Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 12:42 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
Seems things have taken an expected turn for conservative gun nuts. Now that members of the New Black Panthers are taking advantage of the open carry laws that conservative gun nuts so adamantly supported, those same conservative gun nuts are shitting their pants in fear. Apparently, when some racist, Bible thumping redneck is openly carrying a gun, it's a sign of patriotism, and when black people do the same, it's a sign of terrorism. I'm totally in favor of gun control, but I do love it when the hypocrisy of conservatives comes around to bite them in the ass.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/09/...ying-guns/

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
10-01-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
(10-01-2015 12:38 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Seems things have taken an expected turn for conservative gun nuts. Now that members of the New Black Panthers are taking advantage of the open carry laws that conservative gun nuts so adamantly supported, those same conservative gun nuts are shitting their pants in fear. Apparently, when some racist, Bible thumping redneck is openly carrying a gun, it's a sign of patriotism, and when black people do the same, it's a sign of terrorism. I'm totally in favor of gun control, but I do love it when the hypocrisy of conservatives comes around to bite them in the ass.

Where is this happening? Is there an article?

Not saying I don't believe you, just I'd like to see them quiver in fear. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
10-01-2015, 12:44 PM
(10-01-2015 12:41 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 12:38 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Seems things have taken an expected turn for conservative gun nuts. Now that members of the New Black Panthers are taking advantage of the open carry laws that conservative gun nuts so adamantly supported, those same conservative gun nuts are shitting their pants in fear. Apparently, when some racist, Bible thumping redneck is openly carrying a gun, it's a sign of patriotism, and when black people do the same, it's a sign of terrorism. I'm totally in favor of gun control, but I do love it when the hypocrisy of conservatives comes around to bite them in the ass.

Where is this happening? Is there an article?

Not saying I don't believe you, just I'd like to see them quiver in fear. Tongue

Ah, I forgot to post the link. Well, I just edited the post, so it's in there now. Smile

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
10-01-2015, 12:51 PM
(10-01-2015 12:38 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Now that members of the New Black Panthers are taking advantage of the open carry laws that conservative gun nuts so adamantly supported, those same conservative gun nuts are shitting their pants in fear.

Background checks and other reasonable controls are probably not sounding so bad now. It's like when the Christians claim the right to erect religious monuments on public property and then find out that Satanists have the same rights.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM
If it is open carry ye want, it is open carry ye shall receive.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-01-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 01:17 PM by cactus.)
That is pretty hilarious, but IMO the name "Black Panthers" really isn't doing them any favors. At first glance, it sounds like the name of a violent gang or terrorist group until you actually look them up for yourself. If a gun advocacy group called themselves the "White Tigers," or "Grey Sharks" I'd be equally as suspicious.

Just saying, panthers are predatory animals. They make offensive strikes against their prey.

Also, the idea of "open carry" laws freaks me the fuck out. I've never seen a civilian carrying a non-concealed weapon in public (outside of a shooting range or hunting grounds). If I did (especially an unholstered rifle like in that picture), I would not hesitate to call the police.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2015, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 07:03 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(10-01-2015 01:03 PM)cactus Wrote:  That is pretty hilarious, but IMO the name "Black Panthers" really isn't doing them any favors. At first glance, it sounds like the name of a violent gang or terrorist group until you actually look them up for yourself. If a gun advocacy group called themselves the "White Tigers," or "Grey Sharks" I'd be equally as suspicious.

Just saying, panthers are predatory animals. They make offensive strikes against their prey.

Also, the idea of "open carry" laws freaks me the fuck out. I've never seen a civilian carrying a non-concealed weapon in public (outside of a shooting range or hunting grounds). If I did (especially an unholstered rifle like in that picture), I would not hesitate to call the police.

The interesting thing is with open carry, people don't think about the psychological aspects of it, or how open carrying achieves the exact opposite of what they intended by open carrying.

For example, the other day I was in a restaurant called chipolte, its a tex mex kind of place. Anyway this young man walked in with a group of friends, he was wearing camo pants, combat boots, a black tshirt and strapped to his side was a large holstered pistol. He came swaggering in like he was Wyatt Earp. I saw the nervous looks passed between several older couples, who quickly got up and gathered their things and left. Did I mention he weighed about 110 lbs soak and wet? Allow me to explain.

I know older people get nervous around a black men carrying a huge gun strapped to his waist. I was sitting there eating looking over at him and his group of friends and was thinking....what was he hoping to achieve by open carrying? Was he just exercising his second amendment rights? ...maybe. Was he trying to compensate for being scrawny and felt this would make him look more intimidating? maybe...was he just wanting to be able to defend himself or others in this crazy world we live in?...maybe. But you see, here enters the problem with open carry in my opinion.

Compensation....when you walk around with a open carry, it draws attention, and a lot of negative attention...i could have walked over, back handed him out of his chair and took his gun away from him and walked out, and there wouldnt have been a thing he could have done about it because he wouldnt have been expecting it. So compensation by open carry is ineffective.

Defense....if someone was intending to rob the place or even go on a shooting spree, who do you think is taking the first bullet? The idiot proudly displaying his gun openly. I know if I walked in intending to do bad things, I would quickly scan the room for potential cops in the restaurant, or anyone dumb enough to open carry, and if so, it wouldnt deter me from going on my shooting spree, I would just ensure I walked up and shot him first.

This is why I have a concealed carry licence. You don't know I have a gun on me, because I intend to be able to defend myself or others. Openly carrying it just displays to everyone that I have a gun, and most innocent people feel negatively about that, people out with their kids dont want to be sitting down next to the stranger with a .357 magnum strapped to his leg...especially these days where it seems daily there are active shooter situations in the news.

So if you want to carry, why dont you get a concealed, that way it actually has a purpose outside of you wanting to swagger around, and maybe getting yourself into a bad situation, merely because you wanted to swagger around with a gun openly.

Seeing that probably 20 yo man sitting there with that arrogant smirk on his face with openly carrying a weapon and eating lunch made me want to slap that look off his face, and show that his gun didnt compensate for anything but his own fear. It further annoyed me watching the three older couples feel so uncomfortable that they got up and left.

yes yes, I know, before everyone descends upon me with "I got rights to carry, and how they felt was their problem"..I am an ardent supporter of gun rights, and carry on a frequent basis......but do it with some sense and common decency, that's my point.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-01-2015, 01:45 PM
I've been in a few government offices recently. Some of them say "Bans guns on these premises". WTF ? The very government that *says* they have the right to bear arms, ... bla bla bla, takes it away with no process other than by posting signs.

The Second Amendment will eventually have to be re-written.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-01-2015, 01:49 PM
(10-01-2015 01:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've been in a few government offices recently. Some of them say "Bans guns on these premises". WTF ? The very government that *says* they have the right to bear arms, ... bla bla bla, takes it away with no process other than by posting signs.

ya that is interesting isn't it? They are banned from places of worship, government offices, places that serve alcohol, banks, and a few others off the top of my head. I understand why though Smile

Here is the rub though, a sign or it being illegal won't stop an active shooter situation. The only thing you have done is prevent another armed citizen, who happened to be there, being able to respond.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(10-01-2015 01:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 01:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've been in a few government offices recently. Some of them say "Bans guns on these premises". WTF ? The very government that *says* they have the right to bear arms, ... bla bla bla, takes it away with no process other than by posting signs.

ya that is interesting isn't it? They are banned from places of worship, government offices, places that serve alcohol, banks, and a few others off the top of my head. I understand why though Smile

Here is the rub though, a sign or it being illegal won't stop an active shooter situation. The only thing you have done is prevent another armed citizen, who happened to be there, being able to respond.

Agree. But it clearly demonstrates that "reasonable people" think unlimited "carrying" rights are not reasonable. The "what is reasonable" test is ultimately the test of what is legal. Even Antonin Scalia said he agreed with the "reasonable" test.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post