Radioactive water seeps into sea from stricken nuclear plant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 05:09 PM

RE: Radioactive water seeps into sea from stricken nuclear plant
(03-04-2011 12:18 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:There's talk on a forum I'm member of wherein some are speculating that this isn't actually a quake crack that's causing the radioactive leak. Rather, it's the lie that's being sold so that the plant can release the sea water it brought in to cool the reactor, rather than store it in what is already a compromised facility.
This doesn't seem plausible to me.
It just sounds like a kind of conspiracy I'd hear or something.
Wouldn't they poison their own seashores and fishing grounds also ? Wouldn't it seep into ground water and poison the general population ?
I'd think so. But maybe the line of thought was it wouldn't be that much in a ration of seawater to radioactive contamination. Maybe there was this notion about dilution of something.
Clueless. Just passing along what's on the boards in some places. Blush
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
(03-04-2011 05:09 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 12:18 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:There's talk on a forum I'm member of wherein some are speculating that this isn't actually a quake crack that's causing the radioactive leak. Rather, it's the lie that's being sold so that the plant can release the sea water it brought in to cool the reactor, rather than store it in what is already a compromised facility.
This doesn't seem plausible to me.
It just sounds like a kind of conspiracy I'd hear or something.
Wouldn't they poison their own seashores and fishing grounds also ? Wouldn't it seep into ground water and poison the general population ?
I'd think so. But maybe the line of thought was it wouldn't be that much in a ration of seawater to radioactive contamination. Maybe there was this notion about dilution of something.
Clueless. Just passing along what's on the boards in some places. Blush

Times like these make me really wish we had a physicist around here. I'm not sure I'm right either GK but I'm speculating the Japanese would be destroy their eco-system if they did that - who knows if I'm right or wrong. I have to look at some papers. Know any good journals on nuclear physics ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM

To answer in order of your question.
No.
And, are you kidding? I'm so scientifically inept I'm lucky I can even spell Fizicks! Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Well after a while of not really stating they dumped it, they have declared that contaminated water was dumped in order to make room for more dangerous contaminated water to be stored. It was a measure to prevent a serious leak when the containers for contamination filled. You really can't expect them to have expected this situation, and while the water is being contaminated it's nowhere near the amount of contamination caused by companies that dump in rivers.

This is currently a disaster situation and I do feel that Iodine is not the worst radioactive substance in a nuclear plant.

Interestingly enough television is back on track only being stopped for around 1 week when the event happened. Life in most of Japan has returned to normal, and it is now just an issue for the area and the government.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply