Ralph Ellis. You guys heard of him? Making BIG claims.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-03-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Ralph Ellis. You guys heard of him? Making BIG claims.
>>"However, the biblical events did not take place in the AD 30s, they took place in the AD 60s"
>>Which "biblical events?" Obviously Jesus wandering around Gallilee and preaching to crowds of
>>thousands for anything from 1 to 3 years didn't occur in the 60s if he was the high priest in Jerusalem.

Well, yes they did. At some indeterminate time in the AD 50s or 60s, the Egyptian False Prophet took the 5,000 out into the wilderness. Familiar story? For many reasons, including the royal heritage of Jesus and his education in Egypt, the Egyptian False Prophet was Jesus himself.

You will note that the Egyptian False Prophet also had the armed force on the Mount of Olives and was going to take Jerusalem by force, until a spira of Roman guards arrived. Familiar story? As I said before, the accounts of Josephus dovetail time and time again with the biblical accounts.

>>Obviously Palm Sunday when Jesus allegedly rode into Jerusalem as a king didn't occur in the year
>>70 because Jerusalem was surrounded by 50,000 Roman troops at that time. I agree that the so-called
>>trial and crucifixion, albeit a failed one, could have occurred in the year 70, but nothing else seems to fit
>>into this timeframe of yours.

Difficult to put a time on this. This was Jesus trying to demonstrate that he was the rightful king. This could have been the AD 60s, when Jesus of Gamala (Jesus) became high priest of Jerusalem.

However, it could have been AD 70, just before the siege. Remember that all hostilities stopped for a year or so, while the Year of Four Emperors was sorted out. And Josephus says that so many people were captured after the siege, because the Romans surrounded the city just after the Passover had started, and some two million (an exaggeration) were trapped in the city. It is even possible that this was a deliberate Roman trap - sit idly by and allow everyone attend the Passover, and then surround the city again.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Please supply academic credentials. What papers have you published and what has been their reception ?
07-03-2013, 06:29 PM
(07-03-2013 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Please supply academic credentials. What papers have you published and what has been their reception ?

His academic credentials are of no concern to me.

His incredibly tenuous connections that he calls 'evidence' are enough to dismiss him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Je sais old bean, but M Fulton appears to be taking him seriously. So I thought I'd try find out - googling him turns up plenty of *self* promo materials and to be fair I haven't looked at his website which might list publications, but I can't find *scholarly* articles. Nor can I find a wikipedia article, which I woulda thought an eminent historian would have. I do turn up that he was an airline captain with a "lateral viewpoint of history" or something like that, presumably arrived at from looking down on the world from 30000 feet for so long.

RE, *anyone* can write a bunch of books, but have you been subjected to peer review ? What good journals (not kooky ones) have run your articles or criticisms thereof ? Or is it the big bad machinery of academia that can't be trusted to publish anything that goes against the prevailing paradigm ?
08-03-2013, 02:33 AM
(07-03-2013 11:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  . Nor can I find a wikipedia article, which I woulda thought an eminent historian would have.

My Wiki page was deleted by Wiki, because they considered my books unsubstantiated and anti-Christian (without reading them, mind). As you know, there are gate-keepers in Wiki and if your gatekeeper does not like your material, then your efforts are toast. In my case, the same gatekeeper edits all the Christian pages.

For example, try to post a Wiki paragraph that says that wind turbines are unreliable and intermittent, and see what happens. Immediate toast.

08-03-2013, 02:34 AM
(07-03-2013 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Please supply academic credentials. What papers have you published and what has been their reception ?

And what were Einstein's academic credentials?

08-03-2013, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 02:54 AM by TheJackal.)
Not sure about him.. However Christianity literally did evolve out of Egypt, and the evicted Hyksos were likely the people of the Exodus giving they were evicted in 1560 BC around the same time as the Terah Eruption to which was a super volcanic eruption to which would have been visible from Egypt and even likely from Levant, or far east as Israel. And some scholars place the date of Exodus between 1523 and 1570 BC..Though exodus as written is mythical, it is likely a mythical story of propaganda based on real events. And the eviction of the Hyksos may explain the anti-Egyptian rhetoric of Exodus as well as the Shasu of Yahweh giving Yahweh likely stems from the Egyptian moon GOD yah.. Also important to note is that the native deity of the Hyksos became the Egyptian storm GOD seth, but after the Therah Eruption and their eviction, it seems we find the birth of a Moon Mountain GOD or a volcano GOD.. Especially when Mount Sinia Comes from the Sumerian Moon GOD "sin" and literally means "Moon Mountain" in which is the abode of Yahweh. And we know Hallelujah (yah, iah) means "Praise the Moon GOD Iah or Yah".. Thus it is likely they brought north the worship of Yahweh and usurped the Canaanite, Amorite, and Sumerian Pantheons, or more notably the head figures of their Pantheons into the persona of Yahweh.

And if you need I can cite sources later, but right now it's almost 4am and I have to work at 12pm tomorrow.. Just leave a msg here and I will get back to you tomorrow night Smile
08-03-2013, 04:42 AM
If Ralph has been studying and writing about this stuff for 30 years he
deserves a lot of respect. That doesn't mean anyone has to accept
anything he says.

Ralph, I hope you will be patient and take the time to fully explain your ideas. I did say I would reply to you tonight....but right now I'm stuffed...my brain is tired. Looks like it'll be tomorrow. I really want to expand on Joe Atwill's theories too.

Thanks Morondog for the vote in confidence in me. I only have qualifications in medicine, not in history, so I'm just an amateur, yet I hope that people have learned something from my ramblings. I've got heaps to learn still, and everytime I come here I learn more.
08-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Mark... can't work out if you're being sarcastic Undecided I know you know your shit, seems like RE also knows quite a bit of his.

*But* a guy who claims to be a ground breaking historian...

Well, it's not like amateurs don't make sometimes huge contributions to science in general, but I can't find a breath of scholarly interest in your ground breaking work. I thought maybe it was too obscure... but come on Ralph Ellis, Einstein *by the way* published a shit load of papers. He sent his stuff for peer review and it was immediately acclaimed. He didn't self-promote for years and claim that "anti-Christianity" stops him from having a wikipage. I want to know what your critics think, do they universally accuse you of kookiness, or do they respectfully disagree with your opinions ?

So you haven't published in journals but you confidently write popular books which won't be reviewed by a critical audience who know their shit. I think you have presented your academic credentials.
08-03-2013, 07:58 AM
(08-03-2013 02:33 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 11:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  . Nor can I find a wikipedia article, which I woulda thought an eminent historian would have.

My Wiki page was deleted by Wiki, because they considered my books unsubstantiated and anti-Christian (without reading them, mind). As you know, there are gate-keepers in Wiki and if your gatekeeper does not like your material, then your efforts are toast. In my case, the same gatekeeper edits all the Christian pages.

For example, try to post a Wiki paragraph that says that wind turbines are unreliable and intermittent, and see what happens. Immediate toast.

Things for which there is actual evidence are not deleted. Your stuff is tenuous and unsupported.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]