Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(10-09-2012 06:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  ... Censorship and the suppression of ideas through force or the delete key is never the right approach. When you hide from ideas you don't like, you only empower them and give them strength. The way you combat stupidity, racism, hate, intolerance, etc., is by highlight it for what it is and show those people to the community in all their ignorant glory. ...

That.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 09:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-09-2012 08:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This thing is still going? Words hurt. No shit. I'd rather use words to cut someone down than physical violence because it has a long-lasting effect.

Trying to overuse words like "nigger" or "faggot" or any other word associated with a negative stereotype in order to desensitize them is absurd. That is a blatant attempt to redefine the word. Why would you want to do that? Fuck those words. I want them to exist with their negative connotations because I can use them as an identifier for fools, ignorant-asses, and racists. They demonstrate the very animal nature of humans and the "in-group" mentality we all adhere to, just like other animals.

Language may be the only real thing separating us from other animals and ALL of the words serve a purpose, and not all of them good. So use whatever words you wish, but don't expect people to be okay with your use of certain words, especially for those of us who grew up in places where racism still runs rampant and words like nigger are VERY MUCH USED TO OFFEND. The fucking KKK was founded 15 minutes from where I grew up and even came to my fucking high school once. I have no patience for ignorance and assholes.

That's one of the best posts I've ever read. Thumbsup

(11-09-2012 08:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There are only 2 things I am intolerant of, stupidity and intolerance.

If I can't tolerate stupidity I'm gonna be at a serious disadvantage at playing whatever game this is properly. ... I mean it's all fucking around me. It's like goddam nitrogen. Big Grin
I find myself now only intolerant of intolerance, and only vaguely. ... and briefly.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
If you can't tolerate stupidity, why are you an atheist?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-09-2012, 02:17 AM
(11-09-2012 11:45 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If you can't tolerate stupidity, why are you an atheist?

I can't tolerate stupidity, therefore I am an atheist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-09-2012, 05:39 AM
(11-09-2012 11:45 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If you can't tolerate stupidity, why are you an atheist?
More like "If you can't endure stupidity, why are you an atheist?"
12-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Ok so after all of this what have people learned??? How can we become stronger and move on from lessons learned???

For me ive not really seen much that I myself would class as "racist" (in a direct attacking way) however now I have heard other peoples viewpoints I can see why they would think this.

Ive also learned to be a teeny weeny bit more cautious to what I say..... not in a way that stifles my own opinion but just a reminder to show a bit more respect to other peoples backgrounds.

Whilst I may not be sensitive to these issues, I have learnt that a lot of people are.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
12-09-2012, 06:53 AM
(12-09-2012 06:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ok so after all of this what have people learned??? How can we become stronger and move on from lessons learned???

What is this, a Disney film? Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
12-09-2012, 06:58 AM
(12-09-2012 06:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 06:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ok so after all of this what have people learned??? How can we become stronger and move on from lessons learned???

What is this, a Disney film? Tongue

(hands over a crows feather)

Flap those ears..... you CAN fly!!!!!

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-09-2012, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 07:14 AM by earmuffs.)

Is it just me or does every time I hear that song I gotta close my eyes scrunch up my face and sing that song aloud?
Just me?

12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
(12-09-2012 06:58 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 06:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What is this, a Disney film? Tongue

(hands over a crows feather)

Flap those ears..... you CAN fly!!!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!

are you calling me fat and dumb!!??

[Image: imgDumbo4.jpg]

I will have you know that I have an average sized nose thank you very much. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post