Racism In Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: Racism In Skyrim
(07-09-2013 12:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fun Fact of the Day: An Arrow to the knee is an old Viking slang for proposing marriage ie: Going down on one knee to propose

So the Guard that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee" Was actually saying "I used to do all that dangerous fun stuff til I got hitched"
Disproven six months after release according to a friend of mine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 05:01 AM
(10-09-2013 11:19 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 12:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fun Fact of the Day: An Arrow to the knee is an old Viking slang for proposing marriage ie: Going down on one knee to propose

So the Guard that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee" Was actually saying "I used to do all that dangerous fun stuff til I got hitched"
Disproven six months after release according to a friend of mine.

No, it was even admitted by Bethesda that the saying is Nordic slang; as if he'd gotten shot in the knee with an arrow, he went down on one knee to propose. Shy
11-09-2013, 05:25 AM
(11-09-2013 05:01 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 11:19 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Disproven six months after release according to a friend of mine.

No, it was even admitted by Bethesda that the saying is Nordic slang; as if he'd gotten shot in the knee with an arrow, he went down on one knee to propose. Shy

Where did Bethesda say that? I'm googling around but all I see are posts either supporting it or posts saying it is not true?
11-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Looks like we need a fun-fact-checker, and that be me. Basically, I found nothing to support the claim that it as a Scandinavian saying, proverb, etc. I'm not the only one to perform this research. Link here > http://sfwflot.tumblr.com/post/498463397...tribute-to. It seems that if any deeper meaning was behind the arrow to the knee phrase it is an acknowledgement to the fact that they simplified the armor system for Skyrim, which affected the customability of lower body armor. I personally think the phrase has no deeper meaning.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There is just no evidence to support the assertion.

11-09-2013, 08:44 PM
(11-09-2013 08:32 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Looks like we need a fun-fact-checker, and that be me. Basically, I found nothing to support the claim that it as a Scandinavian saying, proverb, etc. I'm not the only one to perform this research. Link here > http://sfwflot.tumblr.com/post/498463397...tribute-to. It seems that if any deeper meaning was behind the arrow to the knee phrase it is an acknowledgement to the fact that they simplified the armor system for Skyrim, which affected the customability of lower body armor. I personally think the phrase has no deeper meaning.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There is just no evidence to support the assertion.

Really? I swore there was an interview with a creator somewhere on IGN or gamefaqs.
11-09-2013, 11:10 PM
There was a ezine publisher that claimed it, but it didn't come from a game maker.

12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Of the billion and one unique things about Skyrim are we really going in depth to discuss the potential meaning of one throwaway line that doesn't even matter anyway?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-09-2013, 05:10 AM
(12-09-2013 07:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Of the billion and one unique things about Skyrim are we really going in depth to discuss the potential meaning of one throwaway line that doesn't even matter anyway?

Yes, shut up. Shy
13-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Classic videos

"I've been in the dangerzone east of the pacific ocean, west of London England, south of Mars, and north of Hell!"
RIP Macho Man

[Image: 9f6.gif]
21-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't know if this is like the official skyrim thread but w/e it is now.

[cool story bro]Started a new character the day before last. My main character is on my PC, he's max level and got a lot of things maxed like smithing, 1h weapons, heavy armor, enchanting etc... pretty much everything except the thief skills and mage skills, though I've been training up destruction.
But anyway, because I mostly use my laptop now I installed Skyrim on my laptop and so I have started a new character.
It's an orc duel wielding (my main is nord/1h/shield and my main character on my laptop is elf/archer), because berserk is fucking incredible, using swords for speed and crit.
BUT I have a problem that I'm lvl12, mostly all from ranking up 1h weapons, and so all the enemies are the lvl12 variations BUT I'm using light armor (because it's light and both light and heavy can reach the armor cap anyway) which is a thief skill (and I'm using warrior rune stone blessing thing) and so it's rank is really low, like lvl30 if that. So now I'm up against all these somewhat powerful creatures, still in light leather armor and I'm getting absolutely destroyed. I mean I'm destroying too because my damage is fucking ridiculous right now, but still. It's very much a glass cannon situation. [/cool story bro]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.