Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again
(09-03-2017 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 04:58 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Or they remember how non capitalist system looked like. Or they don't consider capitalism to be some kind of plague. Or left failed them so now they feel that right winger using populist language serves them better.

If they're in the US I don't think they remember what non capitalism looks like. We do remember things like the carpetbaggers, the great depression and the great recession though which were just the logical conclusions to unfettered capitalism.

Of course, but then I don't write about USA.

And really to be pro capitalism one doesn't have to be brainwashed, which I tried to point by bringing other reasons.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 05:09 PM
BTW... are we going to get bitch-slapped for having a political discussion in the "Introductions" section?
Perhaps we should re-locate?Huh

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 05:11 PM
(09-03-2017 04:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 04:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Here are some more men who oughta be strapped to a gurney and castrated with fishing knives."

Laugh out load Thumbsup

George's humor did take a decided turn towards the violent, in his later years. Laugh out load

I never found him that funny, actually. Although he is so highly regarded by a lot of peeps, who are into humor and such.
[+] 1 user Likes Billanja's post
09-03-2017, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 05:27 PM by Szuchow.)
(09-03-2017 05:04 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I doubt anyone there's anyone born in the US old enough to remember that.

I don't write about USA. There are quite a few countries in Europe with capitalism being pretty fresh invention.

Quote:More likely -- demonstrably, in fact -- most don't understand how the system works, and so tend not to see when it is stacked against them.

Is it that hard to accept that people may rightly see "capitalism" as something good and that's why they vote on parties supporting it?

Edit: To be pro capitalism one has to be deluded?

Quote:The latter half of that statement doubtless has some truth to it. The former part, not so much, since there has never been any "left" in power in this country to offer a comparison.

Again, I didn't write about USA.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 05:14 PM
(09-03-2017 04:59 PM)Billanja Wrote:  I have no idea what the US-american people are brain-washed about, in order to vote for Trump. But one thing I do know, if they would have voted for Hillary, it wouldn't be any better. It just would have been a different kinda sh*t they have to endure..

Yes and no. The status quo would have gone on, either way.

In fact, maybe it's better that we got Trump, so that all the BS is right out front, where we can see it.

Still, it's disturbing that so many people apparently drank the Kool-Aid as far as believing that Trump was actually an average Joe, with their best interests at heart.

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 05:16 PM
"Or they remember how non capitalist system looked like. Or they don't consider capitalism to be some kind of plague. Or left failed them so now they feel that right winger using populist language serves them better. "

That sounds like as if that actually could be the case, Saz.

I'm just wondering what "non capitalist system looked like" if there ever was such a system at all. Can you elaborate on what that kind of system was like?
09-03-2017, 05:20 PM
(09-03-2017 05:09 PM)Dr H Wrote:  BTW... are we going to get bitch-slapped for having a political discussion in the "Introductions" section?
Perhaps we should re-locate?Huh

Nah, I like it like that. Please let us bang our heads against each other, virtually, right here, right now.
09-03-2017, 05:20 PM
(09-03-2017 05:06 PM)Billanja Wrote:  It basically means, I never laughted about a Carlin joke, like never ever. That's a subjective, utterly personal, fact.

I'm sorry.

Really? Not even this?

George Carlin -- Religion is Bullshit

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
This has gone well beyond a welcome. I moved the thread.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
09-03-2017, 05:25 PM
"And really to be pro capitalism one doesn't have to be brainwashed, which I tried to point by bringing other reasons. "

Oh boy, I just wish you're at least a multi-millionare. Otherwise I consider you as being a mere jerk, a dump fook, too stupid to even understand where you actually are at this point in time.

Sorry for using such terms, says the canadian in me.

Big Grin