Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
My mention of ban is only in farce I assure you. Just sort of pointing out how easily that term seems to be used around here which you also made a point of.

Also hi BnW

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
(10-09-2012 07:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  My mention of ban is only in farce I assure you. Just sort of pointing out how easily that term seems to be used around here which you also made a point of.

Also hi BnW

Well, I agree with you. There are many ways to skin a cat (god, I hate that saying) and none of them have to include banning or restrict freedom of speech in any way.

I have no idea why everything always has to end with: "oh no, no bannings". After that war cry all thinking stops, alternate ways of dealing with things are never even given any thought.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
(08-09-2012 02:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'd agree with the moderators, free speech is a valuable gift. Of course, freedom of speech always has some kind of limitation, but as long as the 'price' is merely a restriction to spamming, which is usually just copying and pasting random stuff anyway, and sending violence/death threats, I'm fine with it.

I'm a hundred percent against censoring controversial/offensive posts. If you don't like to see them, you can use the ignore button or just learn to ignore them on your own.

Almost 100% agree. Free Speech, that is complete Free Speech, has existed and does exist, just not by governments laws.

10-09-2012, 08:26 PM
(10-09-2012 06:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So let's treat them all equally? Fuck shit balls Cynthia zigote cracker chink skittermarink.

Ban me?

I'm offended I was excluded.

Edit: Did you type that on an iPhone? I've run into the Cynthia/Cunt dilemma before.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-09-2012, 08:45 PM
(10-09-2012 03:54 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 03:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Is it hypocritical to call someone earfuck and then criticize their choice of language? Yes. Yes it is. But I've seen some of that in this thread.

Is 'fuck' racist?

Nope. Racy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
(10-09-2012 08:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 02:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'd agree with the moderators, free speech is a valuable gift. Of course, freedom of speech always has some kind of limitation, but as long as the 'price' is merely a restriction to spamming, which is usually just copying and pasting random stuff anyway, and sending violence/death threats, I'm fine with it.

I'm a hundred percent against censoring controversial/offensive posts. If you don't like to see them, you can use the ignore button or just learn to ignore them on your own.

Almost 100% agree. Free Speech, that is complete Free Speech, has existed and does exist, just not by governments laws.

Motherfucker says Gwyneth need fear me, we got issues.

But I've done a fuckload of research, with my mouth, with my mind. A "hundred percent" devolves into identity. By claiming Gwyneth as my god, I have seen this, but most are afraid to look in the mirror. Of those, most are afraid to ask the question.

What is the last of me? As no man is an island, all men will fight for that peninsula.:/

Which is to say, say what the fuck you will, and if we don't like it, we'll hash it the fuck out. But by putting it in the closet and calling it "taboo," it might as well be sacred. :/ :\

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Jesus Christ, I do not visit you for a few days and here you go, people start leaving, you all start yelling "Nazis, Nazis..." and all kinds of racist things... Shame on you.

Big Grin

BTW, what is wrong with one person sharing it's feelings, even if they are racist? Specially when most other people go against him/her? That shows the true nature of this forum, it shows how majority thinks and it calls out all other Nazi lovers/supporters/whatevers. Get it? Dialogue SOLVES fucking problems, running away from them just makes you go to other forums where people must hide and you think you are surrounded with cool and moral persons, when in fact you are surrounded with hypocrits that lie and hide behind rules. This way at least we all know where we stand.

100% respect for this!

If this EVER changes, see you guys.

Ohio, you are smart, mature person. A good, intelligent contributor here, but you failed to see the importance of TRUTH and truthful words, even if they are racist. Too bad for you, but it has to have a lot to do with the time you grew up in. We (younger generations) grew up in a different environment, we are not that much bothered with racism as you are/were.

Peace!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Ok firstly, John, if I was a dickhead then you sir have a very strange concept of what a penis looks like and I can assure you that the average penis is not the shape of a basketball, take a gay guys word on that one.

Secondly, Dom, you didn't set me off. I know what you were trying to do.
Girly set me off.

Quote:At the end of the day you're some little scrawny ass punk white kid trying to act cool and I'm your father's age trying to explain why you're not cool, not cool at all. Goddam CuntMuffin.

This I was not prepared for. Hearing something like that from someone who I had ampul respect for was "not cool".

And sure I see what Girly was trying to do but the difference between me saying nigger and what Girly said is that Girl was just straight out nasty and mean.
Did I ever use nigger in an offense manner? In particular directing it towards someone?
No.

So it's not about pain, it's not about being nasty towards people. What Girly said was hurtful in the sense that this is like two teenage girls having a bitch fight and all those nasty shit comes out. And yea sure, those words can hurt depending on who they're from (If say Bish was to say that I would've lol'd). I mean anyone who's been slightly different at school will tell ya that.
But saying nigger isn't hurtful and spiteful, like Hughise says it's the manner in which you say it. Context. And yes I know some words have baggage but I've explained my reasons like it or lump it.

Quote:You're right, earmuffs. But those words won't be rendered innocuous just by repeated casual use. They got too much baggage. They're still too inflammatory for casual usage.

Well maybe that's the point Girly. That they do have too much baggage what do you think I'm trying to do. Reduce that baggage.

Quote:Emotions are overrated.

Agreed.

Quote:It's interesting to see that three members have left due to the lack of moderation towards offensive posts.

Moderation on the forum is fine.
Except that Bish is still here... Dodgy

Quote:I'm gonna throw my thoughts in here. I don't think earmuffs is being racist. I kinda see where he's coming from. I think words themselves don't have meaning, we ascribe our own meaning and intent to words, their meaning depends on how they are used. Having said that I tend not to use perceived racist terms because I know that not everyone thinks the way I do. Whether that makes me more sensitive than earmuffs or simply less able to stand up for my beliefs is something for everyone to decide for themselves. I also think racism is when you view people differently and treat them differently because of the colour of their skin, I don't think someone using a particular word without malice or prejudice is racist.
Banning racism is not a simply issue of blacklisting certain words. Has anyone stopped to think about it? Surely if we were to ban perceived derogatory terms then we would have to ban insults about where people are from. There's no point banning racism but allowing people to insult other for being from Africa or Pakistan. So we'd have to ban that as well. But then you have the question about people like me and FSM_scot who regularly take the piss out of each other about our nationalities. Do we ban that? I assume no-one would be in favour of banning that but think about what that says. That says that because me and FSM_scot are both from predominantly white countries it's fine for us to joke around and insult each other, it's fine for Erx to join in because he's from a predominantly white country too. But anyone from a predominantly non-white country cannot be apart of any such conversations, whether they like it or not. That would be actual, real racism. That is treating people differently simply because of the colour of their skin. Anyone else seeing the issues here? For the record though, I'm totally against any rules changes anyway.

Thank you, someone that gets it.

Quote:Also, who has the right to tell earmuffs he has to accept their understanding of words whilst refusing to even listen to his?

[yoda]Common sense you have.[/yoda]

Quote:Just a disclaimer, I am not really on either side of this debate (I really don't care).

You just care enough to post in this thread more then anyone else??

Quote:Or perhaps I could lead by example by saying what I have to say in my own words instead of censoring myself to accommodate other peoples sensitivities.

Don't do it Stark, they'll make a thread about you and continuously hound you.

Quote:Do you have a bitchin' hat like this?

[disclaimer]The following sentence uses words offensive to female dogs. Viewer discretion is advised.[/disclaimer]
Not gonna lie, that hat is pretty bitchin'

Quote:There is free speech and there is being an immature little dick. 'Muffs exercised his right to both.

If we are going to be free, let's be free. I freely dinged him -2 on his rep after he made it very clear that he cared not one whit for anyone's feelings or opinions. I exercised my right to express my opinion of his contribution.

I will do the same the next time. Feel free to disagree with me, neg rep me, bad mouth me. Or not. Ball's in your court.

Yes but Chas we don't like eachother so why am I not surprised by this?

You see, the thing with you Chas is that everything has to be all neat and tidy, just the way you like it. You're the sort of person that would frown upon a pregnant lady not being married, or pre-marital sex. You're closed minded.
So someone comes along and says "nigger", or "I like capitalism" or whatever and you instantly react that they shouldn't like capitalism or they shouldn't be saying nigger. You don't bother to think it through.

You try to portray yourself as this old wise long white bearded genius with a million PHD's, "my way or the highway" and claim you are a free thinker. But Chas, you can't see that you are the most judgmental person here.
These people don't like me because I said nigger, YOU don't like me because I said nigger after you said not to say nigger.

Plus you obviously have something against people younger then you.

Quote:I did that because it is offensive, and detracts from whatever he is trying to say. His use was gratuitous, unnecessary, and callous.

If anyone else does the same sort of thing, I will ask that he or she please not do that. I will use the -2 rep hammer freely.

You see, it's all there in that post.
You may have read my posts you may not have, but all you saw, all you comprehended, was "I don't agree with this and hence it is wrong".

You claim to be a freethinker, but... I concur.

So please, feel free to think highly of yourself and feel free to wave the -2 rep hammer around I seriously couldn't less because at the end of the day, at least I still have my youth.

Oh and just to clarify, the difference between you and me Chas is that at least I am very open about it being "my way or the high way" and don't hide behind this facde.
Oh and I'm smarter then you give me credit for, just sayin'.

Quote:Well, Earfuck has already been chased off the forum. After his meltdown of self-pity, I don't think he'll be coming back.

You thought wrong.

Quote:I read his posts and I understood what he said. I disagreed with his justification and have determined that he is a little snot-nosed punk who doesn't have enough knowledge of people, history, or society to be able to make the claims he is making or enough maturity to listen to those who do know enough.

You determine wrong.

Ya know. It's hilarious actually to read this, read people's replies and opinions.
I'm being hounded and being called "insensitive" but when I do things like my last post, I leave etc.. People call me "Fuckmuffs" etc.. slander me off, I mean who's being the insensitive jerk?

When did I ever insult someone??

I've been nothing but fucking nice to you people.
Well, except Logica in the startrek thread but I was mistaken in that case and I apologized for that.

So anyway, fuck you'll, I aint budging.
This nigger is here to stay.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
11-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Nigga, "This NIGGA is here to stay"...

You young people, I have to teach you everything...

Remember, you are not from Nigeria or Niger!!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-09-2012, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 04:58 AM by DeepThought.)
I skimmed over the last 100 posts except for a few... but why are so many here trying to gang rape earmuffs? Cos that's how it comes across...

When you disagree on a topic with someone we should be able to keep it reasonable civil..

I don't agree with the baiting tactic that was used at the beginning of this thread with Earmuffs. Toying with people like that isn't right IMO. It's a disgusting thing to do to someone.

Then going "AHA see how right I am I fooled you so now you know". No Your not right... not right at all.

I think he made some valid points in #228. (Minus the digs at Chas - I'll have no part in that.) Some of the post here seem to be fueled by hatred and bile... Earfuck? really... WTH? Where is this coming from?

This thread to me has turned into a steaming pile of shit. No pleasure to be had from reading this thread.

Call down the nukes...

[Image: nuke.jpg]

I'm going to leave my opinion on the racism topic for later.. This thread already has enough baggage.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post