And

Giant faceplant
[Image: 2996b3a83f38e18690fa0c5f841d5cce.png]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: Racism In Skyrim
Fun Fact of the Day: An Arrow to the knee is an old Viking slang for proposing marriage ie: Going down on one knee to propose

So the Guard that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee" Was actually saying "I used to do all that dangerous fun stuff til I got hitched"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-09-2013, 12:35 PM
(07-09-2013 12:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fun Fact of the Day: An Arrow to the knee is an old Viking slang for proposing marriage ie: Going down on one knee to propose

So the Guard that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee" Was actually saying "I used to do all that dangerous fun stuff til I got hitched"

Oh my god is this true? I love this. It makes more sense. Smile
07-09-2013, 12:39 PM
(07-09-2013 12:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So the Guard that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee" Was actually saying "I used to do all that dangerous fun stuff til I got hitched"

Wrong, not enough NPC's.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
(07-09-2013 12:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fun Fact of the Day: An Arrow to the knee is an old Viking slang for proposing marriage ie: Going down on one knee to propose

I dunno if it's true or not, but it sounds plausible enough to be true. Then again, maybe he just got shot in the goddamn knee with an arrow. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM

This is why I love Dwemer ruins, they make me feel like an archaeologist. An archaeologist that has to battle deadly robots made by the most dominant people in Skyrim who vanished over night, and I have to sneak past and kill the pityful remains of once great elven race.

08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
(08-09-2013 10:34 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

This is why I love Dwemer ruins, they make me feel like an archaeologist. An archaeologist that has to battle deadly robots made by the most dominant people in Skyrim who vanished over night, and I have to sneak past and kill the pityful remains of once great elven race.

Dwemer ruins freak me out simply because they're the easiest to get lost in.

I also hate the Falmer. They fucking suck.
08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Besides being annoyed by Dwemer ruins, what saddens me is the result of the Falmer. The snows elves were prosperous, the Nords drove them out, and to survive, they had to agree to slavery; they even agreed to ingest toxins that would blind them, and gradually twist and deform their race.
08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
(08-09-2013 10:56 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Besides being annoyed by Dwemer ruins, what saddens me is the result of the Falmer. The snows elves were prosperous, the Nords drove them out, and to survive, they had to agree to slavery; they even agreed to ingest toxins that would blind them, and gradually twist and deform their race.

Well, not all them are gone. If you play Dawnguard you witness two suriviors. But that's all. Can't be much else than a few dozen left in Tamriel in total.

08-09-2013, 11:20 AM
(08-09-2013 11:16 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 10:56 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Besides being annoyed by Dwemer ruins, what saddens me is the result of the Falmer. The snows elves were prosperous, the Nords drove them out, and to survive, they had to agree to slavery; they even agreed to ingest toxins that would blind them, and gradually twist and deform their race.

Well, not all them are gone. If you play Dawnguard you witness two suriviors. But that's all. Can't be much else than a few dozen left in Tamriel in total.

Yeah, Gelebor and his brother. It's hinted that there are possibly other survivors scattered about Tamriel. I wonder if Bethesda will ever dig more into those survivors, along with the Dwemer. I definitely wouldn't rule it out. In past games they disregarded the return of dragons, but they made it happen if Skyrim. Even a Dwemer prequel would be kind of cool.

Bethesda literally isn't going to stop making TES, so they have a large enough slate and enough time to practically go with anything they wanted to.