Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Racism on this forum
I've been questing the moderators about what needs to be done with people who use hate speech that is racism. They say it is free speech and will not ban anyone who uses it. I find this cowardice and reprehensible. If you can ban a spammer or someone who threatens anyone this is not a free speech site. You already set rules and guide lines to be on here. If you are a total racist and use that then you should have ramifications from your actions. I know we all get into a heated debate and say things we regret. A warning would be good and then if it continues out you go. I am sick of seeing people use words that are repulsive. I am Hispanic and am repulsed by the word spic. I cant see any reason for it on here. In the past I've been belittle and cursed at and have no problem handling it. I rather not have that happen but I can deal with it. BUT racism is in a whole new ball game. I consider that HATE speech and has no place on TTA. If you want to keep new and old people something must be done. I am really upset about this. If no one cares than this forum, This is not the place for me. This is one Hispanic who will wonder why. You cant run in a movie theater and scream FIRE. Free speech has it's price.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
I haven't seen any racism on here yet (granted I've only been here like two weeks) but I agree with you and will stand behind your decision to have this put into effect.

Yes for me.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 02:01 PM by bemore.)
Its one thread......

Hes not inciting violence... just giving his viewpoints.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
(08-09-2012 01:45 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  I haven't seen any racism on here yet (granted I've only been here like two weeks) but I agree with you and will stand behind your decision to have this put into effect.

Yes for me.

Thank You. I've put up with this from childhood. It is one of the things that really gets under my skin.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
(08-09-2012 01:57 PM)bemore Wrote:  Its one thread...... your the one making the big issue out of it by creating this thread.

Hes not inciting violence.... just giving his viewpoints.

No it is NOT!

08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
(08-09-2012 01:58 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 01:57 PM)bemore Wrote:  Its one thread...... your the one making the big issue out of it by creating this thread.

Hes not inciting violence.... just giving his viewpoints.

No it is NOT!

Ive not seen any other threads where people are spouting hate at particular races of people.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I've only seen this in the Hitler thread....is this on other threads and I've just never noticed it?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
(08-09-2012 02:02 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 01:58 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  No it is NOT!

Ive not seen any other threads where people are spouting hate at particular races of people.
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it is not there. Have you read every thread??? You would be surprised. Maybe you should look a little closer.

08-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd agree with the moderators, free speech is a valuable gift. Of course, freedom of speech always has some kind of limitation, but as long as the 'price' is merely a restriction to spamming, which is usually just copying and pasting random stuff anyway, and sending violence/death threats, I'm fine with it.

I'm a hundred percent against censoring controversial/offensive posts. If you don't like to see them, you can use the ignore button or just learn to ignore them on your own.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
(08-09-2012 02:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'd agree with the moderators, free speech is a valuable gift. Of course, freedom of speech always has some kind of limitation, but as long as the 'price' is merely a restriction to spamming, which is usually just copying and pasting random stuff anyway, and sending violence/death threats, I'm fine with it.

I'm a hundred percent against censoring controversial/offensive posts.

I'm with Vosur, don't get me wrong when people call me a Nazi because I'm Swiss it hurts my feelings but I'd rather have free speech than this to turn into some kind of BS Christian forum.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RFC: Forum Dating DLJ 21 313 13-07-2014 09:44 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Forum statistics Lightvader 13 206 08-07-2014 12:18 AM
Last Post: Lightvader
  CloudFlare & Forum Stability DeepThought 30 290 04-07-2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: pablo628
  Forum terminology questions beeglez 12 243 01-05-2014 05:52 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  What do we now have on the forum? Hughsie 3 107 30-04-2014 07:06 PM
Last Post: An_Theist
  Trolls and Forum Quality Dark Phoenix 282 3,560 15-03-2014 08:36 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  But there ain't no math forum. :P cheapthrillseaker 27 608 17-01-2014 10:28 PM
Last Post: Dark Light