Racist or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2013, 04:49 AM
RE: Racist or not?
Yeah, I'm a racist 'cause I'm attracted to humans. Dodgy

But every time I hear that word, I just wanna punch somebody in the head. To me, it's just an ad hom thrown in the mix to distract from whatever else is going on. So, no.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Two words...

Yellow fever!

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
12-10-2013, 06:15 AM
(12-10-2013 05:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Two words...

Yellow fever!

Drinking Beverage

You do know that yellow fever is contagious, right? It's also known as vomito negro. Attractive.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
12-10-2013, 06:24 AM
(12-10-2013 05:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Two words...

Yellow fever!

Drinking Beverage

Dodgy

Don't start that again.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-10-2013, 07:17 AM
I don't consider it outright racism, but I imagine quite a few people would-and you couldn't convince them otherwise.

In the most basic sense though, it is racist. And it's a fact of life.
16-10-2013, 07:19 AM
I think it is more of preference and not racist.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Some people are more visually oriented than others.

Personally, I don't have a visual type I am attracted to. I am more attracted by certain mannerisms, intelligence, general attitude, humor... and visuals rank after all these things. Not saying that I don't appreciate looking at an attractive individual, but this does not cause me to take a romantic interest. And I do find individuals of all races and genders attractive - if they are - well - attractive. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Is it [something]-ist to prefer certain hair colours or body types (or, shit, genders)? Not last I checked.

Having an opinion is not bad - it's inevitable!

Now, having a prejudicial opinion, and acting on it in dickish ways, that is bad. But that's not exactly news.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Possibly stems from unconscious racism which most people have if they were not born/raised in a multicultural environment.
even then there will be a few races that were singled out by peers for "jokes".
But as you are pondering if its racist, it means you getting as close to one can get as non racist.

Lately i find the term racist is racist, only western caucasians are accused of racism, Asians are far more racist , but to accuse them of racism is for you to be racist.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
16-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I think it depends on the person. I personally dig scrawny pale boys with tattoos and those are the ones who catch my eye and make me drool. But I've seen a handful of black men who I found very attractive as well. And none of that means that I would be compatible with those people outside of physical attraction. When I get to know someone and understand their personality, only then can I say whether or not I'm actually interested in that person or want to be involved with them. That interpersonal growth doesn't change with their looks, race included.

But for someone to say that they would never even consider dating someone of a specific race or ethnicity does strike me as somewhat racist. That's letting what's on the outside overshadow what's on the inside. I would think of someone as narrow-minded at best if they swore they would never date someone who was fat, ugly, blonde, older than them, or whatever characteristic you want to insert.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post