Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again
(09-03-2017 12:10 PM)Billanja Wrote:  How comes seemingly intelligent and well-informed people still defend the capitalistic economical system although they don't have even a tiny little piece of the cake at their disposal?

Because they're been educationally deprived through socio-economic manipulation, and brainwashed into pretty consistently voting against their own best interests.

Witness the staggering number of blue-collar workers who just put an elite billionaire -- who used to "hang concrete and pour sheetrock" -- in the White House, because they believed him to be a 'man of the people'.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 04:50 PM
"It's just a list of people who ought to be killed."

"Here's another pack of low-grade morons who ought to be locked into a portable toilet and set on fire."

"Here's some more parents who oughta be beaten with heavy clubs and left bleeding into the moonlight."

"Here's some more people who ought to be smashed across the face repeatedly with a piece of heavy mining equipment."

"Here's another unfortunate pack of mutants who oughta be penciled in for a sudden visit from the angel of death."

"Here are some more people who oughta be strapped in chairs and beaten with hammers."

"Here are some more musical vermins who's mothers we wish had medical plans that included abortion."

"Here's another pack of jackoffs who oughta be strangled in front of their children."

"Here are some more people with missing chromosomes who oughta be thrown screaming from a helicopter."

"Here are some more men who oughta be strapped to a gurney and castrated with fishing knives."

Laugh out load Thumbsup
[/quote]

These ain't George Carlin quotes, I think.

But I just think. That does not mean I know sh*t about anything real.

Big Grin
09-03-2017, 04:56 PM
(09-03-2017 04:50 PM)Billanja Wrote:  "It's just a list of people who ought to be killed."

Big Grin

Naw, they his Shy Don't know if he came up with them, himself, but I'm fairly certain he did.

They come from his HBO Special: Complaints and Grievances. I think one of his last stand-ups, if not THE last.

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
09-03-2017, 04:58 PM
(09-03-2017 04:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Here are some more men who oughta be strapped to a gurney and castrated with fishing knives."

Laugh out load Thumbsup

George's humor did take a decided turn towards the violent, in his later years. Laugh out load

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 04:58 PM
(09-03-2017 04:49 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Because they're been educationally deprived through socio-economic manipulation, and brainwashed into pretty consistently voting against their own best interests.

Or they remember how non capitalist system looked like. Or they don't consider capitalism to be some kind of plague. Or left failed them so now they feel that right winger using populist language serves them better.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 04:59 PM
(09-03-2017 04:47 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Does that mean I'm too nice, still?

Big Grin

Not quite sure what to make of that cryptic statement. Consider

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Because they're been educationally deprived through socio-economic manipulation, and brainwashed into pretty consistently voting against their own best interests.

Witness the staggering number of blue-collar workers who just put an elite billionaire -- who used to "hang concrete and pour sheetrock" -- in the White House, because they believed him to be a 'man of the people'.
[/quote]

I have no idea what the US-american people are brain-washed about, in order to vote for Trump. But one thing I do know, if they would have voted for Hillary, it wouldn't be any better. It just would have been a different kinda sh*t they have to endure..
09-03-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 05:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-03-2017 04:58 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 04:49 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Because they're been educationally deprived through socio-economic manipulation, and brainwashed into pretty consistently voting against their own best interests.

Or they remember how non capitalist system looked like. Or they don't consider capitalism to be some kind of plague. Or left failed them so now they feel that right winger using populist language serves them better.

If they're in the US I don't think they remember what non capitalism looks like. We do remember things like the carpetbaggers, the great depression and the great recession though which were just the logical conclusions to unfettered capitalism. We keep arguing for it anyway, not because it works as a solid societal foundation , but because filthy rich bastards want to be even filthier.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-03-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 05:15 PM by Dr H.)
(09-03-2017 04:58 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  

Or they remember how non capitalist system looked like.

I doubt there's anyone born in the US old enough to remember that.

Quote:Or they don't consider capitalism to be some kind of plague.

More likely -- demonstrably, in fact -- most don't understand how the system works, and so tend not to see when it is stacked against them.

Quote:Or left failed them so now they feel that right winger using populist language serves them better.

The latter half of that statement doubtless has some truth to it. The former part, not so much, since there has never been any "left" in power in this country to offer a comparison.

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 05:06 PM
(09-03-2017 04:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 04:50 PM)Billanja Wrote:  "It's just a list of people who ought to be killed."

Big Grin

Naw, they his Shy Don't know if he came up with them, himself, but I'm fairly certain he did.

They come from his HBO Special: Complaints and Grievances. I think one of his last stand-ups, if not THE last.

Well, that explains why I don't value Carlin as much as I do others, who are considered as being in the same league of...you name it.

It basically means, I never laughted about a Carlin joke, like never ever. That's a subjective, utterly personal, fact.

I'm sorry.