Radio Online

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
18-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Radio Online
The Theist has an eclectic collection of online radio stations for your listening pleasure. 50, 60, 70 and 80's classics, Adult Conteporary, Ambient, Beatles, Bhangra, Big Band, Bossa Nova, Breakbeat, Bluegrass, Cassical, Classic Rock, Classic Country, New Country, Dancehall Reggae, Dixieland, Dub, Bob Dylan, Electro, Freeform, Funk, Garage, Gothic, Gypsy, Hardcore, Hip Hop, House, Hits, Indie, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Led Zeppelin, Lounge, Metal, Nature, New Age, Pink Floyd, Punk, R&B, Raggae, Ragtime, Rap, Relaxation, Rock, Rolling Stones, Salsa, Ska, Soft Pop, Soul, Soundtracks / Filmscores, Bruce Springsteen, Synthpop, Techno, Trance, Urban and World.

The Theist | Music

[Image: logo2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: Radio Online
"You may have to download the free Real Player" that put the nix on the deal for me man. Do you have any Pandora stations?
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
20-10-2012, 09:13 AM
(20-10-2012 07:42 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  "You may have to download the free Real Player" that put the nix on the deal for me man. Do you have any Pandora stations?

Never heard of it. Why do you have a problem with Real Player?

20-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Well, I have used it in the past but it just seemed too intrusive of a program by wanting to be my primary media player. I just don't like having to install yet another program on my pc if I really don't need to. Especially now that I just listen to music mostly on my phone now. Pandora is web based and unlimited on mobile so it works good for me.
20-10-2012, 10:45 PM
(20-10-2012 08:04 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Well, I have used it in the past but it just seemed too intrusive of a program by wanting to be my primary media player. I just don't like having to install yet another program on my pc if I really don't need to. Especially now that I just listen to music mostly on my phone now. Pandora is web based and unlimited on mobile so it works good for me.

I'm not sure how it works, because I've always preferred Real Player, but these are just .pls, .ram. and mp3 files. So, no matter what player you use you may, as far as I know, which may be wrong, can play.

It's the best I can do, 'cause its my shit, so I mean, I don't know? I sure hope you can get it on your player. The best I can do. Let me know.

Kitty has a Les Paul.

21-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I love good music. Love classic rock but always looking for anything new and interesting too. Pandora is awesome for finding good new bands. Put in a band or song you like and they'll play it along with other similar bands you may or may not have heard of. As an artist, I feel compelled to spend my music money on the little guys making good music without being backed by some big media conglomerate.

Still love the classic stuff tho... click on one of my stations here for an example:
http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1088246749734668040

Or you can just make up your own station.

Pandora does or did have a limitation on the amount of time you listen to it on a pc. The mobile app is unlimited but, has a commercial here and there.

(20-10-2012 10:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Kitty has a Les Paul.

Yeah, do you play?
23-10-2012, 09:13 AM
(21-10-2012 09:04 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I love good music. Love classic rock but always looking for anything new and interesting too. Pandora is awesome for finding good new bands. Put in a band or song you like and they'll play it along with other similar bands you may or may not have heard of. As an artist, I feel compelled to spend my music money on the little guys making good music without being backed by some big media conglomerate.

Still love the classic stuff tho... click on one of my stations here for an example:

Pandora does or did have a limitation on the amount of time you listen to it on a pc. The mobile app is unlimited but, has a commercial here and there.

(20-10-2012 10:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Kitty has a Les Paul.

Yeah, do you play?

Have you ever tried http://www.last.fm? Possibly my most favourite site, ever.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 05:49 PM
(23-10-2012 09:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 09:04 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I love good music. Love classic rock but always looking for anything new and interesting too. Pandora is awesome for finding good new bands. Put in a band or song you like and they'll play it along with other similar bands you may or may not have heard of. As an artist, I feel compelled to spend my music money on the little guys making good music without being backed by some big media conglomerate.

Yeah, do you play?

Have you ever tried http://www.last.fm? Possibly my most favourite site, ever.

Yes I have! Although more for just discography research and such. I probably listen to music on youtube more than anywhere lately. A site called tubalr.com is great for generating instant custom youtube playlists.
24-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Radio Online
(18-10-2012 10:22 AM)The Theist Wrote:  The Theist has an eclectic collection of online radio stations for your listening pleasure. 50, 60, 70 and 80's classics, Adult Conteporary, Ambient, Beatles, Bhangra, Big Band, Bossa Nova, Breakbeat, Bluegrass, Cassical, Classic Rock, Classic Country, New Country, Dancehall Reggae, Dixieland, Dub, Bob Dylan, Electro, Freeform, Funk, Garage, Gothic, Gypsy, Hardcore, Hip Hop, House, Hits, Indie, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Led Zeppelin, Lounge, Metal, Nature, New Age, Pink Floyd, Punk, R&B, Raggae, Ragtime, Rap, Relaxation, Rock, Rolling Stones, Salsa, Ska, Soft Pop, Soul, Soundtracks / Filmscores, Bruce Springsteen, Synthpop, Techno, Trance, Urban and World.

The Theist | Music

Holy cow! And I thought my collection was eclectic. Do you listen to all of that music yourself?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
24-10-2012, 04:19 AM
(23-10-2012 05:49 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Yes I have! Although more for just discography research and such. I probably listen to music on youtube more than anywhere lately. A site called tubalr.com is great for generating instant custom youtube playlists.

I usually listen to music while working, so the video clips might be kind of distracting for me... I do have rather obscure tastes, though, so youtube is sometimes the only place I can get a hold of what I like.

Last.fm's great for discovering new stuff - I've found quite a few new artists (and whole genres) there. Best three bucks a month I've ever paid (and am still payingSmile)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post