Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(10-09-2012 02:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I know. You suggested watching whati say as an alternative to taking flack for saying it the way I want. I consider "watching what I say" censoring myself. That's why I explained it that way in the first place. Sorry if I was unclear.

I don't. I consider rewording what you mean in a polite manner as, well, polite.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
(10-09-2012 09:07 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 09:06 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Ohhhh. I see. Well, I'd rather be called a nazi then be censored really.

I don't even know why it is an issue. Being labeled a nazi isn't racism. You can't be racist towards white people. Drinking Beverage

Really? Bizzysaid... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
(10-09-2012 10:07 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 10:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Words have different connotations to different people. Everyone has a sore spot. Going around and purposefully poking people in what you know to be is their sore spot is not going to contribute to having a diverse and interesting community.

I poked Muffs in his sore spot and now he is gone. Anyone can do this to anyone if they so choose.

Some words are a sore spot for thousands and millions of people. Some are personal scars. They all spell hurt.

I don't see how poking people in their sore spots helps atheism or anything else in this world.

I totally agree that words have different connotations to different people. And following that premise, can we really condemn earmuffs for failing to understand the way other people perceive words when no-one seems to have any intent of understanding how he perceives them?

He didn't fail to understand; he chose to not understand, he refused to even consider understanding, he was being a little snot.Dodgy

10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
(10-09-2012 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is free speech and there is being an immature little dick. 'Muffs exercised his right to both.

If we are going to be free, let's be free. I freely dinged him -2 on his rep after he made it very clear that he cared not one whit for anyone's feelings or opinions. I exercised my right to express my opinion of his contribution.

I will do the same the next time. Feel free to disagree with me, neg rep me, bad mouth me. Or not. Ball's in your court. Drinking Beverage

P.s. I'm back from Montreal; great visit.

I thought maybe the Frenchies got you.

Oh wait, was that Racist? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM
(10-09-2012 02:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 09:07 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't even know why it is an issue. Being labeled a nazi isn't racism. You can't be racist towards white people. Drinking Beverage

Really? Bizzysaid... Consider

A troll that lies about his/her gender, profession, and that types like a preschooler? What about it?

10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
(10-09-2012 02:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  P.s. I'm back from Montreal; great visit.

I thought maybe the Frenchies got you.

You can't be racist to the French or to Germans. They aren't a race of people.

10-09-2012, 02:45 PM
(10-09-2012 11:00 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Guess it's time for me to chime in on this nonsense.

Dom, you seem to have convinced yourself that this forum should be what you want it to be. That is not the case. Truth is, I expect you'll be gone within the week, and I'm ok with that. You see, there's no such thing as a forum that is right for everyone. You need protection from the big bad world via silly things like scrambling words. And that's fine, but you won't find it here.

As far as Seth goes.....everyone needs to get over it. Seth does not participate in the forum. He doesn't make the rules. He has nothing to do with the forum at all. So if you want to blame someone for the forum being anarchy, stop blaming the guy who isn't part of the forum. It's stupid. Instead, blame me.

Look, this forum isn't right for everyone. Accept it. It's not the end of the world if you realize it's not for you. Just move on. There's other forums out there that could very well accommodate you. Stop wasting your time on this one, and go seek out one that is the right fit for your needs.

I fucking well blame you.

Keep up the good work.Thumbsup

10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I put 2 spoonfuls of sugar on my cornflakes.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
10-09-2012, 02:56 PM
(10-09-2012 02:39 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I thought maybe the Frenchies got you.

You can't be racist to the French or to Germans. They aren't a race of people.

If you go back to where this started, you will see that I didn't accuse 'Muffs of racism.

I am a believer in good communication, and good manners, good spelling, good punctuation, and good vocabulary contribute to it.

I suggested he stop using the 'N' word.

I did that because it is offensive, and detracts from whatever he is trying to say. His use was gratuitous, unnecessary, and callous.

If anyone else does the same sort of thing, I will ask that he or she please not do that. I will use the -2 rep hammer freely.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
(10-09-2012 02:54 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I put 2 spoonfuls of sugar on my cornflakes.

White sugar?