Racism is alive and well.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Racism is alive and well.
(07-07-2016 10:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I have weird feeling that people would be fine with "white people for [democrat]." I could be wrong, though. I personally wouldn't have an issue. There may be some people who would. Lots of people would freak out if they saw "white people for [republican]," which is absurd because they would be assuming that every Republican is a racist.

To be honest, I do think that minorities who are centrists or right-leaning need support because MANY people (often people of the *same* race) will be disappointed in us for not being a Democrat. It's makes me sad when people are called "uncle tom," "oreo," "house nigger," or "not a real black person" or when someone is accused of "turning their back on their race" or "betraying their people" just because they're not a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

HOw about that Tennesse politico who posted a sign saying "Make America White AGain." He got his in a hurry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
07-07-2016, 10:36 AM
(07-07-2016 10:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That group - Black Men For Bernie - is indeed racist, but not against white people. I made a thread about them a couple months ago where I posted this quote that came straight from their own website:

"We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
3) Stop making it rain
;
Thank You!"

What??? What am I missing here? Is "making it rain" some kind of code for something else, or is this just silliness? The other points at least made some sense.

From urban dictionary:

1. In strip clubs, it is when you throw stacks of money all over women (this is the "edited" definition)
2. When a man ejaculates all over a woman (this is the "explicit" definition)

I don't see either of these as being something that black men (and only black men) typically do -- especially not "in the 1800s" -- so I still don't get it.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-07-2016, 10:41 AM
(07-07-2016 10:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That group - Black Men For Bernie - is indeed racist, but not against white people. I made a thread about them a couple months ago where I posted this quote that came straight from their own website:

"We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
3) Stop making it rain
;
Thank You!"

What??? What am I missing here? Is "making it rain" some kind of code for something else, or is this just silliness? The other points at least made some sense.

Hmmm... I think I have an idea of what it could mean. I think they're saying to not fool around with money, to not go to strip clubs and use up lots of money on the strippers. Stuff like that. At least that's what I get from it.

☆☆☆
07-07-2016, 10:42 AM
(07-07-2016 10:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  someone is accused of "turning their back on their race" or "betraying their people" just because they're not a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

Seeing as democrats do nothing for blacks and do more damage than good, I am surprised we even say that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-07-2016, 10:44 AM
(07-07-2016 10:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I have weird feeling that people would be fine with "white people for [democrat]." I could be wrong, though. I personally wouldn't have an issue. There may be some people who would. Lots of people would freak out if they saw "white people for [republican]," which is absurd because they would be assuming that every Republican is a racist.

To be honest, I do think that minorities who are centrists or right-leaning need support because MANY people (often people of the *same* race) will be disappointed in us for not being a Democrat. It's makes me sad when people are called "uncle tom," "oreo," "house nigger," or "not a real black person" or when someone is accused of "turning their back on their race" or "betraying their people" just because they're not a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

"Partyism" is just as stupid as "Racism"

Assuming anyone is of any political party because of their color is as foolish as assuming political affiliation based on sex, gender identity or the kind of car you drive.

People "identify" with a political party out of the idea that they're going to "get what they want" by picking the party that most reflects their assumed "values"....

The funny part -- the political parties for the most part do everything possible to "de-clarify" their stance on every major political stance - as a way to allow more people to join........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-07-2016, 10:46 AM
(07-07-2016 10:42 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  someone is accused of "turning their back on their race" or "betraying their people" just because they're not a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

Seeing as democrats do nothing for blacks and do more damage than good, I am surprised we even say that.

That's a common perception -- but, in some areas (like Detroit for instance) -- it's perceived as being the other way around.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2016, 10:48 AM
(07-07-2016 10:13 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Maybe that is what white people need to start doing.

White people do not need to riot. What we need to do is sit down with black people and challenge them to do community in such a way as to guide them to be proud of themselves for accomplishing what white people say they cannot do.

Blacks are not the fucking problem, this is your presumption of guilt of minority communities. You need to challenge yourself to stop looking at skin color and understand CONDITIONS do affect minorities worse at a higher rate. You cant simple say "look, they don't value their own communities", nope, that is not the way it works. It takes the ENTIRE NATION to value all communities.

How the hell do you expect anyone to help themselves if the rest of society buries their heads in the sand. You want blacks to do better? GREAT, then stop blaming them and listen to them. They aren't going to listen if you keep falsely telling them it is all in their heads.

You need to listen. They know the script. You are ignoring the problem.

Whites need to be challenged to stop blaming and help, listen instead of judging, invest instead of falsely claiming they deserve it.

Now, let me warn you what your own ignorance will get you, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and as much as you think your good intent of "challenging" blacks, will work, it isn't, it will simply perpetuate the racism you say should not exist. Problem is long term, if the pay gap keeps exploding, it will not just be blacks affected the most right now, it will be a plutocracy in which there will be higher crime everywhere and more poverty among all races.

Now, YOU need to shut up stop blaming blacks, and LISTEN to them. THAT is the cure.

Blacks ARE hurt worse by the economy and are hurt worse by the justice system. THAT is not in their heads, so if you want to solve that, then stop the bullshit "they only have themselves to blame".

Not buying it. Racism IS to blame, not blacks hiding behind it, but white racism. Whites are the ones who need to listen. Blacks know this and so do many whites. Unfortunately a very small minority of bigots and even well intended trust fund whites don't see it.

Same stupid logic you get with religion. The right cries discrimination when they are the bullies, but then the left enables them by protecting their false victim claims.

Blaming blacks for everything is like blaming a rape victim for their own rape.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
07-07-2016, 10:50 AM
(07-07-2016 10:33 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  

HOw about that Tennesse politico who posted a sign saying "Make America White AGain." He got his in a hurry.

Yeah. That's true. I think that's different, though. The "Make America White Again" thing was pretty blatant. The reason why I said the Bernie thing wouldn't be as much of a deal is because Bernie Sanders is a Democratic candidate. Many see the Democrats as people who are trying to help minorities and the Republicans as people who are trying to hurt them. The "white people for Bernie Sanders" would just be seen as good people or non-racists or whatever. Like I said, though, I could be wrong. There could be people who would have a temper tantrum. I'm no authority on this kind of stuff so... I simply don't know.

☆☆☆
07-07-2016, 11:01 AM
The best way to stop racism, is not to ignore it. The best way to stop racism is to listen to the victims of it. But on top of that the best thing to stop racism, is to improve the living conditions of everyone, no matter where they live, urban, suburban or rural. But the common tactic of the rich, is to use social issues to divide on issues of race and class and party.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
07-07-2016, 12:08 PM
(07-07-2016 10:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:42 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Seeing as democrats do nothing for blacks and do more damage than good, I am surprised we even say that.

That's a common perception -- but, in some areas (like Detroit for instance) -- it's perceived as being the other way around.....

Well when you have a city run by democrats, they don't want the people to know the cities condition is their fault.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube