Racist Granny?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Racist Granny?
So there's this racist old lady that lives at the end of my street, and I have to pass her house every time I want to go to the library. Unfortunately the nosy old busybody has a bad habit of sitting on her porch. She tends to like to yell at me about being a nasty little half-breed, with my dirty hippie friends. Most the time I just think ha ha stupid racist granny, But lately I've been thinking is it okay to give someone a pass on being racist just because they're so old?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: Racist Granny?
(10-08-2013 04:42 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So there's this racist old lady that lives at the end of my street, and I have to pass her house every time I want to go to the library. Unfortunately the nosy old busybody has a bad habit of sitting on her porch. She tends to like to yell at me about being a nasty little half-breed, with my dirty hippie friends. Most the time I just think ha ha stupid racist granny, But lately I've been thinking is it okay to give someone a pass on being racist just because they're so old?

Just reply "Aren't you dead yet, ya racist old bat?"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
There may be a good chance she suffers from some sort of dementia. I don't know many normal people, racist or no, that have the gull to sit on their porch and yell obscenities at people without something else being wrong.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-08-2013, 04:54 PM
When I was in dementia care a lot of the people tend to be rather racist, family would say "they were never like that before" and its true...the filter tends to disappear.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure but I don't think anyone but her and her loony cat live there she doesn't even has a car she walks to the bus stop like I do. I've seen people there on holiday but that's it.
10-08-2013, 05:00 PM
(10-08-2013 04:58 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I'm not sure but I don't think anyone but her and her loony cat live there she doesn't even has a car she walks to the bus stop like I do. I've seen people there on holiday but that's it.

Sounds like a lonely life. How sad. Sad

10-08-2013, 05:03 PM
My maternal grandmother was horribly racist. All I could do to fix it was wait for her cancer to catch up.

We were in a grocery store once. She wanted something from a shelf, and there was a black man in the way. Without looking at him, she used her foot to nudge him out of the way. No words, not "excuse me" or "pardon me a moment" or even "move, jerk." Just pushed him, like he was a box waiting to be stocked on the shelf.

This woman was two generations closer to the ancestors I mentioned here.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
10-08-2013, 05:20 PM
(10-08-2013 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When I was in dementia care a lot of the people tend to be rather racist, family would say "they were never like that before" and its true...the filter tends to disappear.

I was thinking that too. My friend's nana was just about the sweetest person alive...until dementia. Then she was horrible, paranoid, racist....just a horrible person to be around who would just suck the life out of the room.

I don't know if they secretly believed that....or if it was completely delusional. My grandma would call and ask me when my mom was coming to take her to the doctor...and tell me her brothers had scared away an armed gunman with oranges and watermelons. My mom had been gone for 20 years....her brothers, oh gosh between like 25 and 50 years...

My grandma would also hit nurses -- pull hair....

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

10-08-2013, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 05:30 PM by BrokenQuill92.)
The old biddy seems pretty sane she must be to go place alone and always make it back to snap at me
10-08-2013, 05:27 PM
(10-08-2013 05:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When I was in dementia care a lot of the people tend to be rather racist, family would say "they were never like that before" and its true...the filter tends to disappear.

I was thinking that too. My friend's nana was just about the sweetest person alive...until dementia. Then she was horrible, paranoid, racist....just a horrible person to be around who would just suck the life out of the room.

I don't know if they secretly believed that....or if it was completely delusional. My grandma would call and ask me when my mom was coming to take her to the doctor...and tell me her brothers had scared away an armed gunman with oranges and watermelons. My mom had been gone for 20 years....her brothers, oh gosh between like 25 and 50 years...

My grandma would also hit nurses -- pull hair....

I'm sorry to hear that, dementias are hard. Sad

Don't feel too bad about the nurses. It is VERY normal for people to become aggressive, Usually it stems from fear of not knowing what's going on, and the nurses totally get that and are prepared for it. Smile

I had a gentleman one time flip dining room tables to hide behind. Because the gunmen were here to kill him. I sat with him on the floor behind the tables talking him down for about 45 minutes.

There was a woman who would warn me against those "thieving blimey N words" who would come in at night and steal her things.

I also had a man sucker punch me in the face several times suddenly while helping him change his clothes. This man had a plaque hanging in his room talking about how he had been the president of the optimist's club.

Many more stories like that, Its very common.