evidence. That's not a hypothesis - it's a bedtime story - and not a particularly nice one.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Remember, all Ham has to do is invoke magic/god to explain any difficulties away. This is, of course, silly and Ham is a silly person not taken seriously by people with intellectual integrity.

As an aside, Ham believes in the Noahtic flood, he tries to get over the problem of fitting all of the animals on the boat by asserting that "kinds" are a thing.

So Noah just had to put about 17,000 "kinds" on his boat and every single species disembarked from his boat and overcame their population bottleneck and not only populated their species, but managed to hyper evolve several hundred species from each "kind" and those several hundred species each populated their species and had no problem with population bottlenecks as we now have a world with several million species with significant population numbers in each of these species -and all within a 4300 year time-frame!

Sounds legit. FacepalmFacepalm

Of course you can take some solace that Ham decided he can come to America and create his fantasy Noah theme park and bilk the ignorant masses to make money off of them.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Hitchens was a great loss, but as you say; we still have Dawkins, and we also have Sam Harris and others, plus it appears we have a Forum such as this! Thanks you all for your response to my inaugural Forum session, I look forward to my next one.
[+] 1 user Likes Ozroller's post
24-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks 7ROMM3L
24-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Wasn't "the curse of Ham" used to explain black skin color as well as why it was OK to enslave them?

Genesis 9
(20) And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
(21) And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
(22) And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
(23) And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid [it] upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces [were] backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
(24) And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
(25) And he said, Cursed [be] Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Apart from it not being explicit about what Ham did wrong or why Noah cursed Ham's son for whatever his father did, it's kind of amusing that we are today suffering "the curse of Ken Ham". Maybe it was prophetic after all!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
24-06-2015, 08:13 AM
(24-06-2015 05:44 AM)Ozroller Wrote:  Hitchens was a great loss, but as you say; we still have Dawkins, and we also have Sam Harris and others, plus it appears we have a Forum such as this! Thanks you all for your response to my inaugural Forum session, I look forward to my next one.

This ain't finished yet!!

The creationist - evolution argument has been a rockin' and a rollin' for some time now and the christians are still trying to get creationism taught in schools. Basically, christians think that the world is 6,000 years old and the intelligent ones on this planet know that it's not. Still the christians persist - dumb assholes. I guess christians wanna believe what they wanna believe and they ain't for lettin' facts get in the way. I'm not sure that there's anything to be gained on that front any more. Scientists have presented christians with scientific proof and christians continue to ignore it and believe in the babble. What more can any one do?

Enter Dr Richard Carrier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U

He puts forward a rather compelling case that jesus never had an Earthly existence and the only "existence" that he ever had was as a god of a previous belief system in the heavens. As a result, Carrier has now become the elephant in the room. I have spoken to quite a few christians and none have heard of Carrier and it sounds as though they don't even want to. So much for the open mindedness of christians.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post