Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are once again displaying ignorance and/or misunderstanding. A semiautomatic rifle is not anyone's first choice for home defense.
It's funny how you think you know what everyone wants or doesn't want. If anyone disagrees with you they are ignorant.
http://www.gundigest.com/tactical-gear/a...fense-guns

(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:Also the vigilante aspect of just giving guns to the people and let them shoot at the crims, don't worry about training or accountability.

If someone means to harm you, what will you do? What if you can't get away?
I don't have enemies, I don't generally walk down dodgy streets in the dark, I don't get into fights or public arguments, I don't have dealings with shady characters.
But shit can still happen, sure.
In NZ my attacker will most likely not have a gun.
Most likely my attacker will get the drop on me, so even if I had a gun, it would be useless.
I hope like hell that I don't get attacked, I try to avoid situations where I can be a target for attack.

Quote:And the "make my day" policies.

What are those?
Really, you haven't heard of it?
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23756639/co...oting-self
Quote:And the state was the first to enact "make my day" legislation, giving homeowners immunity if they shoot and kill intruders, still one of the strongest such laws in the country.

Quote:and the acknowledgement that handguns are very effective for crimes given the concealment aspect, however they want almost everybody to be able to carry handguns around public places.

They who? Who wants this?
Really, again playing the ignorant card.
http://www.debate.org/opinions/would-it-...eir-family

- I think each family should have some means of protecting themselves, and if that means having a handgun then so be it
- If everyone owned a handgun excluding criminals, insane people, etc, most violent crimes could not be committed because they would almost certainly be stopped
- If literally everyone had a handgun, criminals would almost certainly think more than twice about waltzing into a home trying to steal/rape/murder/ect.
- I believe that if everyone had a gun it would be safest, or at least if a majority people have a gun it would be safest

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...551AAD6Ywj
- Well if absolutely every last person in the country were to be armed, wouldn't the odds go in favor of the good, law-abiding sane people, who could easily take out the few now armed mentally insane people?

http://www.wwl.com/Scoot-Blog-Will-gun-r...pid=376456
- Contrary to the belief of some Americans – not everyone should be armed and not everyone should be carrying a gun with them wherever they go

Quote:It feels like they think with a gun in their own hands they are invincible and will almost certainly get the bad guy before they themselves get shot.

Not invincible, empowered - able to defend oneself.
I feel empowered to walk out on the streets knowing that I am not going to be attacked by a gun wielding attacker.
The law and law enforcement empowers me by ensuring people aren't wandering around town with guns.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
(12-01-2015 06:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are once again displaying ignorance and/or misunderstanding. A semiautomatic rifle is not anyone's first choice for home defense.
It's funny how you think you know what everyone wants or doesn't want. If anyone disagrees with you they are ignorant.

Using an AR for home defense is a controversial minority opinion. The danger of over-penetration of rifle caliber rounds is minimized by the AR wackos.

Quote:
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  If someone means to harm you, what will you do? What if you can't get away?
I don't have enemies, I don't generally walk down dodgy streets in the dark, I don't get into fights or public arguments, I don't have dealings with shady characters.
But shit can still happen, sure.
In NZ my attacker will most likely not have a gun.
Most likely my attacker will get the drop on me, so even if I had a gun, it would be useless.
I hope like hell that I don't get attacked, I try to avoid situations where I can be a target for attack.

You're in NZ, I'm not. Using your situation to comment on that of the U.S. isn't sensible.

Quote:
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  What are those?
Really, you haven't heard of it?
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23756639/co...oting-self
Quote:And the state was the first to enact "make my day" legislation, giving homeowners immunity if they shoot and kill intruders, still one of the strongest such laws in the country.

(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  They who? Who wants this?
Really, again playing the ignorant card.
http://www.debate.org/opinions/would-it-...eir-family

- I think each family should have some means of protecting themselves, and if that means having a handgun then so be it
- If everyone owned a handgun excluding criminals, insane people, etc, most violent crimes could not be committed because they would almost certainly be stopped
- If literally everyone had a handgun, criminals would almost certainly think more than twice about waltzing into a home trying to steal/rape/murder/ect.
- I believe that if everyone had a gun it would be safest, or at least if a majority people have a gun it would be safest

No, that speaks to home defense, not carrying a handgun.

Quote:https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...551AAD6Ywj
- Well if absolutely every last person in the country were to be armed, wouldn't the odds go in favor of the good, law-abiding sane people, who could easily take out the few now armed mentally insane people?

http://www.wwl.com/Scoot-Blog-Will-gun-r...pid=376456
- Contrary to the belief of some Americans – not everyone should be armed and not everyone should be carrying a gun with them wherever they go

I suppose there is a minority that believes something like that.

Quote:
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not invincible, empowered - able to defend oneself.
I feel empowered to walk out on the streets knowing that I am not going to be attacked by a gun wielding attacker.
The law and law enforcement empowers me by ensuring people aren't wandering around town with guns.

Again - that is your situation, not ours in the U.S.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 07:46 PM
(12-01-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Again - that is your situation, not ours in the U.S.
Yes, I'm not specifically talking about USA. The gun argument could be applied universally.
Although I accept that the topics of guns and abortion seem to be much more top of mind over there. Here they aren't generally mentioned during election campaigns.
12-01-2015, 07:54 PM
(12-01-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're in NZ, I'm not. Using your situation to comment on that of the U.S. isn't sensible.
Your question was with regards to what I would do. I was answering directly to your question. I wasn't commenting on the situation of the U.S. I don't know why you would assume that I was. The world is much bigger than just the U.S.
12-01-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:14 PM by Chas.)
(12-01-2015 07:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're in NZ, I'm not. Using your situation to comment on that of the U.S. isn't sensible.
Your question was with regards to what I would do. I was answering directly to your question. I wasn't commenting on the situation of the U.S. I don't know why you would assume that I was. The world is much bigger than just the U.S.

Sorry - I was asking what you would do in the context of the U.S. society - in contrast to what I am doing/would do. I didn't make that clear.

12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
(12-01-2015 12:51 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so which 'well regulated militia' do I need to belong to in order to keep a firearm? Consider
The people are the militia. You already belong to it. It's not a government entity. In fact, it is the opposite of the government.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution

The people are anything but 'well regulated'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-01-2015, 09:31 PM
(12-01-2015 09:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:51 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The people are the militia. You already belong to it. It's not a government entity. In fact, it is the opposite of the government.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution

The people are anything but 'well regulated'.

The meaning of the amendment is that the people both have the right to arms and should have arms so that a militia may be formed in time of need.
This is clear from the writings of those who composed and approved it.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-01-2015, 09:35 PM
(12-01-2015 09:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 07:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Your question was with regards to what I would do. I was answering directly to your question. I wasn't commenting on the situation of the U.S. I don't know why you would assume that I was. The world is much bigger than just the U.S.

Sorry - I was asking what you would do in the context of the U.S. society - in contrast to what I am doing/would do. I didn't make that clear.
Oh, OK, well as you know I can't answer that from the context of US society, I've never been to the U.S. I've only just seen it on T.V.
I understand that the horse has already bolted out the door with regards to the guns in society issue over there.
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
(12-01-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 06:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny how you think you know what everyone wants or doesn't want. If anyone disagrees with you they are ignorant.

Using an AR for home defense is a controversial minority opinion. The danger of over-penetration of rifle caliber rounds is minimized by the AR wackos.
Thanks for that info.

Not being involved with the USA gun enthusiasts, it's hard to put articles like these into perspective (regarding how commonly held this opinion is)

We have had a thread on this forum where someone was advocating the merits of AR-15 for home defense.
12-01-2015, 09:56 PM
(12-01-2015 09:49 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Using an AR for home defense is a controversial minority opinion. The danger of over-penetration of rifle caliber rounds is minimized by the AR wackos.
Thanks for that info.

Not being involved with the USA gun enthusiasts, it's hard to put articles like these into perspective (regarding how commonly held this opinion is)

We have had a thread on this forum where someone was advocating the merits of AR-15 for home defense.

There are AR True Believers™. It is a great rifle, but it is not the solution to every problem.