Racism on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: Racism on this forum
(08-09-2012 06:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 06:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What forum thread is he talking about?

I assume he is referencing earmuff and trainwreck when they use the word "nigger", which is known to be a derogatory term, and their only defense for it is, "It's just a word."

actually my defense for it is I'm not using it in a racist or degrading way.

It's like cunt. Cunt is a horrible swear word, some would consider worse then fuck.
But why does nobody here care? Because it's used 24/7.
Take faggot for another example, back in the day if you called someone a faggot you'd get your head smashed in. Today people call faggots left right and center and nobody cares.
So nigga please, if anything I'm desensitising people to the word. I mean isn't the real tragedy of the word that it has the power to offend?

So your welcome TTA.

As regards to my thread in the world news section, well, bemore covered that.

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
(08-09-2012 07:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 06:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I assume he is referencing earmuff and trainwreck when they use the word "nigger", which is known to be a derogatory term, and their only defense for it is, "It's just a word."

actually my defense for it is I'm not using it in a racist or degrading way.

It's like cunt. Cunt is a horrible swear word, some would consider worse then fuck.
But why does nobody here care? Because it's used 24/7.
Take faggot for another example, back in the day if you called someone a faggot you'd get your head smashed in. Today people call faggots left right and center and nobody cares.
So nigga please, if anything I'm desensitising people to the word. I mean isn't the real tragedy of the word that it has the power to offend?

So your welcome TTA.

As regards to my thread in the world news section, well, bemore covered that.

Earmuffs, you know I like you and respect your opinions on most everything. But - why the heck you have to throw around words that hurt people - when it is no skin off your back not to do so - that is beyond me.

Just cut the crap. It's at best childish rebellion, and we don't have to get into what it is at worst.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
08-09-2012, 08:08 PM
If people are hurt so much by one little word then quite frankly they need to sack the fuck up.

08-09-2012, 08:21 PM
(08-09-2012 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If people are hurt so much by one little word then quite frankly they need to sack the fuck up.

Really? Are you such a stupid little boy that you haven't figured out yet that words matter?

Or are you just an insensitive jerk devoid of the ability to feel empathy?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
(08-09-2012 08:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If people are hurt so much by one little word then quite frankly they need to sack the fuck up.

Really? Are you such a stupid little boy that you haven't figured out yet that words matter?

Or are you just an insensitive jerk devoid of the ability to feel empathy?

the second one.

08-09-2012, 08:22 PM

Or you could grow some balls and start acting civily towards your fellow human beings.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
(08-09-2012 08:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Or you could grow some balls and start acting civily towards your fellow human beings.

Nah I'll think I'll stick with my option, but thanks for the suggestion all the same.

08-09-2012, 08:27 PM
(08-09-2012 08:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 08:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Or you could grow some balls and start acting civily towards your fellow human beings.

Nah I'll think I'll stick with my option, but thanks for the suggestion all the same.

Anytime. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
08-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Hmm... lemme see...

Killed
Tortured
Raped
Sodomized
Beaten
Degraded
Victimized
Abused
Preyed Upon

... and the list goes on. In your mind, it's one little word. In reality, it is a contemptuous term, used when oppressing. What's listed above really did happen.

Hurt so much by one [...] word?

Yes.

You've got ears, take your own advice and sack the fuck up.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 5 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Brony hug time? Because friendship is magic?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post