Racism In Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Racism In Skyrim
(04-09-2013 08:51 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:37 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Skyrim on console in a nutshell. And soon to be ESO on console aswell.

Yeah Bethesda doesn't have the best track record for bugs...Which as a developer I totally understand because their games are all way too ambitious and complex which = bugs.

ESO is going to be Zenimax on Bethesda's engine and now they have another 6 months to squish bugs while they port to console + they will have a steady stream of maintenance funds from subscriptions so I think it will be okay.

My beef with Skyrim on console is loading screens... Too many and too slow, but thats a hardware limitation....Which is why I just built a machine (well half built, it runs but I have some cleanup to do) that boots windows faster than I can put in my password. Throw ESO/Skyrim on the solid state and no more staring at a rotating broom for 5 mins waiting to enter the shop.

Bethesda's engines always work like shit on consoles. The PS3 is the worst when it comes to slow loading and lag. Ever tried Oblivion or Fallout: NV on PS3? It's a nightmare. It lags for every 5 steps you take since it can't process the new objects in the distance fast enough. That means the game chops every 2 seconds. It will make your eyes hurt and make you sick... And it will PISS YOU OFF.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 09:05 AM
(04-09-2013 09:01 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:51 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yeah Bethesda doesn't have the best track record for bugs...Which as a developer I totally understand because their games are all way too ambitious and complex which = bugs.

ESO is going to be Zenimax on Bethesda's engine and now they have another 6 months to squish bugs while they port to console + they will have a steady stream of maintenance funds from subscriptions so I think it will be okay.

My beef with Skyrim on console is loading screens... Too many and too slow, but thats a hardware limitation....Which is why I just built a machine (well half built, it runs but I have some cleanup to do) that boots windows faster than I can put in my password. Throw ESO/Skyrim on the solid state and no more staring at a rotating broom for 5 mins waiting to enter the shop.

Bethesda's engines always work like shit on consoles. The PS3 is the worst when it comes to slow loading and lag. Ever tried Oblivion or Fallout: NV on PS3? It's a nightmare. It lags for every 5 steps you take since it can't process the new objects in the distance fast enough. That means the game chops every 2 seconds. It will make your eyes hurt and make you sick... And it will PISS YOU OFF.

For whatever reason Bethesda's engine does not play well on PS3. I always recommend PC for Bethesda it is a much better fit and the mod community is fantastic.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-09-2013, 09:12 AM
(04-09-2013 09:01 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:51 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yeah Bethesda doesn't have the best track record for bugs...Which as a developer I totally understand because their games are all way too ambitious and complex which = bugs.

I don't have a PS3, I played Skyrim/Oblivion on XBOX (actually never beat either of them cause Oblivion is stupid broken with it's leveling system, and Skyrim I'm just a completionist). On XBox it ran pretty good (aside from the excruciating load times) but it did have a few nasty annoying crashes and the occasional jitter during combat (where the **** did that dragon go?!)

I played Fallout: NV on my iMac (Dual boot to windows) but it ran like crap on that machine...It would crash every time I went to the dam, so while I had the nastiest sniper ever and about a gozillion caps I could never beat the game...Probably going to install it on the new machine (just a shame that my HDD went on the mac so I can never get my save).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
(02-09-2013 12:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
Video Game Racism with Ferdinand and Hughsie!

Altmer (High Elves): +50 Magicka; Regenerate magicka 25x faster for 60 seconds, once per day; +10 Illusion, +5 Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting, Restoration,
Additional Spell: Fury

High Elves are probably one of the most useless races in Skyrim. Nobody even uses magic, and if you do, you are a pussy.

Argonian: Resist Disease 50%, Waterbreathing, Higher unarmed damage, Recover health 10x faster for 60 seconds, once per day; +10 Lockpicking
+5 Alteration, Light Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration, Sneak

Nobody cares about disease, because disease hardly does any damage- and if you die by disease, you're a pussy, and you shouldn't be playing this game. Nobody cares about water breathing- it is literally the most pointless fucking thing imaginable. There are only two quests in the entire game that you must go under water to find some shit, and you literally aren't even under water for that long. And even if you are, it's not a big fucking deal to resurface for one second, and go back under. Water breathing is not a crucial trait, and will not help you at all in Skyrim. Argonion's look stupid as hell, also. Who wants to look like a fucking lizard? And unarmed damage? Are you serious? Why are you fighting naked anyways? I can understand if it's that one quest where you go to this ball in Solitude, but it's easy to snag some Elven armor if you haven't obtained your own. Also, nobody cares about regaining health 10x faster. This is why you stuff your inventory with mother fucking cheese wheels.

Bosmer (Wood Elves): Resist Poison 50%, Resist Disease 50%; Make an animal an ally for 60 seconds, once per day; +10 Archery, +5 Alchemy, Light Armor, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Sneak

50% poison resistance can actually come in handy because poison is literally one of the most annoying pieces of shit in Skyim. Also, you can command animals to fight shit for you, even though you probably won't ever use that ability anyways.

Breton: Resist Magic 25%, Absorb 50% of the magicka from hostile spells or 60 seconds, once per day; +10 Conjuration, +5 Alchemy, Alteration, Illusion, Restoration, Speech, Additional Spell: Conjure Familiar

BOOOOORRRING. You're part elf part nord? Who gives a fuck. You can absorb magic? Fucking AWESOME. YOU'VE ABSORBED ALL THAT MAGIC BUT YOUR MAGIC'S ALREADY FULL BECAUSE YOU DON'T USE MAGIC ANYWAYS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A PUSSY.

Dunmer (Dark Elves): Resist Fire 50%, Opponents getting too close take 8 points of fire damage per second for 60 seconds, once per day; +10 Destruction
+5 Alchemy, Alteration, Illusion, Light Armor, Sneak, Additional Spell: Sparks

Obviously, let's put some racism in Skyrim, and we'll direct it at the BLACK ELVES. Why couldn't we have directed racism at like... a race that isn't black? Bethesda, wtf were you thinking like what even.

Imperial: Imperials always find more gold. Calms nearby people for 60 seconds, once per day. +10 Restoration, +5 Block, Destruction, Enchanting, Heavy Armor, One-handed.

OH HEY. I FIND LOTS OF FUCKING GOLD AND I MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY WHEN I WALK BY THEM. WOOP-DEE-FUCKIN-DOO.

They're excellent at smithing though.

Khajiit: Claws do 12 damage. Improved night vision for 60 seconds, can be used multiple times a day. +10 Sneak, +5 Alchemy, Archery, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, One-handed

Oh, hey, MY CLAWS DO 12 DAMAGE I AM SUCH A BADASS. No, shut up. Ain't nobody gonna be using night vision either. The only person who ever picked a Khajiit was Tartarus and that's because he wanted to be cute... and a dumb shit.

Nord: Resist Frost 50%, Targets flee for 30 seconds, once per day. +10 Two-handed, +5 Block, Light Armor, One-handed, Smithing, Speech

Oooh, you're 50% resistant to cold. Oooh, your battle cry makes villains flee from you. No, you just have a lot of thigh fat that keeps you warm, and you have an ugly voice.

Orc (Orsimer): Abilities: NONE. You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds, once per day. +10 Heavy Armor, +5 Block, Enchanting, One-handed, Smithing, Two-handed Additional status: Blood-Kin

They're fuck ugly. Oh, and you can trade with other Orcs in strongholds, but nobody gives a fuck.

Redguard: Resist Poison 50%, Stamina regenerates 10x faster for 60 seconds, once per day. +10 One-handed, +5 Alteration, Archery, Block, Destruction, Smithing

They're not bad, but I don't think Bethesda realized how notably racist they were being when they gave Redguards the traits they gave them...

Yabut. They got races. Dodgy

I got it on hard drive, on the Xbox. Loading screens suck. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
(04-09-2013 09:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 09:01 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Bethesda's engines always work like shit on consoles. The PS3 is the worst when it comes to slow loading and lag. Ever tried Oblivion or Fallout: NV on PS3? It's a nightmare. It lags for every 5 steps you take since it can't process the new objects in the distance fast enough. That means the game chops every 2 seconds. It will make your eyes hurt and make you sick... And it will PISS YOU OFF.

For whatever reason Bethesda's engine does not play well on PS3. I always recommend PC for Bethesda it is a much better fit and the mod community is fantastic.

Man, I love that STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM mod for the Unrelenting Force shout.

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
04-09-2013, 03:56 PM
What annoyed me is that if you chose to go against the Dark Brotherhood, it was completely NOT worth it, and the line to it was very short. I wish they would've done more with letting you choose which paths you wanted to go, and lengthened those story lines as well. Going against DB < just as long as the original quest line. And also having the option to go opposite ways of The Blades or Thieves Guild. Whenever your first walk into Riften, an NPC mentions how she would like to take down the Thieves guild. I play on console, so I obviously don't have access to the extended mods and DLC's other players create.

The fact that the Thieves Guild was filled with complete douche bags was why I liked them so much compared to the Dark Brother. But fuck Mercer and Mayven Black-Briar.

Loading screens on console make me want to die sometimes, but overall they're not that bad. I've run into a couple occasions where a loading screen has freezed on me when exiting or entering a building, or fast traveling-- and when you haven't saved, that's enough to put anyone in a bad mood. I've played through Skyrim completely about three times, and each time I've found the solution to a past glitch (or simply didn't confront it at all) or I run into new glitches. But the glitches I've come across so far have all been documented on the site.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
04-09-2013, 04:00 PM
(04-09-2013 03:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  What annoyed me is that if you chose to go against the Dark Brotherhood, it was completely NOT worth it, and the line to it was very short. I wish they would've done more with letting you choose which paths you wanted to go, and lengthened those story lines as well. Going against DB < just as long as the original quest line. And also having the option to go opposite ways of The Blades or Thieves Guild. Whenever your first walk into Riften, an NPC mentions how she would like to take down the Thieves guild. I play on console, so I obviously don't have access to the extended mods and DLC's other players create.

Seriously, did you just write down everything I said about Skyrim on Skype the other night? Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
(04-09-2013 03:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  fuck Mayven Black-Briar.

On PC I can premanently kill her via console command.
[Image: Richest02.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
(04-09-2013 04:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 03:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  What annoyed me is that if you chose to go against the Dark Brotherhood, it was completely NOT worth it, and the line to it was very short. I wish they would've done more with letting you choose which paths you wanted to go, and lengthened those story lines as well. Going against DB < just as long as the original quest line. And also having the option to go opposite ways of The Blades or Thieves Guild. Whenever your first walk into Riften, an NPC mentions how she would like to take down the Thieves guild. I play on console, so I obviously don't have access to the extended mods and DLC's other players create.

Seriously, did you just write down everything I said about Skyrim on Skype the other night? Big Grin

Close. I enjoyed your phrasing. Big Grin

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
(04-09-2013 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Close. I enjoyed your phrasing. Big Grin

I'll take that as a compliment. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Skyrim mods The Germans are coming 4 204 28-01-2014 02:26 PM
Last Post: DeepThought
  F*%# Skyrim the glitchiest POS on console Ferdinand 9 281 25-01-2014 01:27 PM
Last Post: Logisch
  Dishonored vs Skyrim and Oblivion Adenosis 82 2,841 25-12-2013 08:52 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Who should I marry in Skyrim? Hughsie 55 3,529 17-10-2013 03:43 PM
Last Post: Hughsie