Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Raised as an atheist, went all the way, back on the market-place again
(09-03-2017 12:45 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Capitalism could or should, or couldn't and shouldn't be regulated? In order to reach/archive/get to what exactely?

Capitalism is regulated, in some countries more, in some less.

In order to achieve what - reasonable living standard would be my guess. Sure it is less spectacular than classless utopia but it is something achievable.

Quote:If there is a conspiracy, not just in theory, but actually, it's the claim (by those who even remotely benefit from it) that the capitalistic economical system isn't that bad after all.

Maybe learn some history before you starting to make fool of yourself? Or look to Scandinavian countries. Aren't they capitalist at least a little?

Quote:Like, "look! We have science and we life longer now and we can watch movies and such! Isn't that something?" As if that is an archievment of capitalism, and not something that happend despite of it and could not be avoided anyway..

When you're making strawmans make sure they fit. I wrote nothing about science or movies.

Quote:Tell me more lies, please. Can't get enough of it.

Write some more angsty, stupid shit about evils of capitalism. It's always good to have something to laugh about.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Scandinavian countys have a constitional monarchie. That is what I consider anti-democratic by nature. Why having a monarchie, even a (merely) constitutional one? That already dis-qualifies them as being a good model for what I'm up to.

And I'm not dealing utopian models. I just point out what the UTTER flaws of the currant economical system is: It's based on a whole lotta lies.

What lies, you may ask. Well...

...critizise just one single aspect of it, and I consider you as a valid partner in the "pursuit of happiness." But I'm not so sure you can even come up with one single aspect. Call me a pessimist if you have to.
09-03-2017, 01:15 PM
(09-03-2017 01:07 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Scandinavian countys have a constitional monarchie. That is what I consider anti-democratic by nature. Why having a monarchie, even a (merely) constitutional one? That already dis-qualifies them as being a good model for what I'm up to.

They also have a good standard of living according to what little I know about them so I couldn't care less about them being (titular?) monarchies.

Quote:And I'm not dealing utopian models. I just point out what the UTTER flaws of the currant economical system is: It's based on a whole lotta lies.

You're just fantasizing about something called "actual, real democracy", while ignoring real achievements of some countries.

Quote:What lies, you may ask. Well...

...critizise just one single aspect of it, and I consider you as a valid partner in the "pursuit of happiness." But I'm not so sure you can even come up with one single aspect. Call me a pessimist if you have to.

You're ascribing too much importance to yourself. Why should I care about you considering me a valid partner in the "pursuit of happiness"?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Suz,

I have the strong impression I may know who you are in real life. By the way you argue.

But...let's continue.

Big Grin

I can't see you're being able, willing and/or capable of comming up with just one little tiny bit of critizism of the capitalistic economical system. Is that because you can't think or is it because you "prefer not to"?

(And yes, I know that's a double-bind question.)
09-03-2017, 01:28 PM
(09-03-2017 01:23 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Suz,

I have the strong impression I may know who you are in real life. By the way you argue.

But...let's continue.

I very much doubt it. But I'm interested in who you think I am.

Quote:I can't see you're being able, willing and/or capable of comming up with just one little tiny bit of critizism of the capitalistic economical system. Is that because you can't think or is it because you "prefer not to"?

(And yes, I know that's a double-bind question.)

If you want to play it that way then I don't see you understanding my answer.

About criticism - growing inequalities seems to be a quite the problem of capitalist countries.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2017, 01:50 PM
An accurate critzism of the capitalistic economical system can have many shades. But in what you wrote, I can't see any of those.

And yes, I do think I know who you are by the way you argue. And I do understand that you want me to tell you who I think you are. But I keep it for myself for now.

You could have come up with saying something like, "I get your point regarding a constitutional monarchy. It kind of contradicts the mere idea of democracy. Because there either is monarchy OR there is democracy. It's like there either is fire OR there is water. They don't mix." But that's not what you are willing/able and/Or capable of saying. For what reasons ever.

You want me to paraphrase you and your take? How boring would that be? You're take is obvious and as old and bold as the bible. And my take is obvious too.

IOW, you defend the capitalistic economical system, as good as you can, trying to not look like a complete idiot by doing so. And I try my very best to point out it's flaws, without looking like a dirty commy. Which I'm not.

I'm an old-school social democrat! Verdammt nochmal!

How would you lable yourself? Just curious.
[+] 1 user Likes Billanja's post
09-03-2017, 02:02 PM
(09-03-2017 01:50 PM)Billanja Wrote:  An accurate critzism of the capitalistic economical system can have many shades. But in what you wrote, I can't see any of those.

Tough shit.

Quote:And yes, I do think I know who you are by the way you argue. And I do understand that you want me to tell you who I think you are. But I keep it for myself for now.

I very much doubt that I in in your imagination bears even passing resemblance to me IRL.

Quote:You could have come up with saying something like, "I get your point regarding a constitutional monarchy. It kind of contradicts the mere idea of democracy. Because there either is monarchy OR there is democracy. It's like there either is fire OR there is water. They don't mix." But that's not what you are willing/able and/Or capable of saying. For what reasons ever.

I could. But I don't give a shit about you not liking monarchy, nor I care about monarchy itself. It is standard of living that counts for me and tolerance.

You may think that (titular?) monarchy don't mix with democracy. But so what?

Quote:You want me to paraphrase you and your take? How boring would that be? You're take is obvious and as old and bold as the bible. And my take is obvious too.

?

Quote:IOW, you defend the capitalistic economical system, as good as you can, trying to not look like a complete idiot by doing so. And I try my very best to point out it's flaws, without looking like a dirty commy. Which I'm not.

Trouble is that you don't even look like an idiot, but rather as child crying about how capitalism is bad while spouting something about "real, actual democracy" and hoping that everyone will tell you how great this idea is. But you offer nothing, not even utopia that revolutionaries of old espoused.

Quote:I'm an old-school social democrat! Verdammt nochmal!

Kautsky era old school I guess.

Quote:How would you lable yourself? Just curious.

Liberal and not so slightly leftist for whatever it is worth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-03-2017, 02:21 PM
"It is standard of living that counts for me and tolerance."

Thanks for that one, Saz. No further information needed from you in order for me to overstand your stance, dude..

Tolerance, eh? Tolerating what exactely? The currant state of affairs just like it is?

Big Grin
09-03-2017, 02:27 PM
(09-03-2017 02:21 PM)Billanja Wrote:  "It is standard of living that counts for me and tolerance."

Thanks for that one, Saz. No further information needed from you in order for me to overstand your stance, dude..

Understand.

Also I have doubts about your ability to understand anything that don't agree with your biases.

Quote:Tolerance, eh? Tolerating what exactely? The currant state of affairs just like it is?

Big Grin

Tolerance of diversity maybe? I wonder why it didn't cross your mind.

Guess this will be to your liking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBm9NQ9kxRE

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-03-2017, 02:36 PM
I may be wrong but what do you consider a viable, equitable government style? You are not the Ayn Rand type are you? You are not a Communists but are you a communist? There is a difference you know.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself