Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2010, 01:50 PM

Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear
Thoughts? Did anyone watch it?

The only thing that made me cringe was the Benediction. Yes, I know it wasn't serious at all, but why was there one, period?
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2010, 11:59 PM
RE: Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear
I only caught the beginning. John Legend and The Roots were great. The MythBusters also did a good job of roaring up the crowd (gotta love that show). Then Jon came out, then Stephen, and at that point I had to leave, so I couldn't see the rest.

I still have it recorded so I'll watch it later today.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2010, 01:38 PM
lame try to catch voters again. Won't help Obama (or at least I hope it won't...).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I was actually there. Sorry, but the Myth Busters (who I love) didn't do nearly as much to rouse the crowd as the Roots did. We actually couldn't hear Adam most of the time. And as for Guido Sarducci, come on! That guy was and is great! He puts the lie to religion every time he opens his mouth.
31-10-2010, 05:44 PM

(31-10-2010 01:38 PM)shiranl Wrote:  lame try to catch voters again. Won't help Obama (or at least I hope it won't...).

Wow, you really didn't get it at all, did you?
01-11-2010, 03:37 AM
(31-10-2010 05:44 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  
(31-10-2010 01:38 PM)shiranl Wrote:  lame try to catch voters again. Won't help Obama (or at least I hope it won't...).

Wow, you really didn't get it at all, did you?

I was thinking the same thing, TruthAddict. Nobody mentioned the election. It wasn't about democrats vs Republicans. It was about critical thought vs rhetoric, but unless you think one side has a lock on rhetoric then it's not partisan.
01-11-2010, 11:13 PM

(30-10-2010 01:50 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  The only thing that made me cringe was the Benediction. Yes, I know it wasn't serious at all, but why was there one, period?

The benediction made me laugh my ass off, which really was the point.