Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
Not trying to be a leader. I'm voicing my opinion. I get to be a member here too, not just the admin. when I am speaking as the admin, I am pretty good at making that clear.

Besides, my opinion is that there will be a few people that decide to leave. That's because this forum is not what some people really want in a forum. Perhaps being bold enough to say so is precisely the kind of leadership this forum needs.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey I have an idea! If you don't like something then don't participate. That's how adults handle things like that.

Children pitch a fit an make demands.

Don't like it? So?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
(10-09-2012 01:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not trying to be a leader. I'm voicing my opinion. I get to be a member here too, not just the admin. when I am speaking as the admin, I am pretty good at making that clear.

Besides, my opinion is that there will be a few people that decide to leave. That's because this forum is not what some people really want in a forum. Perhaps being bold enough to say so is precisely the kind of leadership this forum needs.

When you are a leader, you have more responsibilities than the average poster. I am not saying you can't voice your opinion (nor am I in the place to say so), I am simply saying the way you are doing so is not leader-like.

Great! I agree with said opinion. But perhaps you could reword your so you come off as less insulting to Dom.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
(10-09-2012 01:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Great! I agree with said opinion. But perhaps you could reword your so you come off as less insulting to Dom.

Or perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities.

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Look, I'm not going to stop saying what I think.

If you don't like what I think, then don't listen.

If my opinion clashes with yours, so be it. I'm not changing it without logical cause.

Sounds to me like you expect one of the dreaded "forum meltdowns" where a lot of people leave.

Why is that?

Is it what you want to see happen?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
(10-09-2012 01:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Look, I'm not going to stop saying what I think.
Me either. Glad we agree on that.
Quote:If you don't like what I think, then don't listen.
Time to take your own advice?
Quote:If my opinion clashes with yours, so be it. I'm not changing it without logical cause.
Ditto.
Quote:Sounds to me like you expect one of the dreaded "forum meltdowns" where a lot of people leave.

Why is that?
Because it's the natural cycle that seems to take place on this, and many other forums. I've seen it many times. And for the record, I don't think it will be a lot. Just a few.
Quote:Is it what you want to see happen?
I wouldn't say it's something I want so much as something I'm okay with. And the reason I'm okay with it is because it's possibly the best choice for the person who leaves. I hate to see anyone hurt, but I also expect them to take responsibility for staying where they are being hurt if nothing bars them from leaving.

10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Stark and Dom,

you should just drop it, don't you see that this is going nowhere?

Dom,

Stark wasn't suggesting that you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Contrary to that, he said "[...] perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities". He's encouraging us to voice your opinion without sugarcoating it. That's the exact opposite of him wanting you to change your opinion or telling you to keep quiet about it.

That being said, Stark also specifically said that he speculates on a few people leaving, never did he say that he thinks a lot of people are going to leave.

Stark,

while I'm convinced that you like freedom of speech as much as I do, I think you should be able to empathize with Dom's point of view. I can completely understand why she doesn't want it to appear on here. If I was as sensitive as I used to be, I would probably never have entered this site, judging by some of the things I've seen.

And now both of you take a deep breath and chill out. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
100% chill. Thank you for the temper check Vosur. It gives me a chance to express my demeanor.

I am continuing the conversation because I see it as productive, not because I am worked up. I promise. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
10-09-2012, 01:44 PM
(10-09-2012 01:37 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am continuing the conversation because I see it as productive, not because I am worked up. I promise. Wink
Suit yourself. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I just had an interesting thought. Perhaps I have been wrong all along. Maybe this forum IS a safe haven. A safe haven for those who wish to speak their minds openly, honestly, and without a candy coating. A haven for those who want to engage in discussion even when it is enough to envoke strong emotions within them. A haven for those who find disagreeing with others as stimulating instead of enraging.

Just a thought.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post