Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(10-09-2012 06:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 05:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah it is, but I think she was just trying to be funny.

And am sorry Muffs is gone, I liked him. I was only trying to show him that words hurt specific people, I wasn't expecting all that baggage to come up and I wasn't expecting him to leave the building before the thing played out.

-_-

Oh, lol. You're a he? You have a female avatar. Or did I get something else wrong?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM
(10-09-2012 06:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 06:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  -_-

Oh, lol. You're a he? You have a female avatar. Or did I get something else wrong?

Yeah, Logica is a guy... I made the same mistake with you. For a few days, I thought you were a guy based on your username.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
(10-09-2012 06:07 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 06:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, lol. You're a he? You have a female avatar. Or did I get something else wrong?

Yeah, Logica is a guy... I made the same mistake with you. For a few days, I thought you were a guy based on your username.

Yep, you're not the first and won't be the last I think. Smile

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2012, 06:20 PM
(10-09-2012 06:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 06:07 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yeah, Logica is a guy... I made the same mistake with you. For a few days, I thought you were a guy based on your username.

Yep, you're not the first and won't be the last I think. Smile

At least I learned.

By the way, have I repped you yet?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I wasn't equating fuck to nigger but we can if you like.

I mean just because you might not be offended were someone to call you a stupid fuckface, doesn't mean that rule will apply to all.

It's a matter of offence isn't it?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
(10-09-2012 06:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wasn't equating fuck to nigger but we can if you like.

I mean just because you might not be offended were someone to call you a stupid fuckface, doesn't mean that rule will apply to all.

It's a matter of offence isn't it?

Like I said, different words hurt different people. Some words may only hurt one person, some may hurt millions.

10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
(10-09-2012 06:20 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 06:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, you're not the first and won't be the last I think. Smile

At least I learned.

By the way, have I repped you yet?

I don't know.....

10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
So let's treat them all equally? Fuck shit balls Cynthia zigote cracker chink skittermarink.

Ban me?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
(10-09-2012 06:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So let's treat them all equally? Fuck shit balls Cynthia zigote cracker chink skittermarink.

Ban me?

Rofl! What is it that everyone always yells ban? Do I suggest banning? I don't, you know. Yet the conversations never get beyond banning. This forum suffers from banophobia.

And the above may rival the Jabberwocky (or whatever that was called) but I hardly think anyone is offended lol.

Besides I once knew a Cynthia whom I disliked strongly. Curse her all you like, please.

10-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I apologize for not reading all 22 pages of this thread. I made it through the first 12 and thought I had the gist of it. Hopefully I'm not overly repetitive here.

Anyway, I too have noticed some of the racism in this forum. Ghost had pointed it out at one point. It's not one person and it's not one thread. Some of it was an attempt to be funny but the argument that meaning to be funny is a valid excuse for slurs is, at least in my opinion, wrong. The original complaint that started this thread was, at least in my humble opinion, absolutely valid. His proposed solution was, also in my humble opinion, absolutely wrong. Censorship and the suppression of ideas through force or the delete key is never the right approach. When you hide from ideas you don't like, you only empower them and give them strength. The way you combat stupidity, racism, hate, intolerance, etc., is by highlight it for what it is and show those people to the community in all their ignorant glory. This is an intelligent group of people and able to discern who makes a reasoned argument and who is just an idiot trying to get a rise out of people.

Not that he needs my endorsement, but I am 100% in agreement with how Stark has chosen to manage these issues. You're never going to please everyone but pleasing everyone is not a requirement. I think it's far more important that people have the ability to speak, or write in this instance, their mind than to have someone grant themselves the power to decide what is appropriate or inappropriate speech. And, if someone says something that offends you, ignore them. Or their statement. Or fight back. All of those are within your rights. What is not in your rights is to live in a bubble and not be offended.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post