Radical Feminism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Radical Feminism
(03-01-2012 11:22 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 11:01 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Which movement or political faction or religion or philosophy doesn't have a lunatic fringe?

Exactly.

Just because these crazy people exist doesn't mean feminism is bad, or that all feminists are radicals or crazy. However Rush Limbaugh uses this kind of stuff to instruct his loyal followers that all feminists are "fem-nazis".

I agree; there will always be a lunatic fringe and it will always be used to justify, vilify, martyr, etc., all to further disseminate disconnected propaganda. It's quick to stir a negative pot and duck for cover, contributing little to history in the long run. It's sort of like regional blood-letting; it picks at scabs to prolong infection.

I also think those same radical sentiments can be inadvertently taken up by other not-so-fringe elements and used advantageously or contrarily. Sadly, a fringe group will always seek to take advantage of the competitive nature of any human being, with the objective of keeping hate alive; create more assholes.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
(03-01-2012 07:24 AM)Leela Wrote:  They are not "radical feminists" in my opinion. They are man-haters. And I do see a difference, because a feminist fights for women right and emancipation, and there are actual male feminists. But I don't think a man will last long in that forum.

Yes, thank you for this. I love this term, it seems closer to the truth.
04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Now I've seen some radical feminist statements before , such as "women cannot consent to sex with a man , it's rape" and so on. But I figured such women were abused and had trauma to deal with.
I;ve seen groups like ROKS in Scandinavia force women to give statements that weren't true.
But this , this is beyond understandable ...
Just wanted to see what people thought.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-04-2013, 12:44 AM
(03-01-2012 01:56 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Ok , I've heard a lot about radical feminism since I hit the interwebs but recently I came a cross a video supposedly from a private forum that was hacked and its contents published.
[...]
Not sure what to make of this . Is it a poe forum ? Or can some women be so f**** sick ?

Just out of curiosity... This is the post that brought me to this forum...
Since males have been doing most of what you're decrying to females in the past few thousand years, and females are just now (compared to 3-4000 years) starting to fight back... I took a quick glance at your... let's see 1600 posts... and did not see you expend so much time decrying female infanticide, female "denutrition", etc. You put a fair bit of effort into creating that video... so I was wondering if you put in equal time decrying when males do (as opposed to females only 'saying') all those things??
18-04-2013, 12:57 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6DHGw5Bt56h6WRfptLpD...wDYwisehh8]

I don't think you will get a reply from him. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-04-2013, 04:29 AM
I think I'm gonna find this forum and troll it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
18-04-2013, 06:05 AM
(18-04-2013 12:44 AM)NorthernTNT Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 01:56 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Ok , I've heard a lot about radical feminism since I hit the interwebs but recently I came a cross a video supposedly from a private forum that was hacked and its contents published.
[...]
Not sure what to make of this . Is it a poe forum ? Or can some women be so f**** sick ?

Just out of curiosity... This is the post that brought me to this forum...
Since males have been doing most of what you're decrying to females in the past few thousand years, and females are just now (compared to 3-4000 years) starting to fight back... I took a quick glance at your... let's see 1600 posts... and did not see you expend so much time decrying female infanticide, female "denutrition", etc. You put a fair bit of effort into creating that video... so I was wondering if you put in equal time decrying when males do (as opposed to females only 'saying') all those things??

We tend to look at what humanity does or does not do. All viewpoints are welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I assume that the women in that forum all have been abused, or have a phobia centered on men. With a good measure of plain crazies sprinkled in.

I wouldn't call them feminist, feminists are busy advancing women to an EQUAL status with men in society.

Feminism isn't based on hate, it's based on seeking societal and fiscal equality. And feminism is getting ever closer to reaching it's goals, to the point where a lot of young people don't even see the point anymore. And that's a good thing.

Feminism is but one aspect of equality, some day we will have a female president, an openly gay president, an openly atheist president etc.

Feminism tries to eliminate prejudice based on gender, and it goes hand in hand with all other prejudices. The problem is prejudice in general.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Is it silly of me to be actually scared of these people?

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
18-04-2013, 10:34 PM
(03-01-2012 08:00 AM)bemore Wrote:  I feel sorry for them........Hating half of the world, must make the place seem pretty gloomy.

I looked into the history of feminsim and how it rose and why.....ive lost a lot of my notes but basicly I believe that it was supported and encoraged because they could only tax half of the population (men).....with women at work they can increase there tax revenue and also put a strain on the family unit as both parents would be absent for some of the time........leaving the state to educate them.

Actually, it's a four for one deal in a lot of cases. When there's one parent staying at home raising the kid(s), there is only one parent on the tax rolls. When both parents work, not only are there two parents being taxed but, the work that is child rearing becomes a taxable entrepreneurial opportunity in the form of day care centers and, the hired hand who does the child rearing also gets taxed.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user