Ralph Ellis. You guys heard of him? Making BIG claims.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Ralph Ellis. You guys heard of him? Making BIG claims.
You guys heard of this Ralph Ellis character????

http://www.amazon.com/Ralph-Ellis/e/B003...r_dp_pel_1

Ralph Ellis has been researching biblical and Egyptian history for more than 30 years. Being independent from theological and educational establishments allows Ralph to tread where others do not dare, and it is through this independence that Ralph has discovered so many new biblical and historical truths.

Perhaps one of the biggest 'cover-ups' is the fact that the Israelites were originally Egyptians, the Hyksos Shepherd pharaohs who were ejected from Egypt in the 17th century BC. But this simple correlation colours the rest of biblical history, for it means that both King Solomon and King Jesus were also of Egyptian heritage.

A pal of mine send me a text telling me I MUST check out a youtube video on this guy...as Ralph has found evidence of Jesus in Egyptian Historical Records.
Now, i have yet to do any real research on this guy. BUT before i did, i wondered if anyone here knows of him and has info that might save me a bit of time (ie..he's a quack and conspiracy freak etc etc).

Anyone else heard of him?

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
21-03-2012, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 03:57 PM by morondog.)
RE: Ralph Ellis. You guys heard of him? Making BIG claims.
Dunno. But the idea that Hyksos = Hebrews is as old as translations from Egyptian. It's not his original idea by any means, and if some fringe group is pushing him as the great enlightener then I wouldn't expect much of his academic credentials - a man who's busy soaking up the lime light doesn't have time for actual research. I fully expect him to have a whole bunch of stuff about how he is a genius and other academics are conspiring against him Tongue Funny how easy it is to pick up nut jobs...
Besides which written Egyptian records in Heiroglyphics were practically unknown in Jesus' time. Hang on - lemme go do some googling...

OK so it turns out the last known Heiroglyphic text was written in 384 AD. (Passing reference on wikipedia, so I can't cite and it doesn't say monument or anything so I imagine it was a papyrus). So time enough to record some of the doings of a crazy desert gentleman. Um... so this implies that Jesus was the son of God right? Cos I guess I could convert again. Fuck I hate being wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Just read the full bumph and reviews. Basically.

Paul (saul) and Josephus are one and the same. If this was the case then you would think that somewhere in his writings Josephus would mention Jesus. He mentions christians once but dismisses them as a pernicious cult. His original writings were of course tampered with to make it look like he spoke directly of Jesus, but luckily Islam, with far less invested in Jesus, preserved some earlier untampered copies of his works.

This is the main core of the book from what I can tell.

I think it is a pretty silly claim. His reviewers however assure us that his research is extensive and his case near watertight. I am not convinced though, there are far to few reviews to think they could be genuine.

He also claims Jesus is the son of Cleopatra
Jesus was exiled to the UK and is actually also Arthur from the king arthur myth, while his disciples are the knights.

Would certainly be interesting.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
(21-03-2012 04:26 PM)Eternal Wrote:  Just read the full bumph and reviews. Basically.

Paul (saul) and Josephus are one and the same. If this was the case then you would think that somewhere in his writings Josephus would mention Jesus.

This is Ralph Ellis, and yes, I do claim and prove that Saul and Josephus were the same person. And yes, Josephus does mention Jesus on many occasions, as one might expect. Josephus narrates all of 1st century Judaean history, so he could hardly have missed out Jesus - unless Jesus was complete mythology. The only problem here, is who Josephus identifies Jesus as, which is why this obvious conflation of characters has never been contemplated previously.

In the works of Josephus, the biblical Jesus is clearly the leader of the Jewish Revolt, who is named variously in these books as either Jesus of Gamala or Izas of Adiabene. So yes, Jesus is mentioned many times in the works of Josephus, and he kindly uses the same name too. Jesus was Jesus, or sometimes Izas, and he was a very famous character indeed. Like the NT intimates, Josephus (and the Talmud) clearly states that Jesus-Izas was:

A king. A Nazarene. A revolutionary. The leader of a new sect of Judaism. The high priest of Jerusalem. The husband of Mary Magdalene. A leader who lost to the Romans. A leader who was crucified along with two others. A leader who survived the cross, because of Joseph (of Arimathaea/Flavius).

So yes, we do indeed have the full history of the biblical Jesus, it is just that the real Jesus was more of a secular/political revolutionary than Christianity would like to admit. In fact, we now know so much about him, we even have coins that depict his profile, and a statue that depicts his dress (armour). It is just a shame that the very people who adore this character most, will reject his identification most vociferously.

Oh, and by the way, I too am an Atheist who Thinks.

[+] 1 user Likes ralphellis's post
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
>>Paul (saul) and Josephus are one and the same. If this was the case then you
>>would think that somewhere in his writings Josephus would mention Jesus

This is Ralph Ellis, and yes, I do claim and prove that Saul and Josephus were the same person. And yes, Josephus does mention Jesus on many occasions, as one might expect. Josephus narrates all of 1st century Judaean history, so he could hardly have missed out Jesus - unless Jesus was complete mythology. The only problem here, is who Josephus identifies Jesus as, which is why this obvious conflation of characters has never been contemplated previously.

In the works of Josephus, the biblical Jesus is clearly the leader of the Jewish Revolt, who is named variously in these books as either Jesus of Gamala or Izas of Adiabene. So yes, Jesus is mentioned many times in the works of Josephus, and he kindly uses the same name too. Jesus was Jesus, or sometimes Izas, and he was a very famous character indeed. Like the NT intimates, Josephus (and the Talmud) clearly states that Jesus-Izas was:

A king. A Nazarene. A revolutionary. The leader of a new sect of Judaism. The high priest of Jerusalem. The husband of Mary Magdalene. A leader who lost to the Romans. A leader who was crucified along with two others. A leader who survived the cross, because of Joseph (of Arimathaea/Flavius).

So yes, we do indeed have the full history of the biblical Jesus, it is just that the real Jesus was more of a secular/political revolutionary than Christianity would like to admit. In fact, we now know so much about him, we even have coins that depict his profile, and a statue that depicts his dress (armour). It is just a shame that the very people who adore this character most, will reject his identification most vociferously.

Oh, and by the way, I too am an Atheist who Thinks.

03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forum Ralph.

I'm not qualified to discuss this topic (by which I mean I don't care that much) but welcome anyway.

Bucky, Mark... all yours, boys.

Cheers

03-03-2013, 10:58 AM
(03-03-2013 08:32 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  Oh, and by the way, I too am an Atheist who Thinks.
What's your motivation with this research?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Ralph, you're a liar and a fraud.

^See that right there.
That's an unsubstantiated claim without any evidence to back it up and yet people will believe it because I said it.

I've been sniffing out frauds for over 30 years and you're no different than all the others.
I can spot the tell tale signs like a tracker in the woods and you're not even trying to cover your tracks.

Oh ya - welcome to the forums Smile

PS. Just messin' with ya.
Have you published any of your findings ?
Sounds like it would be a fascinating read.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
(03-03-2013 10:58 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 08:32 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  Oh, and by the way, I too am an Atheist who Thinks.
What's your motivation with this research?

If people must have a belief and a religion, then at least it should be based on real facts and not on fairytales.

I knew I was being sold a 'pup' when I was just seven years old. I was that 'orrible tyke at the back of the class who asked all the awkward questions (like how was Jesus of the line of David when Joseph was not his father etc:etcSmile.

Like it or not, Western culture is based upon these very fairytales, and so I have never ceased searching for what real history this belief system is really based upon. It is important to us all, especially if religion ever gets the upper hand again (as Islam is threatening to do).

03-03-2013, 11:36 AM
"If people must have a belief and a religion, then at least it should be based on real facts and not on fairytales."

How could a religion be based on facts? That's like saying, "If I'm going to own a Unicorn, it should at least be one with four legs and a tail." Horses exist and tales about horses with horns exist but Unicorns don't. Likewise, religions exist but their foundational premises do not. Thus, they are not and can not be based on facts. You might be able to prove that there was a man named Jesus and you might be able to prove his race and many other things about him but that does nothing to place religion on a foundation of facts.

Also, you didn't tell me anything about your motivation. You made some observations and told me what you're doing but that doesn't speak to the why.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user