Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
We regulate cars and drivers far more heavily than we do guns. And guns are designed to kill.

Regulate guns, and gun owners.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-01-2015, 09:38 AM
(12-01-2015 09:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  We regulate cars and drivers far more heavily than we do guns. And guns are designed to kill.

We do that pretty heavily in MD. Interestingly, we do have open-carry for "long guns" but we don't recognize any other State's handgun permit 'cause we can't be sure they got the proper training. And if you want a concealed carry permit you need to demonstrate a compelling reason. "I carry a lot of cash running book for this dude in Baltimore." may or may not be compelling enough.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-01-2015, 09:41 AM
(12-01-2015 09:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 09:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  We regulate cars and drivers far more heavily than we do guns. And guns are designed to kill.

We do that pretty heavily in MD. Interestingly, we do have open-carry for "long guns" but we don't recognize any other State's handgun permit 'cause we can't be sure they got the proper training. And if you want a concealed carry permit you need to demonstrate a compelling reason. "I carry a lot of cash running book for this dude in Baltimore." may or may not be compelling enough.

Regulation needs to be more widespread and homogenous.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-01-2015, 09:58 AM
(12-01-2015 09:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I'm gonna go with the guy carrying the cash not bothering with the permit. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 10:02 AM
(12-01-2015 09:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 09:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We do that pretty heavily in MD. Interestingly, we do have open-carry for "long guns" but we don't recognize any other State's handgun permit 'cause we can't be sure they got the proper training. And if you want a concealed carry permit you need to demonstrate a compelling reason. "I carry a lot of cash running book for this dude in Baltimore." may or may not be compelling enough.

Regulation needs to be more widespread and homogenous.

Yes and no, and yes.

There are a lot of laws that don't seem to be enforced and regulations and laws that don't make any sense. What we need are sensible, effective laws and reasonable, consistent enforcement.

I think the big hole in the laws is not about guns, per se, but about mental health.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 11:58 AM by Patriot10mm.)

Since this thread is about American "conservative gun nuts" I'll assume we are discussing American rules and laws here. How much more regulation do we need? Universal background checks for all sales? I'm actually fine with that. Permits, training and licensing etc. for ownership? I don't think so. Gun ownership is a Constitutional right. Could you imagine permits for free speech? Or obtaining a government permit to paint a painting? How about a license to prevent unlawful search and seizure? "What, you don't have a search and seizure prevention license? Sorry, we're coming in to search your place."

The Bill of Rights lays down limits on the government. We have the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement. The Constitution itself is the license needed. The founders had multiple intentions with the 2nd amendment. The government should assume that every citizen owns arms, respect that fact, and fear that fact.

Owning and operating a vehicle is not a right, it's a privilege.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
12-01-2015, 12:17 PM
(12-01-2015 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  As 10mm implied, your thinking on this seems the reverse of sensible. Those who are legally carrying a concealed firearm are vastly more likely to be your ally, not a threat.
My allies are those that don't carry guns. Those that peacefully walk away when they see a potential threat rather than reach for their guns.
12-01-2015, 12:20 PM
(12-01-2015 11:49 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  

Since this thread is about American "conservative gun nuts" I'll assume we are discussing American rules and laws here. How much more regulation do we need? Universal background checks for all sales? I'm actually fine with that. Permits, training and licensing etc. for ownership? I don't think so. Gun ownership is a Constitutional right. Could you imagine permits for free speech? Or obtaining a government permit to paint a painting? How about a license to prevent unlawful search and seizure? "What, you don't have a search and seizure prevention license? Sorry, we're coming in to search your place."

The Bill of Rights lays down limits on the government. We have the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement. The Constitution itself is the license needed. The founders had multiple intentions with the 2nd amendment. The government should assume that every citizen owns arms, respect that fact, and fear that fact.

Owning and operating a vehicle is not a right, it's a privilege.

And one also has to realize that when the mythical Founding Fathers wrote this document, they could not have possibly envisioned what firearms have become. They also imbued us with the tools to change the Constitution, tools they themselves used, as well as every generation since then. Even the rights currently granted and protected by the Constitution are not unlimited, even 'free speech' has it's reasonable limits.

So should the government fear it's citizens? Maybe the citizens should have asked themselves that a little more before creating the entrenched military industrial complex and the most advanced military force on the planet. Do you want the government to fear it's citizens? Then we either need to start passing out tanks like they were made out of candy and training all of our citizens to become soldiers, or we needed to have learned how to reign in the Pentagon half a century ago.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What 'well regulated militia' are we all a part of again? Consider

Once has to wonder what our nation would look like if the 2nd Amendment protected the right own and bear swords or horses rather than firearms.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-01-2015, 12:21 PM
(12-01-2015 08:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wait. What?

How did you get to "the specific purpose of confronting police"?
From the article
"I want black people all over the country to start legally carrying assault rifles in public and run patrols to police the police. "
12-01-2015, 12:29 PM
(12-01-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm gonna go with the guy carrying the cash not bothering with the permit. Dodgy
Would give the police a reason to arrest him. They can then interrogate him about the large sum of cash back at the police department.