Racism against white people.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 08:29 AM
RE: Racism against white people.
(06-10-2015 08:26 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 08:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  With a disproportionate number of minorities still living in the lowest income brackets and poverty line (the groups that in any country have the highest concentration of criminals), it would be expected that the stats would be skewed racially. That does not make the increased rate of black people killing white people racism. It means that we still have a racially divided system where the factors driving criminal behavior are disproportionately weighted towards minorities.

Indeed; everyone agrees that poverty drives crime. What lasting affect generations of institutionalised prejudice might have on the relative socioeconomic status of different populations can be left as an exercise to the reader.

Notwithstanding that even if all else were equal one would always expect more minority-on-majority crime than vice-versa. Because that's elementary statistics.

And when you have an entire group of people who's history is such that they couldn't maintain good jobs in post-slavery America (they'd literally be run out of town) and couldn't get housing loans (a system blatantly rigged against them), you have a system that is destined to maintain the long term trend of blacks on the low end of the socioeconomic ladder.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
06-10-2015, 08:30 AM
(06-10-2015 08:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 08:23 AM)cjlr Wrote:  There's a line of thought that defines racism as only that bias which is accompanied by power. A great way to reduce the word to useless, if you ask me, and particularly stupid because the root of the idea is fairly obvious already: the prejudices of the disenfranchised don't matter in nearly the same way.

The idea that only overt racism is racism. That concept ignores the institutionalized racism that has plagued a lot of western cultures throughout modern history (and certainly the US, where it has never been institutionalized against white people).

And, indeed, ignoring overt discrimination historically practiced against other "white" groups.
(the stupid cop-out is to then equate "whiteness" with power, at which point all the words become meaningless)

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
06-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Who says such things? I would also think if a person felt this was a strike, they may be actually too narrowly focused onto a region or area such as the U.S. or something to think they could make the claim. Opposed to a scope of other regions interactions

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-10-2015, 02:14 PM
(06-10-2015 07:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Sure, it is possible because all racism means is to be prejudiced against a group because of their ethnicity (some ethnic "white" groups have been racially discriminated against in the US. Like the Irish)

But is it pervasive, systemic, and a problem for white people in general in the US? No. Is it anywhere near the level of racism against minority groups? No. Does it have a pervasive history in the US that has perpetuated racial inequality into the present day? No.

My opinion of being racist is to hate all of an entire ethnicity as a whole. Yet the media seems to think if you want a black criminal punished the same as a white guy would be, you are racist. All the programs to help with getting a job after prison are aimed at so called minorities. They also spend less time in prison, because they won't be charged with hate crimes. I get along great with most non-white individuals, but respect is given where deserved. If you are dressed like a gangster, I will run the other way.
14-10-2015, 02:43 PM
(06-10-2015 08:11 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Hmmm. Was just looking at the stats on white on black crime vs. black on white crime because someone posted on Facebook that white people are more likely to be assaulted, murdered or raped by blacks than blacks are by whites. Considering they're only 13% of the population that's a huge disparity. The Facebook post I read was fairly accurate after looking at the stats. Can that be considered racism? How long must these crimes occur for it to be considered racism? You can see it with the police as well. White cop shoots a black guy, everyone calls racism. No such crying when black cop shoots lowlife white guy.

Are blacks more likely to commit crimes, or more likely to target whites than other ethnic groups when committing crimes?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
14-10-2015, 02:47 PM
(14-10-2015 02:14 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My opinion of being racist is to hate all of an entire ethnicity as a whole. Yet the media seems to think if you want a black criminal punished the same as a white guy would be, you are racist.

Uhm, I think folks just want black criminal punished the same as white criminals for the same crimes. Black criminals get harsher sentences that white criminals for similar crimes, not the other way around.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/weekin....html?_r=0

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
14-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Hey --- white people piss ME off.......

(then again)

Most every other group does, from time to time.

Except for some odd reason -- the Polynesians......

For some damned reason I just can't get mad at those people..................

And that's really starting to piss me off..................

WHew......

That's better............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Who the fuck thinks you can't be racist against white people?

That is literally one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard. This shit pisses me off. Just like "reverse racism".

No, you fucking moron. If I, as a white person, am discriminated against because of the color of my skin... it's racism... full stop.

"Reverse racism" makes it sound like I discriminated first, so the discrimination against me is just somehow justified. No, fuck you. If you discriminate against anyone solely based on the tone of their skin, you're a racist bigot.

This is seriously some next level idiocy. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Racism against white people.
(14-10-2015 02:14 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 07:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Sure, it is possible because all racism means is to be prejudiced against a group because of their ethnicity (some ethnic "white" groups have been racially discriminated against in the US. Like the Irish)

But is it pervasive, systemic, and a problem for white people in general in the US? No. Is it anywhere near the level of racism against minority groups? No. Does it have a pervasive history in the US that has perpetuated racial inequality into the present day? No.

My opinion of being racist is to hate all of an entire ethnicity as a whole. Yet the media seems to think if you want a black criminal punished the same as a white guy would be, you are racist. All the programs to help with getting a job after prison are aimed at so called minorities. They also spend less time in prison, because they won't be charged with hate crimes. I get along great with most non-white individuals, but respect is given where deserved. If you are dressed like a gangster, I will run the other way.

Your opinion of racism ignores definitions of racism. Including what would be implicit racism and explicit racism. Or acute racism and systemic racism.

As for the assertion that placement programs for convicts is racially divided, I call bullshit. Any actual evidence of that?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
14-10-2015, 03:09 PM

Back in the 60's, all over England, such posters were very common. The would be stuck on the windows of bedsits, rooms to let...etc. It was just accepted at the time.

[Image: HK9QYQB.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post