Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Racist Conservative Gun Nuts Getting A Taste Of Their Own Medicine
(12-01-2015 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  From the article
"I want black people all over the country to start legally carrying assault rifles in public and run patrols to police the police. "

That does not say 'confronting'.
How do they police the police without confrontation?
Policing is a hands on job and conflicts with the desires of those being policed.
It's necessarily confrontational.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Read The Federalist Papers; these were thoughtful men who disagreed with each other on many things but reached some consensus.
Great that they reached a consensus, but this doesn't mean that their consensus is beyond reproach.

(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Automobiles are dangerous and risk public safety.
Coal-fired electric generators are dangerous and risk public safety.
Oil refineries are dangerous and risk public safety.
And these things provide value with a purpose which is necessary for society. A purpose which doesn't involve intentionally killing people.

(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  They should be trained. I am.
Great.
12-01-2015, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 02:59 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(12-01-2015 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  My allies are those who would step up to help and defend others.
My allies are those that seek to avoid conflict. To disarm and befriend.
Public places are no place for loaded guns.
I don't want my children anywhere near loaded guns.

People that support me on this are my allies.

Mass shooters and lone wolf terrorists love people that think the way you do.

You know where I feel safest? Gun shops, outdoor stores like Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's, shooters conventions and so on. I know most people there are armed, and criminals know that too.

Public gun free zones make me nervous. I don't like being a sitting duck.

It's no coincidence mass shootings occur in places where guns are prohibited, yet never happen in places where people are known to carry.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
12-01-2015, 02:58 PM
(10-01-2015 01:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've been in a few government offices recently. Some of them say "Bans guns on these premises". WTF ? The very government that *says* they have the right to bear arms, ... bla bla bla, takes it away with no process other than by posting signs.

The Second Amendment will eventually have to be re-written.

It should be scrapped, along with the 3d, 7th 8th and 10th. Obsolete 18th century horseshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
12-01-2015, 03:02 PM
(12-01-2015 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Would give the police a reason to arrest him. They can then interrogate him about the large sum of cash back at the police department.

You miss the point. He's involved in criminal behavior - he's not going to worry about legally carrying a gun.
You miss the point.

Police cannot arrest you for merely carrying cash, but they can arrest you for carrying a gun without a permit. Once arrested they can then legally inquire about the cash. It gives the police a legal ground from which they can investigate this shady character.
12-01-2015, 03:11 PM
(12-01-2015 03:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  You miss the point. He's involved in criminal behavior - he's not going to worry about legally carrying a gun.
You miss the point.

Police cannot arrest you for merely carrying cash, but they can arrest you for carrying a gun without a permit. Once arrested they can then legally inquire about the cash. It gives the police a legal ground from which they can investigate this shady character.

The point is that he is already a criminal and won't apply for a license to carry a firearm, he will just carry a firearm illegally.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 03:13 PM
(12-01-2015 02:54 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Mass shooters and lone wolf terrorists love people that think the way you do.
Well, actually,
mass shooters and lone wolf terrorists, not to mention peti criminals love to have easy access to guns.
They love that in USA it is easy to get guns.
They love that the gun totting Americans bring guns into the country.
They love it that pistols are easy to get, easy to conceal.

love, love, love it.

(12-01-2015 02:54 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You know where I feel safest? Gun shops, outdoor stores like Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's, shooters conventions and so on. I know most people there are armed, and criminals know that too.
I feel safest in my home in NZ.
I actually feel safe going out in public in NZ too. I have no worries about being shot when I take my kids down town with me. No worries about my kids being shot when they go to school.

(12-01-2015 02:54 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Public gun free zones make me nervous. I don't like being a sitting duck.
Perhaps a move to a safer country is something to think about.

(12-01-2015 02:54 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  It's no coincidence mass shootings occur in places where guns are prohibited, yet never happen in places where people are known to carry.
It's no coincidence that USA has over 10,000 gun homocides per year.
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
(12-01-2015 02:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Read The Federalist Papers; these were thoughtful men who disagreed with each other on many things but reached some consensus.
Great that they reached a consensus, but this doesn't mean that their consensus is beyond reproach.

I never said they were infallible, merely that they had rational reasons and one does well to understand those reasoned arguments and not merely dismiss them.

Quote:
(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Automobiles are dangerous and risk public safety.
Coal-fired electric generators are dangerous and risk public safety.
Oil refineries are dangerous and risk public safety.
And these things provide value with a purpose which is necessary for society. A purpose which doesn't involve intentionally killing people.

They may provide value, but at what cost?

Firearms also provide value. Many crimes have been thwarted and lives saved by the use of firearms.

Quote:
(12-01-2015 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  They should be trained. I am.
Great.

I'm glad you approve.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
(12-01-2015 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Firearms also provide value. Many crimes have been thwarted and lives saved by the use of firearms.
And how many crimes have been aided and how many lives have been ended by the use of firearms?

What is the net total?
Are we talking about a net save or a net ended?
12-01-2015, 03:35 PM
(12-01-2015 03:23 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Firearms also provide value. Many crimes have been thwarted and lives saved by the use of firearms.
And how many crimes have been aided and how many lives have been ended by the use of firearms?

What is the net total?
Are we talking about a net save or a net ended?

If we don't include suicide, it may well be a net positive. Try this source. Or this.