Ragequits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Ragequits
(21-04-2013 11:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 11:03 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  You gotta be loaded if you can afford to break your shit whenever you get angry.

I used to ragequit a lot myself, but now I just stop playing before I reach that point. Frankly I find anger and rage to be a very unattractive human quality.

Oh well, not loaded, I just happen to earn the money I spend. And I always buy used games in anycase, so my economy is kinda stable, for a 17 year old who has yet to leave the nest.

Also, Danish. Cool.

Loaded or not, I simply don't understand why it's an achievement to break your shit. I'm not thinking about just you, but the gaming community in general.

In my eyes, you are just an idiot, if you actually spend money on something, cheap or expensive, and then break it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 03:53 PM
(21-04-2013 03:22 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 11:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh well, not loaded, I just happen to earn the money I spend. And I always buy used games in anycase, so my economy is kinda stable, for a 17 year old who has yet to leave the nest.

Also, Danish. Cool.

Loaded or not, I simply don't understand why it's an achievement to break your shit. I'm not thinking about just you, but the gaming community in general.

In my eyes, you are just an idiot, if you actually spend money on something, cheap or expensive, and then break it.

Of course it's stupid, that's the point.
21-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I remember lying in bed at night whilst my older brother played Mario Kart on my NES. I would hear such snippets as "Oh yeah, do that! That's exactly what I wanted to do! Red shell! That's real fucking great! This is bullshit! Yeah I wanted to fly off the cliff! Put me down you fucking cloud!" In the mornings my controllers were usually broken into pieces. I used to hate playing video games against friends cause I'd usually be beating them and they'd usually be raging. I'd have to let them catch up a bit to calm them down.

These days, when I rage it's usually due to poor programming. I'll yell at the screen and go write an angry review on Gamespot. Then 3 games later, I'll go back to Gamespot and add a few more complaints until the review was deleted for excessive use of inappropriate language.

My most recent rage was a while ago. It was fighting Frost in Fight Night Champion, where you had to run from him for like 4 rounds and he one-shotted you with any punch. It was like playing Mike Tyson in Punch Out but without any punch indicators.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
27-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Replaying Far Cry 3 on the hardest difficulty. Not a good idea when tired at 1 am

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
27-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Your kind of game, Tartarus:

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I rage quit a lot of stuff, but these days I try not to break any of my controllers or consoles. That said, I rage quit Fire Emblem once and pressed the home button on the 3DS a little too hard, and because of it's stupid location, it damaged the bottom screen. Boo!

I also rage quit XCOM: Enemy Unknown quite a bit because I flatly refused to allow soldiers I'd spent hours leveling to die so easily... or at all.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
28-10-2013, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2013 03:50 PM by Slowminded.)
(20-04-2013 02:08 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Now let's be honest, we have all had one. You play a game, and then something happens with in it that pisses you off so much that you want break that piece shit you play on, or you want to break someone for doing something to you.

I'm a what I choose to call a ragequit-master. When I get pissed off, I break stuff like a crazy monkey. Here is my bodycount list over broken machines, caused by gaming or other issues:

2 Nintendo Gameboy Advanced (Screen broken, first by a headbutt, second by a kneesmash)
1 Nintendo DS Lite (Top screen broken, by biting... yes I bite stuff)
2 Computer Mouse(s) (HULK SMASH)
3 - 4 SIXAXIS 3 Playstation Controllers (Kneesmash here too)
And the grand achievement: 3 Laptop Harddisks, shattered by my Fists Of Fury...
Total amount of damage costs... I have no fucking idea...
If you can beat this, I will name you grand champion of ragequitting.
Peace out...

Meh, you don't know what rage is until you played online poker for money.

Computer equipment? I don't even count that bro. I broke furniture.

There is a place on the wall where many of mouses have died.
I've developed a strategy, I would buy a cheapest mouse there is and not keep another one in reserve, so when I brake that one, I can't continue to play until I buy another one.
Once I ripped my t shirt off and screamed from my balcony in 2 after midnight.

My friend left teeth marks on a coffee table Big Grin

Online poker will crush your soul and make your hart black, pain and misery will be your daily companions. I recommend it to everyone. Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
28-10-2013, 03:40 PM
A close guy friend of my would rage playing online CoD or Battlefield. He'd sit at the end of his bed while playing games, and the wall right beside him had a perfect indention of the side of an Xbox controller. He'd hit the same spot every time, continuously make the hole bigger, and eventually his parents just didn't bother to fix it.

I've never been a rage quitter. If I can't do something, I slam my handheld shut at most, or turn my console off and just wait a few hours/a day and go back to what was bugging me to see if I can figure it out... and by then I can usually get past where I was stuck.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
28-10-2013, 04:10 PM
(28-10-2013 03:40 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I've never been a rage quitter. If I can't do something, I slam my handheld shut at most, or turn my console off and just wait a few hours/a day and go back to what was bugging me to see if I can figure it out... and by then I can usually get past where I was stuck.

Which must be frequent because you play Skyrim on console

28-10-2013, 06:08 PM
(20-04-2013 02:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I lol'd. Big Grin

Saw the thread title, and go, "that's Matt, all day long." This kid I live with... the meme around here is, U Matt, Bro? Tongue

Somehow, I have not managed to break squat. I get tough controllers. Thumbsup

Hey Johnny...didn't you BEND an Ipad? Okay, I know that's not quite the same as BROKE but still...Tongue

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF