Racism is alive and well.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Racism is alive and well.
Saw this on the back of a bus. If it read "White Men for Trump", there would be a fucking riot. Maybe that is what white people need to start doing. Minorities have been doing it for a long time now. Now they can blame all violence on racism and it is not their fault.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: Racism is alive and well.
That group - Black Men For Bernie - is indeed racist, but not against white people. I made a thread about them a couple months ago where I posted this quote that came straight from their own website:

"We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
1) Stand up for your families;
2) Stop abandoning your children;
3) Stop making it rain;
4) Stop using the pulpit to abuse your position of power;
5) Stop asking for votes and not serving the best interest of the community;
6) Get registered to vote today, and get others to vote in support of Bernie Sanders, the only candidate who has a proven track record of fighting for your rights!
7) Get every woman in your life to vote for Bernie on your behalf;
8) If you can’t vote personally, get 10 new voters registered and pledge (GIVE US YOUR WORD) to personally take them to the polls to vote for you and Bernie;
9) Make a minimum contribution of $1.00 to Black Men For Bernie in order to help us get out the facts to our communities across America on-the-ground;
10) Participate in marches for equality and education in your city.

Thank You!"

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-07-2016, 10:12 AM
As a black man for bernie myself, I do have to say it is a weird advertiser.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-07-2016, 10:12 AM
(07-07-2016 10:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Saw this on the back of a bus. If it read "White Men for Trump", there would be a fucking riot. Maybe that is what white people need to start doing. Minorities have been doing it for a long time now. Now they can blame all violence on racism and it is not their fault.

40 years ago I worked driving a truck from one construction job to the next cleaning the portable toilets. One fine day our competitor put on the doors of all of his trucks "All Black Owned and operated." Presumably he thought it would gain business, my boss countered by putting "All white Owned and operated" on our trucks. The black owner sued our company and the judge a mere 90 days after the suit was filed ruled that both companies had to hire a person from the other "race" I went to work for the Black company and was with them for 3 years before starting my own business in a different field.
07-07-2016, 10:13 AM
(07-07-2016 10:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Maybe that is what white people need to start doing.

White people do not need to riot. What we need to do is sit down with black people and challenge them to do community in such a way as to guide them to be proud of themselves for accomplishing what white people say they cannot do.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
(07-07-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That group - Black Men For Bernie - is indeed racist, but not against white people. I made a thread about them a couple months ago where I posted this quote that came straight from their own website:

"We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
3) Stop making it rain
;
Thank You!"

What??? What am I missing here? Is "making it rain" some kind of code for something else, or is this just silliness? The other points at least made some sense.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-07-2016, 10:24 AM
(07-07-2016 10:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That group - Black Men For Bernie - is indeed racist, but not against white people. I made a thread about them a couple months ago where I posted this quote that came straight from their own website:

3) Stop making it rain
;
Thank You!"

What??? What am I missing here? Is "making it rain" some kind of code for something else, or is this just silliness? The other points at least made some sense.

[Image: stephen-colbert-make-it-rain-gif.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
07-07-2016, 10:24 AM
It is probably a ghetto term for yelling and screaming.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
07-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Uh... normally it's done with dollar bills. Now that I look at it I have no idea what Colbert is tossing into the air.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
07-07-2016, 10:29 AM
I have weird feeling that people would be fine with "white people for [democrat]." I could be wrong, though. I personally wouldn't have an issue. There may be some people who would. Lots of people would freak out if they saw "white people for [republican]," which is absurd because they would be assuming that every Republican is a racist.

To be honest, I do think that minorities who are centrists or right-leaning need support because MANY people (often people of the *same* race) will be disappointed in us for not being a Democrat. It's makes me sad when people are called "uncle tom," "oreo," "house nigger," or "not a real black person" or when someone is accused of "turning their back on their race" or "betraying their people" just because they're not a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

☆☆☆
[+] 4 users Like CosmicRaven's post