Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(10-09-2012 01:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Stark and Dom,

you should just drop it, don't you see that this is going nowhere?

Dom,

Stark wasn't suggesting that you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Contrary to that, he said "[...] perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities". He's encouraging us to voice your opinion without sugarcoating it. That's the exact opposite of him wanting you to change your opinion or telling you to keep quiet about it.

That being said, Stark also specifically said that he speculates on a few people leaving, never did he say that he thinks a lot of people are going to leave.

Stark,

while I'm convinced that you like freedom of speech as much as I do, I think you should be able to empathize with Dom's point of view. I can completely understand why she doesn't want it to appear on here. If I was as sensitive as I used to be, I would probably never have entered this site, judging by some of the things I've seen.

And now both of you take a deep breath and chill out. Sleepy

A German Peacemaker. Who woulda thunk it?

Oh wait. Was that racist? Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-09-2012, 01:52 PM
(10-09-2012 01:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Great! I agree with said opinion. But perhaps you could reword your so you come off as less insulting to Dom.

Or perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities.

Where did I say you should censor yourself? When you are speaking publicly, you are going to have to watch what you say unless you want flack for it. That is free speech.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
10-09-2012, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 01:55 PM by Vosur.)
(10-09-2012 01:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh wait. Was that racist? Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
(10-09-2012 01:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh wait. Was that racist? Tongue

Do you have a bitchin' hat like this?

[Image: WilhelmII]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-09-2012, 02:00 PM
(10-09-2012 01:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Or perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities.

Where did I say you should censor yourself? When you are speaking publicly, you are going to have to watch what you say unless you want flack for it. That is free speech.

I think we agree. I just prefer the flack as opposed to watching what I say (ie censoring myself)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Directed to Dom:

My stance.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
(10-09-2012 01:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Do you have a bitchin' hat like this?

[Image: WilhelmII]

He does. I've seen it.

(10-09-2012 02:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Where did I say you should censor yourself? When you are speaking publicly, you are going to have to watch what you say unless you want flack for it. That is free speech.

I think we agree. I just prefer the flack as opposed to watching what I say (ie censoring myself)

Never said you should censor yourself.

10-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I know. You suggested watching whati say as an alternative to taking flack for saying it the way I want. I consider "watching what I say" censoring myself. That's why I explained it that way in the first place. Sorry if I was unclear.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
There is free speech and there is being an immature little dick. 'Muffs exercised his right to both.

If we are going to be free, let's be free. I freely dinged him -2 on his rep after he made it very clear that he cared not one whit for anyone's feelings or opinions. I exercised my right to express my opinion of his contribution.

I will do the same the next time. Feel free to disagree with me, neg rep me, bad mouth me. Or not. Ball's in your court. Drinking Beverage

P.S. I'm back from Montreal; great visit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
(10-09-2012 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is free speech and there is being an immature little dick. 'Muffs exercised his right to both.

If we are going to be free, let's be free. I freely dinged him -2 on his rep after he made it very clear that he cared not one whit for anyone's feelings or opinions. I exercised my right to express my opinion of his contribution.

I will do the same the next time. Feel free to disagree with me, neg rep me, bad mouth me. Or not. Ball's in your court. Drinking Beverage

P.s. I'm back from Montreal; great visit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user