Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(10-09-2012 03:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This is a nonissue.

Just like they would have the free speech to say something with racist implications, you have the free speech to scold them for it.

There is no need to "Censor" racist posts, what is needed is "Self Censoring."

If you don't want to be percieved as a bigotted dick, then don't post bigotted shit with legitimate racist conotations

Simple as that.

And if you do poste that stuff, prepare to get verbally stomped on by me, poste haste.Thumbsup

Well, Earfuck has already been chased off the forum. After his meltdown of self-pity, I don't think he'll be coming back.

(10-09-2012 03:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  He didn't fail to understand; he chose to not understand, he refused to even consider understanding, he was being a little snot.Dodgy

And how much effort are you putting into understanding his views? Seems to me you're writing him off as wrong just as quickly as he is doing to others.

His pathetic excuses for such language were lame.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Is it hypocritical to call someone earfuck and then criticize their choice of language? Yes. Yes it is. But I've seen some of that in this thread.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
(10-09-2012 03:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  He didn't fail to understand; he chose to not understand, he refused to even consider understanding, he was being a little snot.Dodgy

And how much effort are you putting into understanding his views? Seems to me you're writing him off as wrong just as quickly as he is doing to others.

I read his posts and I understood what he said. I disagreed with his justification and have determined that he is a little snot-nosed punk who doesn't have enough knowledge of people, history, or society to be able to make the claims he is making or enough maturity to listen to those who do know enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
(10-09-2012 03:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you go back to where this started, you will see that I didn't accuse 'Muffs of racism.

I am a believer in good communication, and good manners, good spelling, good punctuation, and good vocabulary contribute to it.

I suggested he stop using the 'N' word.

I did that because it is offensive, and detracts from whatever he is trying to say. His use was gratuitous, unnecessary, and callous.

If anyone else does the same sort of thing, I will ask that he or she please not do that. I will use the -2 rep hammer freely.

Why are you saying this to me?

I'm saying it in this sub-thread. It's not all about you.Bowing

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
(10-09-2012 03:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Is it hypocritical to call someone earfuck and then criticize their choice of language? Yes. Yes it is. But I've seen some of that in this thread.

Is 'fuck' racist?

10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
(10-09-2012 03:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  I read his posts and I understood what he said. I disagreed with his justification and have determined that he is a little snot-nosed punk who doesn't have enough knowledge of people, history, or society to be able to make the claims he is making or enough maturity to listen to those who do know enough.

Actually I kinda see where he's coming from. I explain why in post 83 (I think) of this thread if you haven't already read it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
No. Now show me where I stated it was.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
(10-09-2012 04:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No. Now show me where I stated it was.

Equating "fuck" to "nigger" is incorrect.

10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
(10-09-2012 05:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 04:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No. Now show me where I stated it was.

Equating "fuck" to "nigger" is incorrect.

He isn't equating "fuck" to "nigger."

He is saying you are being rude while opposing a person who is being rude. Which, as ludacris stated, can be considered hypocritical.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
(10-09-2012 05:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 05:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Equating "fuck" to "nigger" is incorrect.

He isn't equating "fuck" to "nigger."

He is saying you are being rude while opposing a person who is being rude. Which, as ludacris stated, can be considered hypocritical.

I'm not opposing Earfuck's overly-defensive behavior. I am criticizing his usage of racial slurs.