Ramadan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Ramadan
(29-06-2014 08:39 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So it's he first day of Ramadan today. A bunch of muslams will not eat or drink anything until sunset. For the whole month. I work with quite a few and one woman this morning asked us non muslams to be patient with them as they may be a little cranky. I didn't say it but I was thinking "fuck you!" If you're going to be an ass because you're stupid god expects you not to eat or drink that's a fucking problem. Not to mention that not drinking water while the sun is up in northern Alberta is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. It's hotter than hell here and the sun rises around 5 am and sets around 10 pm.
I'd imagine any observing muslam living further north don't even have a chance..

You could print this out for her, and ask how it feels to keep a pagan festival ?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2012...estival-2/
http://www.academia.edu/6095765/The_Al-N...y_Islamism

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2014, 05:28 PM
For this holiday, I should buy a sub sandwich, rent a dog and pig on a leash, walk into a mosque and eat the sandwich while feeding both creatures.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
30-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Re: RE: Ramadan
(29-06-2014 05:28 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  For this holiday, I should buy a sub sandwich, rent a dog and pig on a leash, walk into a mosque and eat the sandwich while feeding both creatures.
I would be sure to wear body armour. In Algeria some years back during Ramadan I found a secluded spot to have a ciggie where I was working, the smoke drifted down to some fasting local and he went fucking mental.
The site boss had to sort him out, think he wanted me stoning or whipping.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2014, 06:01 AM
There's quite a few Muslims playing in the world cup. FIFA have allowed water breaks at the 30 minute mark in each half when the temperature is above a certain level. Don't know how the Muslim guys can keep going.
30-06-2014, 12:44 PM
It's probably just as well the World cup aint in Oslo this year, 4am till 10:45pm today would kill someone involved in a footie match.
Retarded.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I remember when Ramadan was around Christmas time... lame Moon calendar systems.

There's something I find gravely unsettling... it's hotter than hell in NORTHERN ALBERTA?! Does that phrase mean something different to other people. I don't think that settles in any way no matter how deeply ingrained in the summertime it is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-06-2014, 07:37 PM
(30-06-2014 06:01 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  There's quite a few Muslims playing in the world cup. FIFA have allowed water breaks at the 30 minute mark in each half when the temperature is above a certain level. Don't know how the Muslim guys can keep going.

There are hadith that pretty clearly say "don't fast if it's stupid".

But of course, religious fanatics are very good at selective reading and at being very stupid indeed; so, who knows.

... this is my signature!
30-06-2014, 09:16 PM
After the news today, I really kinda want my own caliphate. I wanna be a Caliph too.
I would need a Grand Vizier though. I wonder if they're hard to find ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...74393.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.