Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
(12-01-2015 12:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And one also has to realize that when the mythical Founding Fathers wrote this document, they could not have possibly envisioned what firearms have become. They also imbued us with the tools to change the Constitution, tools they themselves used, as well as every generation since then. Even the rights currently granted and protected by the Constitution are not unlimited, even 'free speech' has it's reasonable limits.
People that talk about the founding fathers and their intent etc seem to put these people up on pedastools as if they are infallible gods.

Move forward people, progress. Don't live life based on the thinking of people from days gone by.

Guns are dangerous and risk public safety. There are reasons why police will sometimes not fire their gun in public, police are trained to make this decision and to be keenly aware of public safety. Why should gun owners not also be trained to respect public safety?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 12:43 PM
As the supreme court noted, many handwritten copies of the constitution had multiple commas all over that were unnecessary and were probably added as someone read the words and paused while someone wrote it out. The official copy printed and at the library of congress, and certified by Thomas Jefferson himself, has but one comma in the second amendment, separating the amendment into two clauses, one for militia, and one for the people who make up the militia to keep arms. They don't need to keep the arms at some secret militia base.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
12-01-2015, 12:46 PM
(12-01-2015 12:43 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  As the supreme court noted, many handwritten copies of the constitution had multiple commas all over that were unnecessary and were probably added as someone read the words and paused while someone wrote it out. The official copy printed and at the library of congress, and certified by Thomas Jefferson himself, has but one comma in the second amendment, separating the amendment into two clauses, one for militia, and one for the people who make up the militia to keep arms. They don't need to keep the arms at some secret militia base.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
12-01-2015, 12:46 PM
(12-01-2015 12:43 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  ...one for militia, and one for the people who make up the militia to keep arms.

Right, so which 'well regulated militia' do I need to belong to in order to keep a firearm? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-01-2015, 12:51 PM
(12-01-2015 12:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:43 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  ...one for militia, and one for the people who make up the militia to keep arms.

Right, so which 'well regulated militia' do I need to belong to in order to keep a firearm? Consider
The people are the militia. You already belong to it. It's not a government entity. In fact, it is the opposite of the government.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
12-01-2015, 02:24 PM
(12-01-2015 12:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  As 10mm implied, your thinking on this seems the reverse of sensible. Those who are legally carrying a concealed firearm are vastly more likely to be your ally, not a threat.
My allies are those that don't carry guns. Those that peacefully walk away when they see a potential threat rather than reach for their guns.

My allies are those who would step up to help and defend others.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 02:25 PM
(12-01-2015 12:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wait. What?

How did you get to "the specific purpose of confronting police"?
From the article
"I want black people all over the country to start legally carrying assault rifles in public and run patrols to police the police. "

That does not say 'confronting'.

12-01-2015, 02:26 PM
(12-01-2015 12:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm gonna go with the guy carrying the cash not bothering with the permit. Dodgy
Would give the police a reason to arrest him. They can then interrogate him about the large sum of cash back at the police department.

You miss the point. He's involved in criminal behavior - he's not going to worry about legally carrying a gun.

12-01-2015, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 02:34 PM by Chas.)
(12-01-2015 12:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And one also has to realize that when the mythical Founding Fathers wrote this document,

They were not mythical - read The Federalist Papers.

Quote:
Quote:they could not have possibly envisioned what firearms have become. They also imbued us with the tools to change the Constitution, tools they themselves used, as well as every generation since then. Even the rights currently granted and protected by the Constitution are not unlimited, even 'free speech' has it's reasonable limits.
People that talk about the founding fathers and their intent etc seem to put these people up on pedastools as if they are infallible gods.

*pedestals

Read The Federalist Papers; these were thoughtful men who disagreed with each other on many things but reached some consensus.

Quote:Move forward people, progress. Don't live life based on the thinking of people from days gone by.

Guns are dangerous and risk public safety.

Automobiles are dangerous and risk public safety.
Coal-fired electric generators are dangerous and risk public safety.
Oil refineries are dangerous and risk public safety.

Quote:There are reasons why police will sometimes not fire their gun in public, police are trained to make this decision and to be keenly aware of public safety. Why should gun owners not also be trained to respect public safety?

They should be trained. I am.

12-01-2015, 02:47 PM
(12-01-2015 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My allies are those that don't carry guns. Those that peacefully walk away when they see a potential threat rather than reach for their guns.

My allies are those who would step up to help and defend others.
My allies are those that seek to avoid conflict. To disarm and befriend.
Public places are no place for loaded guns.
I don't want my children anywhere near loaded guns.

People that support me on this are my allies.