Racism (or not) in sport
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Racism (or not) in sport
I wasn't sure where to put this so I've put it here, if you wanna move it Lucradis feel free.

So I know there isn't a huge football (soccer) following on here but there are a few people and this topic isn't really about football, it about something far more contentious ............. racism.

Back in October Liverpool played Man Utd. After the match Man Utd player Patrice Evra accused Liverpool player Luis Suarez of racial abuse towards him, something Suarez has strongly denied from the start. There was no evidence of any racism other than Evra's testimony, nothing was caught on camera and no-one else over-heard the alleged racist comments, it was Evra's word Vs Suarez's. Despite this the FA charged Suarez with racism and at a hearing he was banned for 8 matches. He still maintains his innocence.

Today was the first meeting of the two clubs since then and Suarez had finished his suspension so both he and Evra were playing. At the pre-match handshake Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand causing a huge media shitstorm.

So what does anyone think, was he justified or was he out of order, any opinions?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Racism (or not) in sport
I think that I would not dick with a man named Patrice.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post