Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again
(08-03-2017 02:20 PM)Billanja Wrote:  And no, I don't worship Bob Dylan. I just kinda can't deny his validity. He's a noble-prizer winner, after all.

Yeah, what about that?

I don't know if I'm more mystified by Barak Obama getting a Nobel before he actually did anything, or Bob Dylan getting one after what he's done. Dodgy

Welcome to the forum, Billanja.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
08-03-2017, 05:42 PM
(08-03-2017 05:34 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 02:20 PM)Billanja Wrote:  And no, I don't worship Bob Dylan. I just kinda can't deny his validity. He's a noble-prizer winner, after all.

Yeah, what about that?

I don't know if I'm more mystified by Barak Obama getting a Nobel before he actually did anything, or Bob Dylan getting one after what he's done. Dodgy

Welcome to the forum, Billanja.

It's not up to me to tell how important of a prize the noble-prize actually is. But that Barak Obama got one for peace isn't a good sign. Dats fer sure.

I think that Bob Dylan should be carried around the block in a special something by his devotees 24/7, if he wants to go to the grocery-store, wearing his medal of honor and a funky hat.

But that's just me, a (closet) social-justice warrior.
[+] 1 user Likes Billanja's post
09-03-2017, 01:28 AM
(08-03-2017 04:44 PM)Billanja Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 04:36 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Happy to hear that.

What's your take on Putin? Compared to Trump? And Angela Merkel?

Just curious...

Putin is former KGB spook and authoritarian crybaby (remember crying after elections?), Trump is a clown and from what little I know about Merkel she seems like good chief of state.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 03:31 AM
(09-03-2017 01:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 04:44 PM)Billanja Wrote:  What's your take on Putin? Compared to Trump? And Angela Merkel?

Just curious...

Putin is former KGB spook and authoritarian crybaby (remember crying after elections?), Trump is a clown and from what little I know about Merkel she seems like good chief of state.

ehem *cough cough*, strictly speaking the "chief of state" or lets better say "head of state" is the german president. Its (former) pastor Joachim Gauck. His successor was just elected to be Sigmar Gabriel, Merkels former foreign minister. Merkel is *just* head of government.

That is because Germany is a parliamentary democracy unlike the US which is a presidental one...yet Laugh out load

One personal note if i may add:
I didnt like Merkel from the start, but over the years i am giving her more and more credit for not being an complete idiot or tyrant. Sad times when this is enough to count as a "pro" for a states(wo)man.

I liked particularly her reaction regarding the refugee crisis. I think it was the only proper reaction once these people were at our doorstep, to let them in. The rest of the political discussion around this was just a disgusting smokescreen and campaigning imho.

Her biggest strength is most probably that she always got underestimated by people around her (and foreign political partners). When Kohls reign was about to end, there were many many *princes* waiting to step up in his succession. She "murdered" them all. She also survived multiple scandals regarding fake PhDs (yes, fake PhD ministers Facepalm ) amongst other things. She also keeps the bavarians and their always silly presidents at bay. Dont underestimate this woman.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
09-03-2017, 04:31 AM
(09-03-2017 03:31 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 01:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Putin is former KGB spook and authoritarian crybaby (remember crying after elections?), Trump is a clown and from what little I know about Merkel she seems like good chief of state.

ehem *cough cough*, strictly speaking the "chief of state" or lets better say "head of state" is the german president. Its (former) pastor Joachim Gauck. His successor was just elected to be Sigmar Gabriel, Merkels former foreign minister. Merkel is *just* head of government.

That is because Germany is a parliamentary democracy unlike the US which is a presidental one...yet Laugh out load

One personal note if i may add:
I didnt like Merkel from the start, but over the years i am giving her more and more credit for not being an complete idiot or tyrant. Sad times when this is enough to count as a "pro" for a states(wo)man.

I liked particularly her reaction regarding the refugee crisis. I think it was the only proper reaction once these people were at our doorstep, to let them in. The rest of the political discussion around this was just a disgusting smokescreen and campaigning imho.

Her biggest strength is most probably that she always got underestimated by people around her (and foreign political partners). When Kohls reign was about to end, there were many many *princes* waiting to step up in his succession. She "murdered" them all. She also survived multiple scandals regarding fake PhDs (yes, fake PhD ministers Facepalm ) amongst other things. She also keeps the bavarians and their always silly presidents at bay. Dont underestimate this woman.

I forgot her official title so I just went with chief of state, that she basically is. Your president has as much power as ours or maybe even less if I remember right.

About rest - I neither know nor care much about her so I can't comment on this.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 07:36 AM
(09-03-2017 01:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 04:44 PM)Billanja Wrote:  What's your take on Putin? Compared to Trump? And Angela Merkel?

Just curious...

Merkel is just another remote-controlled puppet in the role of being the cancelor of Germany.

By the way, the USA isn't a democracy. A two-party political system is not seen as a valid democratical system by those who are real, actual democrats. It might be a republic of some sort, but democratic it ain't. About 5% of the world's population is only "represented" by two political partys? Yeah, got it.

And what is wrong with being a "former" KGB spook? Compared to Trump (and Hillary) Putin is like Einsteinsupermanmegamastermind compared to TwocreepswhoplayIwannabetheboss.
09-03-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi Lubricant. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-03-2017, 07:46 AM
(09-03-2017 07:36 AM)Billanja Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 01:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Putin is former KGB spook and authoritarian crybaby (remember crying after elections?), Trump is a clown and from what little I know about Merkel she seems like good chief of state.

Merkel is just another remote-controlled puppet in the role of being the cancelor of Germany.

Chancellor. And who control her?

Quote:By the way, the USA isn't a democracy. A two-party political system is not seen as a valid democratical system by those who are real, actual democrats.

Real, actual democrats? No true Scotsman I guess.

Quote:It might be a republic of some sort, but democratic it ain't. About 5% of the world's population is only "represented" by two political partys? Yeah, got it.

Supposedly it is democratic cause it has free elections (or so Wikipedia tells me) but I couldn't care less.

Quote:And what is wrong with being a "former" KGB spook? Compared to Trump (and Hillary) Putin is like Einsteinsupermanmegamastermind compared to TwocreepswhoplayIwannabetheboss.

What is wrong with being former member of authoritarian state secret police? Nothing Rolleyes

Putin is just authoritarian clown, with quite dangerous ideas. See Marcel H. Van Herpen Putin's Wars: The Rise of Russia's New Imperialism.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 07:46 AM
"He acts like an animal, has an animal's habits! Eats like one, moves like one, talks like one! There's something even sub-human-something not quite to the stage of humanity yet! Yes, something - ape-like about him.....Thousands and thousands of years have passed him right by, and there he is - Stanley Kowalksi - survivor of the stone age!...And you - you here - waiting for him! Maybe he'll strike you or maybe grunt and kiss you! That is, if kisses have been discovered yet!"

(Blanche in A Streetcar Named Desire, Scene 4, pg. 188)

Big Grin
09-03-2017, 09:53 AM
(09-03-2017 07:42 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi Lubricant. Smile

Lubri-cant?