Raising Atheist children.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Raising Atheist children.
(25-10-2013 09:51 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 02:57 PM)Skippy538 Wrote:  and for this, I'm grateful. Your morality disgusts me, and so does your slave mentality and ethos.

"slaves, obey your masters." This is your christian morality in action. A slave mentality.

The only correct answer to this babble statement is FUCK YOU, I will NOT obey.

You must have missed my thread explaining this is "employees, obey your bosses" which is good ethics and business practice.

http://christianthinktank.com/qnoslave.html

I CHOOSE to take a job and accept my boss as an authority. Slaves never CHOSE to accept their masters. Paul speaks of slaves, not employees.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Raising Atheist children.
(25-10-2013 02:47 PM)Yasmin Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:55 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  That's because you're not an open atheist. If you were, you'd hear it all the time. You don't see it because you're not the lodestone they're attracted to.

That's true and I can understand that. On the other hand, we have to put up with constant misquoting and assumptions ourselves (such a some of the YT videos). Like when the OP called my God a 'sky pervert,' I winced a bit but unfortunately I'm getting used to that, and since it wasn't relevant to the post I let it slide.

(25-10-2013 12:55 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Just do a youtube search on "atheist have no morals" and look for the videos with low ratings and you'll see what we're talking about.

Thanks, I had a look. Some were a bit rude, some actually made a huge effort to be polite and reasonable. I don't think the issue is 'athiests don't believe in God therefore they're evil and immoral.' I think the heart of the question is if athiests have no absolute moral authority, such as God, then how is a common sense of morality formed?

I'm itching to get my debating hat on right now, but since I don't want to take the thread off topic, maybe it's a good subject for another thread sometime?

I wouldn't recommend putting your debating hat on in this forum. Asking a question to get answers is one thing, but actively engaging in debate is another. You've got about twenty atheists for every theist, and you'll get swarmed with responses faster than you can reply. Most of them will be nice responses if you're nice in your OP, but it will still be overwhelming. There's another forum on this site, called "The Boxing Ring", specifically designed for the one-on-one debate format. I'm up for that sort of debate if you are.
25-10-2013, 05:12 PM
(24-10-2013 02:57 PM)Skippy538 Wrote:  and for this, I'm grateful. Your morality disgusts me, and so does your slave mentality and ethos.

"slaves, obey your masters." This is your christian morality in action. A slave mentality.

You must have missed my thread explaining this is "employees, obey your bosses" which is good ethics and business practice.

.... so, wait, you mean free wage-earners could be beaten by their masters, and if it took them three days to die (IIRC correctly) the master was blameless, but if they died sooner the master got fined for murdering a free employee?

DAMN those people needed labor unions.
25-10-2013, 05:20 PM

You must have missed where your reasoning and the reasoning of your author were shit and we explained that to you.

BUT, I am not referring to slaves specifically. I am referring to christians, who have a slave moral ethic - everything is about what you can't do. Nietzsche handles this topic quite profoundly.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
25-10-2013, 05:32 PM
(25-10-2013 05:07 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I wouldn't recommend putting your debating hat on in this forum. Asking a question to get answers is one thing, but actively engaging in debate is another. You've got about twenty atheists for every theist, and you'll get swarmed with responses faster than you can reply. Most of them will be nice responses if you're nice in your OP, but it will still be overwhelming. There's another forum on this site, called "The Boxing Ring", specifically designed for the one-on-one debate format. I'm up for that sort of debate if you are.

Thanks for the advice. I've noticed that threads can get a bit sidetracked at times- we started out on good parenting, I go away for a few hours and suddenly we're back on slavery? This is the first forum I've joined that's put me in the minority and while it's interesting I'm sure at times it will be overwhelming. In a good way I hope Smile
25-10-2013, 06:42 PM
(25-10-2013 05:32 PM)Yasmin Wrote:  Thanks for the advice. I've noticed that threads can get a bit sidetracked at times- we started out on good parenting, I go away for a few hours and suddenly we're back on slavery? This is the first forum I've joined that's put me in the minority and while it's interesting I'm sure at times it will be overwhelming. In a good way I hope Smile

Most threads are off topic by the 10th post Smile

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
25-10-2013, 07:50 PM
(25-10-2013 06:42 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 05:32 PM)Yasmin Wrote:  Thanks for the advice. I've noticed that threads can get a bit sidetracked at times- we started out on good parenting, I go away for a few hours and suddenly we're back on slavery? This is the first forum I've joined that's put me in the minority and while it's interesting I'm sure at times it will be overwhelming. In a good way I hope Smile

We need to start a thread-derailment competition. Evil_monster
25-10-2013, 07:56 PM
(25-10-2013 07:50 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 06:42 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Most threads are off topic by the 10th post Smile

We need to start a thread-derailment competition. Evil_monster

Hughsie and Ferdi already did that so you are several hundred threads behind.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-10-2013, 08:39 PM
(25-10-2013 06:42 PM)sporehux Wrote:  

Sorry sorry sorry. Fucking PJ.

My reference was not to actual slavery, but the slave moral ethos of christian "morality." Its designed perfectly to keep people in abnegation, which was why Rome loved it so much, promoted it actively, and why we have it now. I generally try to stay on point but that guy can get me engaged in T-minus two seconds.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
01-11-2013, 01:29 PM
(24-10-2013 03:52 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Seen a few posts now where De converted have mentioned confusion
About their Children.And also some nasty theist fallacies.

My wife died in 2001 (weak catholic) been mostly a single dad (agnostic) since then, 2 daughters 2yr and 5yr at the time. 14 and 17 now.

In that time I just imparted my karma inspired morals, zero discipline, they feel bad when I'm upset and they stop
Fighting.
Turns out I did indirectly indoctrinate them in my attitude to religion (arguing with my theist visitors) and for that I feel a little guilty, but in comparison my daughters are both very kind and empathetic , don't see any issues with racism or gays. (Asian driver slurs a little. My fault).
All school reports have praised there politeness and empathy to others.
Compared to the several children of my theist friends they are angels.
Recently dropped my oldest off at a bus stop and she immediately rushed to help someone who had dropped a heap of papers, a few private Christian school girls were just ignoring it.

Side effects are they have very little tolerance for ghost and alien stories are a little harsh on their friends opinions of mysticism, tell me there's a scammer at the door when strangers knock.
Either have De converted all their online friends or have ended up only associated with agnostics/atheists.
Otherwise ordinary kids no different than church going friends kids.

Summary :they are at least as moral if not more (dads rose glasses) than other children. With zero Christian moral training or fear of the great sky pervert. My oldest just got into a cadetship in Aboriginal heath services because she wanted to help people who seemed to need it most.
(They lay drunk in innercity parks like hobos)

So you can understand maybe why I get mad when theists claim atheist cant have morals therefore must be immoral people.

Sorry for the length. A little self indulgent maybe .

Praise JEBUS!